Daps
Checked this out today

Dont like comic book movies in general, found this interesting for about half the film

It was hard to root against Killmonger as he didnt seem to be unjustified in his thinking

Suffered from the fact it was so long, too often studios use 150 minutes to tell a 100 minute story

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Checked this out today

Dont like comic book movies in general, found this interesting for about half the film

It was hard to root against Killmonger as he didnt seem to be unjustified in his thinking

Suffered from the fact it was so long, too often studios use 150 minutes to tell a 100 minute story
What took you so long? :mjpls:
Late reviews are always middling.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Not really, Russo's/Feige pretty much said that BP is in Coolger's hands. They were filmed closer together and you see they really didn't (purposefully) introduce any big elements that weren't apart of Coolger's filming.

In doing so they actually went against what Coogler was going for.

The most advanced nation in the world which posed a threat to the rest of the world (if Killmonger had his way) got reduced to brehs with spears from one movie to the next. Oh yeah and they have a forcefield.

So they actually DID end up filming shyt that wasn't a part of Coogler's Wakanda.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In doing so they actually went against what Coogler was going for.

The most advanced nation in the world which posed a threat to the rest of the world (if Killmonger had his way) got reduced to brehs with spears from one movie to the next. Oh yeah and they have a forcefield.

So they actually DID end up filming shyt that wasn't a part of Coogler's Wakanda.

No, just no. They weren't facing the "rest of the world", so that shatters and invalidates everything else you said.

And they didn't introduce anything major outside of Coolger's Wakanda for the most part, the military tech pretty much mirrored the third act of BP minus the cgi rhinos.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Got my Steelbook copy they selling out
np5bvl.jpg

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don’t give two fukks about how long before they filmed IW 1 & 2 before they did Panther. I wanna see BP come back and wreck shop Part 2. I gave them a pass in Part 1 but Part 2 ain’t getting my money if T’Challa only pops up he last five minutes and shyt.

I find it a bullshyt argument to begin with.

MARVEL who plan shyt a decade ahead didn't know what Wakanda was capable of, Wakanda being established in the LAST MOVIE before IW and being so close they shot those scenes simultaneously :stopitslime:

More likely, they just never thought people would CARE this much.

Pretty much. Hopefully this "we didn't want to do anything 'out of respect' to Coogler" thing doesn't become a habitual go-to-line in future Avengers/teamup movies.

They said characters who didn't have much to do in A3 will get more to do in A4, so we'll see how much they really believed in black panther in A4...Dr. Strange's box office wasn't world breaking (232m domestic, 677m total) yet they made a point to give him a lot of shine in A3 to help boost him. Ant-Man's box office was worse (180m, 519m total) so I'm curious to see how big a role he gets in A4.

Obviously A4 is going to focus on the og team coming together, so Steve Rogers is likely going to have more to do compared to A3, prob even Hawkeye, and of course they'll incorporate Carol Danvers. So my gut instinct is that the time for BP to have his moments would've been in A3, and that moment is passed since he's "dead" now.

The out of respect to Coogler theory/excuse is nice n all but it just comes across like they didn't want to prioritize the might of Wakanda because they wanted that moment to go to Thor's grand opening + Scarlet Witch, and having Wakandan space ships and tech fukkery going up against simple brutes would offset the dire situation. This, even though in the source material BP beat Obsidian Cull, and Wakanda and their advance tech army thwart Thanos' invading army all on their own. But meh, whatever.

And that Banner in a HulkBuster suit got that moment to beat Obsidian Cull, that was disappointing.

Before IW, I was saying the impact of BP's success may not be felt until 2020 [other than squeezing whatever small % of his screen time into 50% of marketing lol], but i was cautiously optimistic about A:IW bc of the 3rd act [and the source material]. Now, I really don't care about A4. Not unless it's revealed BP has more to do than just show up at the very end.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Yeah I do think moving forward, BP's overall impact on the MCU will be much higher and more visible. I wouldn't be surprised if he's elevated to Iron Man's or Cap's spot as the head of the Avengers once those actors step away. I think in all of the phases following A4, having BP and Spiderman as your top 2 guys makes the most sense just in terms of their overall popularity. In fact, I remember reading that the original plans for Civil War involved Black Panther having a bigger role before they got the rights to Spiderman.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yeah I do think moving forward, BP's overall impact on the MCU will be much higher and more visible. I wouldn't be surprised if he's elevated to Iron Man's or Cap's spot as the head of the Avengers once those actors step away. I think in all of the phases following A4, having BP and Spiderman as your top 2 guys makes the most sense just in terms of their overall popularity. In fact, I remember reading that the original plans for Civil War involved Black Panther having a bigger role before they got the rights to Spiderman.

From what I recall, T'Challa was meant to have a smaller role at first. Because they wanted Cap's side, Iron Man's side and the third/neutral side that they wanted for Spider-Man.

But the Sony negotiations hit a rough patch and was looking bleak, so they decided to write that 3rd role perspective to Black Panther. Prior to that he still would've been in the movie, but more like a cameo as opposed to a whole arc. It just so happened that after they already went with that decision, the Sony deal went through and so they plugged Spider-Man in as well.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
From what I recall, T'Challa was meant to have a smaller role at first. Because they wanted Cap's side, Iron Man's side and the third/neutral side that they wanted for Spider-Man.

But the Sony negotiations hit a rough patch and was looking bleak, so they decided to write that 3rd role perspective to Black Panther. Prior to that he still would've been in the movie, but more like a cameo as opposed to a whole arc. It just so happened that after they already went with that decision, the Sony deal went through and so they plugged Spider-Man in as well.
:ohhh: Gotcha. Makes sense. In the end, the debut of T'Challa was great to me. Everything from his dialog to his action sequences were top notch in Civil War. And Coogler did an amazing job of fleshing out not only his character, but of the supporting cast too. Black Panther is probably the only movie where the side characters are just as popular as the main protagonist. Even the villain has his own following :wow: