Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Old, but yea...we getting flashbacks :jbhmm:
Tammy Smith Casting is now seeking cars from the 1980s through early 1990s to appear in the new Marvel feature film, Black Panther. FIlming will take place on January 5th and producers are looking for talent to drive their car in the scene. Casting directors are seeking cars in driving condition that are able to get to set in Atlanta, Georgia.
Marvel's 'Black Panther' Atlanta Casting Call for Cars

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just read issue 9...

The entire book is T'Challa bashing himself and the MA bashing him for being the most terrible King imaginable.

Also this heavy feminist agenda is bordering on parody.

Coates REALLY writes the MA as if T'Challa were raping them morning, noon, and night. It's absurd

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just read issue 9...

The entire book is T'Challa bashing himself and the MA bashing him for being the most terrible King imaginable.

Coates REALLY writes the MA as if T'Challa were raping them morning, noon, and night. It's absurd
TonyStare_zpsjn3ehdzj.gif

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does the title say Martin Freeman returns as Everett Ross? I don't see any stories on the net confirming this information.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just read issue 9...

giphy.gif

Why does the title say Martin Freeman returns as Everett Ross? I don't see any stories on the net confirming this information.
He did an interview a few days ago about it. Makes sense because Lupita said months ago that T'Challa will be seeking out help from the Dora and CIA to stop two villains.

teacher

All Star
Daps
So Coates is already working on S2 and a group title (98% certain it's The Crew)

So he's not going anywhere for the foreseeable future

I thought I read somewhere he has a 60 issue run planned...as long as the book keep selling well I don't see him going anywhere :yeshrug:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Just reread #9. It wasn't that bad, :yeshrug:mostly a build up issue. Unlike previous issues with many plotlines, this issue doesn't feel bogged down or dragging.

-T'Challa wasn't on panel much, but we read a lot of his thoughts throughout the book. The "ill-fit" comment isn't as bad as the preview made it when you read it in its entire context, although I don't necessarily agree with it. His comments on Changamire were on point though.

-Like T'Challa, Shuri wasn't on panel much either. She does get a nice "last page" panel though, courtesy of Stelfreeze.

-Tetu and Zenzi were good in this issue. So was Changamire's brief appearance.

-The MAs were portrayed in a rather realistic manner considering who they are and what they are supposedly trying to achieve. Simply put...they are wayyyyyyyyy in over their heads, lol. My goodness :mjlol:

Concerning the feminism and T'Challa bashing by the MAs: we have to remember, this is the MAs speaking. Their perspective isn't 100% truth (in some cases, it is nowhere to the truth) and it's only their perspective. These are women who's journey started because one of them broke out the other from jail after she murdered someone without due process. Ultimately, they've been trying to find ways to protect themselves from persecution and are trying to make sense of a situation they kicked off that they even don't fully understand.

It's evident that they are mad confused on what's their next step, in large part because they are confused about what they even want to represent. One minute they claim they want to rep the women of Wakanda, next minute they on that "kill everyone" rah rah shyt, just because. One minute they say they want to liberate Wakanda and give Wakandans a country they deserve, the next minute they ally with a dude who bombed innocent Wakandans via a terrorist attack. They've taken emotional step after emotional step, without fully thinking the consequences of their actions. And this time, they not only have to worry about their own well-being, but the well-being of an entire village. Reality is finally kickin in and they shook lol.:russ:

If anything--and I'm prolly reaching real hard right now--Coates is low key exposing how a lot of hardcore feminists out there operate when its time to face the music.They may mean well and may want things to be better for society at large, but when it comes to running shyt for real, they are neither about that life or willing to do what it takes to run a tight ship. Lots of (potentially false) rhetoric, a lot of emotional actions, but when shyt gets real, their foundations start getting real wobbly all the sudden.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Realdealholy Coates retweeted this :jbhmm:

Interesting angle, didn't think about it that way.
tweeted this

Coates spoke facts on that one. Comic book debates can be mad ruthless, hardcore, and straight up gully.

BP debates in particular can be especially heated. Word to what happened during the Hudlin run and what is happening now.

The Hudlin debates seriously had me like :dwillhuh::dwillhuh:

fukk Logan Storm by the way :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

:dead::dead::dead:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just reread #9. It wasn't that bad, :yeshrug:mostly a build up issue. Unlike previous issues with many plotlines, this issue doesn't feel bogged down or dragging.

-T'Challa wasn't on panel much, but we read a lot of his thoughts throughout the book. The "ill-fit" comment isn't as bad as the preview made it when you read it in its entire context, although I don't necessarily agree with it. His comments on Changamire were on point though.

-Like T'Challa, Shuri wasn't on panel much either. She does get a nice "last page" panel though, courtesy of Stelfreeze.

-Tetu and Zenzi were good in this issue. So was Changamire's brief appearance.

-The MAs were portrayed in a rather realistic manner considering who they are and what they are supposedly trying to achieve. Simply put...they are wayyyyyyyyy in over their heads, lol. My goodness :mjlol:

Concerning the feminism and T'Challa bashing by the MAs: we have to remember, this is the MAs speaking. Their perspective isn't 100% truth (in some cases, it is nowhere to the truth) and it's only their perspective. These are women who's journey started because one of them broke out the other from jail after she murdered someone without due process. Ultimately, they've been trying to find ways to protect themselves from persecution and are trying to make sense of a situation they kicked off that they even don't fully understand.

It's evident that they are mad confused on what's their next step, in large part because they are confused about what they even want to represent. One minute they claim they want to rep the women of Wakanda, next minute they on that "kill everyone" rah rah shyt, just because. One minute they say they want to liberate Wakanda and give Wakandans a country they deserve, the next minute they ally with a dude who bombed innocent Wakandans via a terrorist attack. They've taken emotional step after emotional step, without fully thinking the consequences of their actions. And this time, they not only have to worry about their own well-being, but the well-being of an entire village. Reality is finally kickin in and they shook lol.:russ:

If anything--and I'm prolly reaching real hard right now--Coates is low key exposing how a lot of feminists out there operate when its time to face the music.They may mean well and may want things to be better for society at large, but when it comes to running shyt for real, they are neither about that life or willing to do what it takes to run a tight ship. Lots of (potentially false) rhetoric, a lot of emotional actions, but when shyt gets real, their foundations start getting real wobbling all the sudden.

In a nutshell (sexism incoming, but fukk it), that's women as a whole.:mjgrin: It's by design tho. They built to be water, not rocks.