Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Late but...

Read this entire issue page-by-page in suspence, that's how ace the writing was.

"No more discouse. no more deliberation. no more excuses. no more mercy.."

"we are terror itself"

:ohhh: :wow: :myman::blessed:

NeatEnchantedAfricanharrierhawk.0.gif

It's OVER for Tetu and them Angel bytches.

T'CHALLA IS BACK, bytchES

There's no returning to L's with that speech. T'challa's mind is set on putting all these traitor motherfukkers six feet under.

If you're patient and keep your faith in the Panther God your calls will eventually be answered.

-That Ramonda-T'challa talk is the GOAT tbh, and should give impatient BP fans hating on Coates some in-story answers as to why T'challa is not acting like an invincible infallbile machine. Like I said in the last issue, this is an existential crisis for T'challa. Really powerful. That nod to Hudlin at the end with T'challa greeting a kid as well. Really everything T'challa's been going thorugh since Doom war is brought here, and is finally and personally dealt with. Him finally just interacting with his people on a face to face basis and giving them inspiration is simple but powerful because we can't remember the last time he's done this post-coma, and speaks to that criticism he's faced from some of them.

T'challa is ready.

- Did not see Tetu, Zenzi and the MAs teaming up together. shyt is crazy. Their goals and perspectives seem polar of each other but I think that's why Coates pulled the twist of teaming up in the first place. Makes for a suspenseful dynamic in the future.

- Ramonda ALMOST dying. :damn: Really thought Coates killed her off there. Damn, that would've been too crazy to handle.

Umm...

Tetu and the MAs DIDN'T team up tho. You got confused there or something. They met up, Tetu propositioned to team up and the MA's stated that while they have a common enemy, their methods and goals weren't the same and they had no reason to trust him like that essentially, so they declined the team up.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Good point. Same thing happened in my theater. No reaction from the theater I was on.

It's not until I logged into twitter that I saw people praising the line. Very strange.

Ya'll must've went to some wack theaters then, lol. I saw this joint like 3 times in theaters and every time, that line got "oh shyt" type of reactions (not literally saying "oh shyt", but the audience was audibly either gasping, laughing or something in response to it).

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Late but...

Read this entire issue page-by-page in suspence, that's how ace the writing was.

"No more discouse. no more deliberation. no more excuses. no more mercy.."

"we are terror itself"

:ohhh: :wow: :myman::blessed:

NeatEnchantedAfricanharrierhawk.0.gif

It's OVER for Tetu and them Angel bytches.

cot damn :dead::dead:

-That Ramonda-T'challa talk is the GOAT tbh, and should give impatient BP fans hating on Coates some in-story answers as to why T'challa is not acting like an invincible infallbile machine. Like I said in the last issue, this is an existential crisis for T'challa. Really powerful. That nod to Hudlin at the end with T'challa greeting a kid as well. Really everything T'challa's been going thorugh since Doom war is brought here, and is finally and personally dealt with. Him finally just interacting with his people on a face to face basis and giving them inspiration is simple but powerful because we can't remember the last time he's done this post-coma, and speaks to that criticism he's faced from some of them.

T'challa is ready.

- Did not see Tetu, Zenzi and the MAs teaming up together. shyt is crazy. Their goals and perspectives seem polar of each other but I think that's why Coates pulled the twist of teaming up in the first place. Makes for a suspenseful dynamic in the future.

- Ramonda ALMOST dying. :damn: Really thought Coates killed her off there. Damn, that would've been too crazy to handle.

@Khalil's_Black_Excellence summed it up well. The MAs are thinking about it, but for now, they put that on hold. They don't trust Tetu like that yet. They might revisit his offer later on though.

That said, I def agree, T'Challa has to go hard on issue 5 especially. I haven't seen dude be that pissed off in a minute. Had me like :leon:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Ya'll must've went to some wack theaters then, lol. I saw this joint like 3 times in theaters and every time, that line got "oh shyt" type of reactions (not literally saying "oh shyt", but the audience was audibly either gasping, laughing or something in response to it).

:mjcry:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Realdealholy @Ziggiy how do you guys post on cbr without getting sick of the site?

It's all good, I simply post my opinion on stuff and make my case when needed. Everyone has their opinions on stuff so it is what it is. :yeshrug:

Besides, I'm from the school of Coli Knocks. Dealt with debates that had waaaaaaaaay tougher rhetoric here :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Realdealholy @Ziggiy how do you guys post on cbr without getting sick of the site?

Eh I post whenever I feel the need. I've been lurking the BP page for close to two years before I ever even posted and mostly I did it at the urging of @Realdealholy. I mostly post there nowadays to provide a difference of voice to all the negativity

Most of those guys don't have shyt on Coli posters so it's actually easy to son them lol

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
She should. I'm expecting there to be several speaking roles for Dora Milaje, and she's already shown that she can deliver an iconic line.

tumblr_o6x1pz8P6c1qdpj5so1_1280.jpg
I don't think she will back. Florence Kasumba got cast as one of the Amazons (Senator Akantha) in the Wonder Woman movie.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It gets annoying seeing all the bytching on that thread but I'm used to it since I've been on there since around 08-09. But as stated they got nothing on the Coli lol.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It gets annoying seeing all the bytching on that thread but I'm used to it since I've been on there since 09. But as stated they got nothing on the Coli lol.

Cosign the bold. Some threads in here are straight up war zones :wow:.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Filming for the Wonder Woman movie ended a few months ago, and the BP filming starts on January. She should be available for the BP film.
Her role in WW is a speaking role...she is one of Hippolyta's top aides. Not sure if Marvel is going to want to have a person from a DC movie in their flick.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Coates held an impromptu Q&A about his BP book on his twitter this past weekend. Copied and pasted the notable questions (with Coates' answers) below. You can see more on his twitter feed.

Q: how many issues do you want to do?
A: 60.

Q: Is the BP hulkbuster armor going to show up in your run?
A: Been talking to @gregpak and @Wil_Moss about that. Lotta Cho fans in Wakanda.

Q: will T'Challa and the Hatut Zeraze's ideological differences resurface at some point?
A: Not quite. T'Challa doesn't have much to lean on. Lotta people are dead. Not much time to air differences.

Q: Have you read Chris Priest's run? Is that an influence?
A: Of Course!

Q: what can we expect of black panther #5?
A: A plan.

Q: regret anything?
A: I mean, I regret I wasn't as good in Issue #1 as I was by the time I got to #12. But, oh well. No way outta that.

Q: In your head, how many seasons (or the comic equivalent of seasons) were you writing this for?
A: Five. 60 issues.

Q: do you feel its more important for T'Challa to show more progress as a warrior or as a king
A: IDK. I think of the divide as being between "hero" and "king"--two ideas I think are in conflict. I don't chose tho.

Q: other than establish contact between these two characters (Tetu and Changamire), what's the purpose of this interaction?
A: Can't say without spoiling. But not a great scene. Too many words in the bubble. Dialogue thick as brambles.

Q: Last Deadpool, Black Panther gets beyond pissed at him for attempting to spoil Game of Thrones, he really that big a fan?
A: Of course. They telling his story.

Q: Will Taku return to Black Panther's inner circle?
A: Think he kinda has to.

Q: will there be any additional threats to the kingdom?
A: F*ck yeah.

Q: what do you say to the readers that say there isn't enough action happening?
A: I don't know what to say. I can only write the book I want to read. I hope people like it. I'm sorry if they don't.

Q: What has been the best or most interesting part of writing the Black Panther comics so far?
A: Learning the importance of structure. So key in comics.

Q: was there any push back about the direction you wanted to take black panther
A: None.

Q: what was the inspiration for the new Dora milaje armor?
A: We just wanted something that made them look like the soldiers they are. @Stelfreeze came through as he always does.

Q: of all of the characters in the last arch, who has the best intentions, in your opinion?
A: They all have the best intentions. "Maybe that was the problem..."

Q: how do you plot the logistics of a fight scene? like do you plot from the end backwards or let it flow organically?
A: Weakest part of my game. Been watching a lot of action films and reading a lot of @brubaker and taking notes.

Q: is the BP Book 1 listed for release on 9/13 the entire first story arc?
A: Yeah but "arc" is confusing. Think of it as Act I in a three act play.

Q: single favorite panel from the run so far?
A: The Ramonda panel in Issue #4 when T'Challa picks her up. Effed me up the first time I saw it.

Q: would you consider the conflict between monarchy & democracy to be a central theme to the run?
A: One of the big ones.

Q: have you considered doing more superhero books after Panther?
A: Not since I started. I think about T'Challa way more than is healthy.

Q: Any thoughts on the Nighthawk book?
A: Adore it.

Q: what helped you identify the eventual new identity of Wakanda at the end of your run?
A: Thinking a lot about the country, itself. Not just its problems, but its established traditions and institutions.

Q: is Bast still relevant?
A: Always.

Q: “when are we going to get some action? it's just a bunch of talking so far...
A: “It is what it is. Nothing wrong with dropping it. Lotta great action books out there. Everything ain't for everyone.”

Q: Was there a struggle with authenticity in creating this new Wakanda? How are you avoiding pathologizing?
A: Pathology comes when you sub in magic for history to explain broad problems.

Q: so does how will BP push back against democratization without becoming Doctor Doom?
A: I mean, that's issues 5-12, right?

Q: Do you love writing the character?
A: Enormously. Was sad when I got to issue #12.

Q: what's your turn around time between final draft & production? Also, has Stelfreeze's art ever inspired you to do a rewrite?
A: Finished Issue #12 just when Issue #1 came out. Wanted to leave room for corrects.

Q:at your Q&A live stream you mentioned senagal influences? Any other cultures? You mentioned Wakanda as a UN of real tribes?
A: Hausa. Maroons of Jamaica. Some Haiti. Some Shona.