BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Sorry if these been posted but I found these today. Hopefully we will get some better BP gear once CW comes out.

Superhero t-shirts, hoodies, hats, and more | SuperHeroStuff

image-tsbpcostume-primary-shsnowatermark.jpg
just ordered this joint and a black on black Carolina Panthers hat

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just finished re-reading Hudlin's Bride Of The Panther and man it got me feeling some type of way.

Some people didn't like Hudlin's run or the Panther/Storm pairing but I feel as if Hudlin wrote them extremely well. These two together were supposed to accomplish big things on par with Reed/Sue or Scott/Jean and after Hudlin left Marvel absolutely shytTED on them as a couple and I hate that....

I also hate that they won't be allowed to fix the damage in the MCU as Storm is Fox's property. It's just got me thinking that there isn't really a plausible love interest for T'Challa in the MCU, Monica Lynne doesn't really cut it when compared to Storm...

That was real black love brehs:mjcry:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Just finished re-reading Hudlin's Bride Of The Panther and man it got me feeling some type of way.

Some people didn't like Hudlin's run or the Panther/Storm pairing but I feel as if Hudlin wrote them extremely well. These two together were supposed to accomplish big things on par with Reed/Sue or Scott/Jean and after Hudlin left Marvel absolutely shytTED on them as a couple and I hate that....

I also hate that they won't be allowed to fix the damage in the MCU as Storm is Fox's property. It's just got me thinking that there isn't really a plausible love interest for T'Challa in the MCU, Monica Lynne doesn't really cut it when compared to Storm...

That was real black love brehs:mjcry:

I felt the bride could've be better and should've been longer, to flesh out their relationship prior to him proposing. Hence why a lot of people felt it was rushed. I don't blame them for that.

With that said....the later stories...

05-08-09.jpg

IMG_4525.JPG

Storm fighting Death itself to save T'Challa from dying after being ambushed by Dr. Doom, risking her own life while doing so, and doing it while Wakanda is hanging by a thread? That was some real shyt breh.:mjcry:

Hudlin gets a lot of flack for his run and rightfully so, but that "Deadliest of a Species" arc was probably the couple's best showing outside of the Priest run, the McDuffie run and See Wakanda and Die. He improved a lot by then. Anybody who says that story is wack...I dunno what to say.

And if Hudlin was the problem, why did Marvel sign off on stories taking shots at the couple over and over again after he left? Only the Liss run showed them together and it was limited, but the rest....:scust:

Those two together were awesome and deserve another chance, with a writer who actually wants them together. As for being in the movies, now that Ike Permutter isn't in charge of Marvel Studios anymore, the beef between Marvel and Fox might finally settle down. Who knows what can happen, the BP movie is two and a half years away.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The whole appeal of Monica Lynne was that she's a person T'challa shouldn't be hooking up with or even on his radar but they fell in love anyway. The relationship was way better written than anything with Storm.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The whole appeal of Monica Lynne was that she's a person T'challa shouldn't be hooking up with or even on his radar but they fell in love anyway. The relationship was way better written than anything with Storm.

So you prefer how Mcgregor wrote T'Challa and Monica were written compared to how Priest and Mcduffie wrote T'Challa and Storm?

I get the appeal between T'Challa and Monica, but when both couples are well written, T'Challa and Ororo are by far the better fit, imo.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I get the appeal between T'Challa and Monica, but when both couples are well written, T'Challa and Ororo are by far the better fit, imo.
how can they be a better fit when they weren't even in 10 issues together before Hudlin did the stunt marriage?

There was no courtship or anything.