Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
King T'Chaka has been casted, according to IMDB. He'll be played by...

John Kani: John Kani - IMDb

Very unexpected choice. He's a good actor though, most def. He'll be seen in Cap: Civil War.

Guess all that Ernie Hudson talk was for not:mjcry:

John Kani is actually South African though, and a highly respected thespian so:salute:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Wakandan justice.
Black_20Power_20Fist_725c8b07-eb9c-4611-9e79-5d23b2f61d9b_medium.png

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
King T'Chaka has been casted, according to IMDB. He'll be played by...

John Kani: John Kani - IMDb

Very unexpected choice. He's a good actor though, most def. He'll be seen in Cap: Civil War.

I'm hoping for Peter Mensah personally but I would be fine with this too. African actors will bring authenticity to Wakanda.

edit. I see it now. T'Chaka (Character)

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It's been confirmed that T'Chaka is in Civil War and apparently

He is gravely injured (not killed) at the UN conference for the Sokovia Accords, which sets T'Challa hunting Bucky, who has been framed by Zemo

I hope he makes it to the solo film. Would be real cool to see the entire royal family in the big screen.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I hope he makes it to the solo film. Would be real cool to see the entire royal family in the big screen.

T'Chaka's death should come at the hands of only ONE villain and that's Klaw. It's his defining "achievement" as a character and it's what makes him T'Challa's arch nemesis. There is almost literally NO reason to introduce Klaw and NOT have him kill T'Chaka

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
T'Chaka's death should come at the hands of only ONE villain and that's Klaw. It's his defining "achievement" as a character and it's what makes him T'Challa's arch nemesis. There is almost literally NO reason to introduce Klaw and NOT have him kill T'Chaka

A breh might shed a man tear when that happens.

It'll be Mufasa dying all over again :mjcry:

I do hope the King of the Dead powers are standard to a BP. Perhaps we could see T'Chaka again, along with the rest of the OG panthers.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
The first issue felt a bit oversaturated, but I think that was inevitable no matter what the scenario.

I hope Coates actually pushes T'challa to his limit and brings the "ostensible ruler" parable to its conclusion. It's been a long time coming since Doom war where anything about T'challa's title was not only physically questioned, but philosophically questioned as well. "How good and genuine is T'challa's rule really?". This deconstruction looks to be realized for real this time. An actual deconstruction and revitalization of T'challa instead of the numerous "Wakanda in turmoil" cliche scenarios that's pretty much been around for a decade now.

Personally I always saw Shuri's role as queen more legitimate and righteous. Compared to Shuri, T'challa is a benevolent, international diplomat than the isolationist militant we're presented of him. Hudlin created a good compliment to T'challa's character out of making Shuri. All the sending T'challa to be a teacher in Harlem or protecting Hell's Kitchen, going on adventures with the FF every 2 seconds, marrying a non-Wakandan, sometimes not really caring about Wakanda or actually putting Wakanda before everything else like he supposedly is to do, being inclusive, just chipped at the legitimacy of his role. But the writers of these comics never internally questioned them to the extent that T'challa would be visiibily punished for his lack of militancy.

And T'challa actually being conflicted with his loyalty towards his own dead father and the Dora Milaje vs everyone else... I feel like T'challa needs to beaten with an ultimatum. I think it's the questioning of morality and contradictions T'challa has all the time that bothers me. T'chaka explains it perfectly "Stop fussing aorund, you are a king... you do what kings do... there's no questioning... duty comes with the crown..."

--

Coates says that the idea of a more fallible, human king of Wakanda flows directly from previous storylines. “I am really taking seriously what people did before me,” he said. “If Achebe did rule that country for a period of time. If KIllmonger actually did kill the King, if Morlun did cut a swath through that country and kill M’Baku and a bunch of other people, if Doom did plot with the Desturi and overthrow the government and damn near did kill T’Challa himself, if Shuri and him did have this break and Dora Milaje did turn their back on him, if Namor did perpetrate this holocaust... what would that country look like after all of that?”

“This was the place that said they could never be invaded, they could never be taken over,” Coates continues. “Well, that’s no longer true. Who are you? I didn’t even come in thinking ‘I’m going to take this apart.’ When I started doing the research I was like, ‘Oh, y’all been taking some hits.’ I thought it would be dishonest to just start up again and say ‘hey the king is the king and everything’s great and everybody’s all right. Oh, and by the way, by the way, as far as we know, Shuri died in battle. The Queen was killed.’ I mean, come on!”

“His uncle S’Yan got killed by Doom? W’Kabi’s dead? Azzuri’s dead? All these guys are gone and I felt like that is trauma. It’s clear there’s been some trauma here. I felt I had to write from that perspective. If I had come in at a different time, maybe I would have felt differently. But I felt like oh no, no, no, no. There’s no way that this can hold... this can’t stand.”

:wow:

Seeing Shuri at the end was :whoo::gladbron:

I actually thought she was gonna be gone forever:wow: