Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Realdealholy The DP and Coogler doing some scouting :ehh:
Still wish they got the DP from Creed :yeshrug:.....but I'm sure she'll do a good job as well. :ehh:

Real shyt, I'm not even trippin about the movie. MCU has a good track record with their films and the talent acquired for this film from the top-down is perhaps the strongest to date.:wow:

The people hired for this project prolly know what it means for the BP movie to do well, so they'll put in the work needed.

All in all, I'm confident they'll do a good job. :obama:

Now the comics, on the other hand, they got me stressing :lupe:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
is that a king of the dead panther bust on he far right? that shyt is aces
That large BP statue?

I actually think it is. I need to get a closer look b/c i dunno if those are zombies/skeletons or just wakandan people making up the "fabric" of it.

King of the Dead was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it, I was like :whoo::banderas:

Must have cover when it drops

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Cx6N40XUAAAVsrT.jpg:large

oh my
:wow:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Cx6x9kXUsAEsST4.jpg

Good God this sh!t is turning into a Black Cast Avengers, lol. Marvel is actually doing the right thing and letting the film be unapologetically Black. Now as long as Ryan also gets to crack the screenplay as well to make sure that melaninated Excellence is on point. But WOW @ this cast. Amazing. I'm calling it right now, has the potential to be the best Marvel Film.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Cx6x9kXUsAEsST4.jpg

Good God this sh!t is turning into a Black Cast Avengers, lol. Marvel is actually doing the right thing and letting the film be unapologetically Black. Now as long as Ryan also gets to crack the screenplay as well to make sure that melaninated Excellence is on point. But WOW @ this cast. Amazing. I'm calling it right now, has the potential to be the best Marvel Film.
I am thoroughly and profoundly impressed so far with how things are developing. And if they give as much stylistic thought to the costumes/armor of Killmonger and Man Ape aa they did with BP's suit design, then we are truly in for a treat.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yes. I don't care about spoilers.

Things I'd be looking for

Intelligent T'Challa- he's one of the top ten smartest characters in the Marvel Universe. They need to establish that T'Challa's brains are as capable as his fists

Cunning Kilmonger- Kilmonger should be T'Challa's equal in brawn as well as planking and strategy. Michael B. Jordan certainly has the charisma, but he also needs to convey a certain demeanor that is low-key dangerous and arrogant.

Dynamic Love Interest- Lupita Nyong'o as Nakia is damn near perfect casting. If anyone knows the character's history, the love story should be electric, compelling, and ultimately tragic. If done right Nakia could end up being the TRUE villain of the BP MCU saga that gives T'Challa emotional turmoil (think Talia Al'Ghul)

Glorious Wakanda- Wakanda should be shown in all of its Afro-Futurist splendor. I'm talking architecture never before seen. Technology that would make Tony Stark green with envy. An Africa untouched by colonism. A true breathtaking sight to behold.

These are my concerns. I was skeptical with the MBJ casting simply because Killmonger must be imposing in some way. MBJ doesn't seem to convey that...definitely not enough to be a/the villain, but we shall see. I also want a FUTURISTIC Wakanda, and my concern is that they'll have it some regular grounded in reality, type atmosphere. They should've actually displayed Wakanda tech in Civil War, especially during the fight scenes but since that's in the past, they have to raise the stakes in this.

By the way, y'all do realize that Marvel is mostly doing team-up films from this point on? There will more than likely be a cameo from someone....Cap, Falcon, Winter Soldier...besides, they have to show how Wakandans react to outsiders.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bucky might end up sliding in one of those Wakandan queens:mjpls:
:russ:Leave Bucky alone.

These are my concerns. I was skeptical with the MBJ casting simply because Killmonger must be imposing in some way. MBJ doesn't seem to convey that...definitely not enough to be a/the villain, but we shall see.

I also want a FUTURISTIC Wakanda, and my concern is that they'll have it some regular grounded in reality, type atmosphere. They should've actually displayed Wakanda tech in Civil War, especially during the fight scenes but since that's in the past, they have to raise the stakes in this.

By the way, y'all do realize that Marvel is mostly doing team-up films from this point on? There will more than likely be a cameo from someone....Cap, Falcon, Winter Soldier...besides, they have to show how Wakandans react to outsiders.

I'm skeptical about MBJ too. But at least the character isn't African so we won't have to hear him attempt an accent.

The little part of Wakanda we saw in the CACW after credits had a little futuristic feel to it.

I think Bucky will have an after credit cameo (him coming out of the freezer and getting a new arm). I can't see any cameos happening in the actual movie.

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Cx6x9kXUsAEsST4.jpg

You shouldn't be surprised by this magnificent display of blackness. Marvel will always stay true. This isn't some weak Fox interpretation of Wakanda. This is Marvel :to: