Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I'm lost brehs. I'm a fan of Storm, but, not really Black Panther. I read Worlds Apart. They were married. But, it didn't do much for the Black Panther. The other issues I read of BP was the storyline where his sister took over while he was hurt.

What are the issues they were married to and from?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
how can they be a better fit when they weren't even in 10 issues together before Hudlin did the stunt marriage?

There was no courtship or anything.

Obviously Monica has an advantage in that she was written longer with T'Challa, but that is not what swayed my decision. Both couples had good to great stories from various writers.

Besides being a foreigner, Monica, compared to T'Challa, is a commoner in every possible way. She's a struggling jazz singer from a middle class family in Georgia. Absolutely nothing special about her. That can be appealing and intriguing, especially when well written, but I always felt T'Challa could "do better" so to speak.

Storm is a foreigner too, but compared to Monica, she has a far better understanding of the day-to-day trial and tribulations that T'Challa goes through. She knows what it's like to be practically worshipped by others. She is a leader in her own right, who commands respect (when well written, lol). Dealing with worldwide threats? She has done that. While T'Challa can appear to be somewhat paranoid, Ororo has a slightly more positive outlook on things (while not being naive about it), which I feel is a great complement. Add the fact that she can control the weather, and she's a far better pill to swallow for the Wakandans compared to Monica.

Thus, when both couples are well written, Storm and BP makes more sense and is far more interesting to me.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm lost brehs. I'm a fan of Storm, but, not really Black Panther. I read Worlds Apart. They were married. But, it didn't do much for the Black Panther. The other issues I read of BP was the storyline where his sister took over while he was hurt.

What are the issues they were married to and from?

The best stories of them together imo are:

-Enemy of the state: Sturm Und Drang by Christopher Priest. They aren't married, but they do missions together, and you get a closer look into their history, plus intimate moments. Very well written (both their romance and the story arc itself). You can read the story on volume 2 of the Christopher Priest run (buy it at Amazon) which is a great read in of itself.

-Fantastic Four by Dwayne McDuffie. Storm and BP replace Reed and Sue for a bit. Very fun stories.

-See Wakanda and Die by Jason Aaron. That story is:whoo: in general, but BP and Storm have a very good showing together.

-Deadliest of the Species by Reggie Hudlin. The issue that led to BP's sister, Shuri, taking over. (The same story where Storm fights death to save T'Challa). Was a pleasant surprise.

You can also check out the BP Civil War tie-ins, which were pretty good imo.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The best stories of them together imo are:

-Enemy of the state: Sturm Und Drang by Christopher Priest. They aren't married, but they do missions together, and you get a closer look into their history, plus intimate moments. Very well written (both their romance and the story arc itself). You can read the story on volume 2 of the Christopher Priest run (buy it at Amazon) which is a great read in of itself.

-Fantastic Four by Dwayne McDuffie. Storm and BP replace Reed and Sue for a bit. Very fun stories.

-See Wakanda and Die by Jason Aaron. That story is:whoo: in general, but BP and Storm have a very good showing together.

-Deadliest of the Species by Reggie Hudlin. The issue that led to BP's sister, Shuri, taking over. (The same story where Storm fights death to save T'Challa). Was a pleasant surprise.

You can also check out the BP Civil War tie-ins, which were pretty good imo.

You basically took the words right out of my mouth lol.

As you know I am in the midst of re-reading the Hudlln run. I feel that if you take the backstory written by Eric Jerome dikkey into account with the Hudlin run then it makes Storm-BP an adequate match. I know that doesn't take away from the "rushed" feeling the comic itself had in those early issues, but the rushed feeling itself didn't take away from some of the great moments I posted. Hudlln's run in my opinion was underrated, you could FEEL his passion for the character and for the marriage.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You basically took the words right out of my mouth lol.

As you know I am in the midst of re-reading the Hudlln run. I feel that if you take the backstory written by Eric Jerome dikkey into account with the Hudlin run then it makes Storm-BP an adequate match. I know that doesn't take away from the "rushed" feeling the comic itself had in those early issues, but the rushed feeling itself didn't take away from some of the great moments I posted. Hudlln's run in my opinion was underrated, you could FEEL his passion for the character and for the marriage.

One thing I noticed is that there were stories with BP and storm (by Hudlin and others) that were not in the Bride issue. If they were put together that way, it would've helped.

Never read the dikkey backstory, since I was familiar already with how they met on the Marvel Team-Up #100. All I know about it is that they retconned who saves who. Haven't heard much about how the actual story is lol.

Hudlin's writing wasn't that good in the beginning, but his passion was def there, almost to a fault. He's one of the few writers that actually wanted to write BP. Most of BP's writers, Priest included, did not (he wanted to write Daredevil I believe).

And yea, it's nowhere close to being one of the greatest runs but in retrospect, Hudlin's run gets way too much flack.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Volume 1 of Christopher Priest run finally arrived in the mail...

tumblr_lyope9qQz01roc353o1_400.gif

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a big fan of the Storm/BP pairing, The image of the two iconic characters together alone was powerful. It was pure Black excellence.

It's good to see they are still a couple at least in the alternate universes. They are married in the current Civil War continuity(even have a son) and they appear to be married in the A-force one.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I was a big fan of the Storm/BP pairing, The image of the two iconic characters together alone was powerful. It was pure Black excellence.

It's good to see they are still a couple at least in the alternate universes. They are married in the current Civil War continuity(even have a son) and they appear to be married in the A-force one.

Noticed they are still together in those two stories as well. Gonna wait a bit on how those stories go first, especially the new civil war.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

I would wait up on Civil War breh, they be on that bullshyt with BP :francis:

I'm mentally throwing it to the bushes.:camby: