mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are many fans that wanted the role of Tchalla recasted. But the fact that they've incorporated the real life death of Chadwick adds more gravitas to the film.

Lupita is the closest actor of the sam near prestige a Chadwick and is an academy award fave currently

plus she was the love interest and Letita has already proven to be a bit of a hassle on set. I think its the right move and honors the character

Shuri is too much of a geek and her tech could prove alot more useful in the MCU (maybe shes is Riri's sidekick in a JARVIS or FRIDAY sort of way)

How was she a hassle?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
There are many fans that wanted the role of Tchalla recasted. But the fact that they've incorporated the real life death of Chadwick adds more gravitas to the film.

How was she a hassle?
maybe hassle is the wrong word, but there was a bit of halting of production cause of her anti-vax speaking out

plus she got injured during filming last year so it was also set back a few months

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m not feeling what they doing at all. T’Challa is an iconic comic character. They just writing him off like he is some insignificant side character. Don’t think that would do this to a white character. RIP to Chadwick, but you could honor him without killing an iconic Black character. I’m really hoping most of this is talking place during the blip. If not this is some bullshyt

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I’m not feeling what they doing at all. T’Challa is an iconic comic character. They just writing him off like he is some insignificant side character. Don’t think that would do this to a white character. RIP to Chadwick, but you could honor him without killing an iconic Black character. I’m really hoping most of this is talking place during the blimp. If not this is some bullshyt
The blimp?

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Namor is clearly Polynesian so where the hell are people getting Mexican from? Not to mention in the comics he's very reserved as revolutionary as one can get in the marvel universe. By default, as with Kilmonger, he's going to be portrayed as the villain with a sob story background. Not expecting much from a sequel, Chadwick was to pivotal to the franchise, but props to Ryan Coogler.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Namor is clearly Polynesian so where the hell are people getting Mexican from? Not to mention in the comics he's very reserved as revolutionary as one can get in the marvel universe. By default, as with Kilmonger, he's going to be portrayed as the villain with a sob story background. Not expecting much from a sequel, Chadwick was to pivotal to the franchise, but props to Ryan Coogler.

This iteration of Namor is taking Aztec influences so I guess that’s why they’re calling him Mexican. Theres a quick shot of Namor in front of a mural of a serpent diety and another scene of him wearing a headdress.

namorheaddress.png

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Namor is clearly Polynesian so where the hell are people getting Mexican from?

Tenoch Huerta (a Mexican actor) learned Mayan (a pre-Mexican language) for the movie. All the iconography is Mayan. Their gods are Mayan.

He's Mayan/Mexican.