loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
For the record, the reason Hudlin's run is looked back somewhat fondly by detractors is because of the 7 years of bullshyt that followed it.:manny:

And i say that as a fan of his. The one caveat to Hudlin, despite subjective or valid criticisms of technical writing, pacing and Shuri, is that T'Challa was portrayed as a winner.

So yea, after 7 years of him being a loser ppl are going to look back at Hudlin's and say... ":ld:well at least BP got to keep his heroism.. and balls."

Apples and Oranges compared to Coates, who will be as fondly remembered over time as Mayberry and his DoomWar debacle if he doesnt get his shyt together in season 2. Coates already lowkey acknowledged this months back.
whats up with Miles and Gwen

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
'Black Panther' Star Chadwick Boseman Breaks Down Similarities Between T'Challa And Colin Kaepernick
While Civil War purposely didn't delve too deep into exactly who T'Challa is in an effort to use the mystery of the character to the advantage of the forthcoming Black Panther film, Boseman did have a few things he wanted to make sure were brought to life in a way that was as authentic to the original comic as possible.

"One thing was that I wanted this character to speak with an African accent instead of a European accent," he told ESSENCE. "That was one of the discussions at one point--that he could have been educated some other place--but I was basically like, there's no way it would be anything but. He's clearly African and [the nation of] Wakanda hasn't been conquered or colonized, so there's no reason for me to speak with a European accent. It just wouldn't have made sense."

Chadwick calling the shots :wow:

Speaking on how T'Challa's disposition as Marvel's first Black superhero bears similarities to the strength and resilience present among leaders in the Black community in today's society, Boseman referenced how Kaepernick has used his platform to take a stand -- much like T'Challa does in both films.

"For instance, Colin Kaepernick and other NFL players taking a stance," he continued. "It's actually funny to me that that is a problem for some people, because it's their given right to respond to the anthem." The South Carolina native also recalled taking a similar stance of his own back in his days as a middle school student.

"I remember doing similar things even when I was in junior high school. You know, they used to play the national anthem or, we were supposed to say the pledge of allegiance. I remember a point in time where I had just read the autobiography of Malcolm X and I was like, "I don't feel like doing that today." It's your right to do that or not do that. But, you also have to be ready to receive the scrutiny if you do choose to do that because it is going to come from some people, which is the same way I would describe the situation for Black Panther."

Malcolm X advocate and black militant Chadwick portraying a mentally strong kaepernick-esque T'Challa? :ohhh:

A T'Challa who MCU writers dubbed as Obama + James Bond? :lupe:

my goodness:whew:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
whats up with Miles and Gwen

Upcoming 4-part crossover. They're hooking up.
PREVIEW: Spider-Man #12 by Brian Michael Bendis & Sara Pichelli

Spider-Man-12-Cover.jpg

Spider-Man-12-McLeod-Variant.jpg

spider-man12preview1jpg.jpeg

Me and the guys in the comic book thread get a laugh outta all the young superhero chicks that be lowkey/highkey flirting with Miles. Gwen is just the latest one, hence my avi.

I did ask the brehs whether we needed to have a... sit down... with young Miles :mjpls: but we concluded that past history shows he about all the different flavors.
Miles "All Coochie Matters" Morales, in short :hubie:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Martin Freeman is back as Ross.

Martin Freeman on Sherlock, politics and why he’s not on Twitter

“To be honest, without sounding like Alan Partridge, ‘I bounced back’. I get those roles — those roles that are the polar opposite of those slightly passive, reactive parts... The character that I played in Captain America, that I’m about to do more of in Black Panther” — two Marvel films — “is more authoritative, guy-in-charge, government guy.”

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

“To be honest, without sounding like Alan Partridge, ‘I bounced back’. I get those roles — those roles that are the polar opposite of those slightly passive, reactive parts... The character that I played in Captain America, that I’m about to do more of in Black Panther” — two Marvel films — “is more authoritative, guy-in-charge, government guy.”
yes, great actor.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Upcoming 4-part crossover. They're hooking up.

Me and the guys in the comic book thread get a laugh outta all the young superhero chicks that be lowkey/highkey flirting with Miles. Gwen is just the latest one, hence my avi.

I did ask the brehs whether we needed to have a... sit down... with young Miles :mjpls: but we concluded that past history shows he about all the different flavors.
Miles "All Coochie Matters" Morales, in short :hubie:

let me get this straight, she's not the same gwen from the MM's ultimate universe? the one that worked at the dinner that was all up on him

i like David Marquez art style better tho

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The fans who pick up the comics/trades are going to be confused as hell next year tho. They gon see MCU BP kicking ass, cartoon BP kicking ass, kicking ass with him in MvC4... then they gon pick up an issue of the comics and be like
giphy.gif

I'ma just be like :manny:
As of now I only recognize Black Panther from the MCU or Priest. Coates who?
7htmonq_zpsaf84fhrb.png

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
let me get this straight, she's not the same gwen from the MM's ultimate universe? the one that worked at the dinner that was all up on him

i like David Marquez art style better tho
Yup you got it right. Completely different one. She's from a universe where she became Spider-Man Woman, not Peter Parker.

Sadly the only other character that made it over from the ultimate universe, outside of Miles' fam and Ganke, was Bombshell.

18.jpg

I agree that Marquez's artwork was A1 sauce, plus lowkey Miles and Gwen had some good chemistry and moments in that run.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Ross about to crush the buildings :wow:

Boseman and Freeman bout to have that 48 hours/Lethal Weapon like chemistry. Word to @Ziggiy :obama:

Yo its sort of like Poiter and Bill Cosby,
Lets do it again a beautiful win :salute:

Last edited:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Just bring back the vibranium tim's Coogler and it will be certified classic :banderas: