Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props: Chadwick Boseman's Black Panther costume from Captain America: Civil War on display... Original film costumes and props on display

Black%2Bpanther%2Bmask%2BCivil%2BWar%2Bcostume.jpg

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
So I'm reading Chrisopher Priests run right now and was curious about his suit. Is it some type of nano tech which how he takes it on amd off:patrice:. It's a nice touch and I love how he's drawn in the dark and only his lenses of his cowl or shades are shown when changing :whoo::wow:
I hope that's including in the movie verse.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So I'm reading Chrisopher Priests run right now and was curious about his suit. Is it some type of nano tech which how he takes it on amd off:patrice:. It's a nice touch and I love how he's drawn in the dark and only his lenses of his cowl or shades are shown when changing :whoo::wow:
I hope that's including in the movie verse.

His suit is made up of a vibranium mesh. It can withstand knife attacks for example.

The movies showsthat the suit is even stronger now when T'Challa shrugged off those chopper bullets like :beli:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
His suit is made up of a vibranium mesh. It can withstand knife attacks for example.

The movies showsthat the suit is even stronger now when T'Challa shrugged off those chopper bullets like :beli:
Oh nah I know that I meant the actual comic :russ:I was wondering if they explained how it appeared suddenly on him like if it was dome type of nano tech or something.:mjlol: I know he better be a beast in the movie though since Caps shield stopped a grenade and even Thors hammer of all things. No way he should've took that but whatever I'm over it :lolbron:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Oh nah I know that I meant the actual comic :russ:I was wondering if they explained how it appeared suddenly on him like if it was dome type of nano tech or something.:mjlol: I know he better be a beast in the movie though since Caps shield stopped a grenade and even Thors hammer of all things. No way he should've took that but whatever I'm over it :lolbron:

lol, yea the vibranium mesh I'm talking about is actually from the priest run too. Some goon tried to knife T'Challa, and T'Challa basically stood there like "take your best shot."

tumblr_n9lwtcp7ec1tf70vho5_1280.jpg

As for how the suit appeared instantly on him, I completely forgot how that happened lol. I gotta re-read the run.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
lol, yea the vibranium mesh I'm talking about is actually from the priest run too. Some goon tried to knife T'Challa, and T'Challa basically stood there like "take your best shot."

tumblr_n9lwtcp7ec1tf70vho5_1280.jpg

As for how the suit appeared instantly on him, I completely forgot how that happened lol. I gotta re-read the run.
Yea the top panel with him walking into the light is exactly what I meant lol I'm just sitting here like:ohhh:where the hell did his vibranium suit come from??

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In honor of T'Challa I am playing the game Aurion:Legacy Of The Kori-Odan right now

Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan is being developed by Kiro'o Games, a video game developerfrom Yaoundé, Cameroon,[2] the first video game developer from Central Africa.[6] Because of lack of video game development in Cameroon, Kiro'o Games' staff is self-taught.[10][11]

While most fantasy role-playing games take inspiration from European history and mythology,[12]Aurion is based upon African mythology.[6] For the game's story, Kiro'o Games invented the Kiro'o Tales; a name that comes from Swahili, meaning "Spiritual Vision".[2] Founder Olivier Madiba said that the fictional world of Auriona is based upon a fantasy view where Africa wasn't colonized,[8] and while the story of Aurion is fantasy, it takes inspiration from real-world history. The different cultures in Aurion have suffered through a "horrible history" together.[2] "In Aurion, with the story scenario, there's a symbolic analogy between the trials of Enzo and Erine and the common history of Africa and our place in the stakes of the world", said Madiba.[8] The game takes inspiration from several African cultures; the announcement trailer was dubbed in the Bassa dialect[9] and Enzo's battle gear is inspired by Maasai clothing and the outfits of non-player characters are inspired by many people, like the Tuareg, the Yoruba, the Fula and others.[8] The game focuses on working together,[2] and Kiro'o Games wants to "unify and transmit African culture by combining myths, tales, and values", and hopes that African influences will be inspire other creations.[3]

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The first issue felt a bit oversaturated, but I think that was inevitable no matter what the scenario.

I hope Coates actually pushes T'challa to his limit and brings the "ostensible ruler" parable to its conclusion. It's been a long time coming since Doom war where anything about T'challa's title was not only physically questioned, but philosophically questioned as well. "How good and genuine is T'challa's rule really?". This deconstruction looks to be realized for real this time. An actual deconstruction and revitalization of T'challa instead of the numerous "Wakanda in turmoil" cliche scenarios that's pretty much been around for a decade now.

I def hope there will be a legit build-up after the deconstruction for this arc comes to pass. It will be very welcomed after everything that went down in the past 5-6 years.

As someone who isn't a fan of the premise (another Wakandan uprising story in a nutshell), I do feel the premise had much more legitimacy this time around.

Many fans were hoping that the Coates run would focus on the future and hope and so on, being that T'Challa did bring everyone back. But Coates going the direction he did not only makes sense but is a very logical step. Already you have the events of Doomwar and AvX that went down. Add the events of New Avengers and Time Runs Out and it's very hard to just pretend that all of that either didn't happen or wouldn't affect Wakanda somehow, especially if people remembered what happened to them before they died.

This path was very open after the Hickman run and Coates saw that very quickly.

Personally I always saw Shuri's role as queen more legitimate and righteous. Compared to Shuri, T'challa is a benevolent, international diplomat than the isolationist militant we're presented of him. Hudlin created a good compliment to T'challa's character out of making Shuri. All the sending T'challa to be a teacher in Harlem or protecting Hell's Kitchen, going on adventures with the FF every 2 seconds, marrying a non-Wakandan, sometimes not really caring about Wakanda or actually putting Wakanda before everything else like he supposedly is to do, being inclusive, just chipped at the legitimacy of his role. But the writers of these comics never internally questioned them to the extent that T'challa would be visiibily punished for his lack of militancy.

And T'challa actually being conflicted with his loyalty towards his own dead father and the Dora Milaje vs everyone else... I feel like T'challa needs to beaten with an ultimatum. I think it's the questioning of morality and contradictions T'challa has all the time that bothers me. T'chaka explains it perfectly "Stop fussing aorund, you are a king... you do what kings do... there's no questioning... duty comes with the crown..."
Lol you re-opening a can of worms breh :pachaha:. But I agree, that aspect of T'Challa's rule needs to be addressed. I do hope Coates finds a something resembling a permanent solution for it, so that we don't have to go through another uprising story again lol.

A lot of fans, it seems, want T'Challa to be both King and superhero. The reality is that as good as he is (and he's damn good, easily one of the best) he truly can't be both. Unfortunately, New Avengers really opened that door. Breh tried to do both in New Avengers and that completely blew up in his face.

He can't be an effective King through and through when he's constantly out of-country playing superhero with foreigners in foreign soil.

He can't be an effective superhero when the needs of his country often trumps the needs of others or even the greater good.

I think the main difference between T'Challa and Shuri became clear when Coates once asked if T'Challa even likes being King, based on his actions?

It's safe to say that T'Challa, especially after NA and even #1 of the Coates run, does not. The more his kingly duties become a priority, the bigger the likehood he will have to make decisions for the benefit of the country that are flat out unheroic. It's clear he doesn't like being placed a position that makes him decide between his friends (or lovers) and his country.

Speaking of T'Challa's lovers, it also explains why he always hooked up with foreign women (Monica Lynne and Storm). How would a Wakandan love interest, born and raised in Wakanda, feel about T'Challa constantly leaving the country to be around foreigners that much? She might feel some type of way about that sooner or later. The foreign girls clearly won't have that gripe.

Shuri (again, especially after NA) not only likes being the ruler but relishes it. She doesn't have the morality conflict that T'Challa often has being that she made her loyalties very clear from the get-go: her nation and her people always come first. If she has to do something messed in order for her people and her country to survive, she'll do it. She's a lot more like T'Chaka than many may think.
Seeing Shuri at the end was :whoo::gladbron:I actually thought she was gonna be gone forever:wow:

Yea that reveal was very unexpected. It's probably my main hook for the story at the moment. That and how T'Challa is gonna handle all the strife.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
That shyt is so simple but so dope!! I guess its better to leave off the cape for cgi purposes since he is an agile fighter it would only get in the way

I'm cool with him rocking the cape in non-combat situations, especially when meeting dignitaries or for ceremonial reason.

But when its time to scrap, no capes!