teacher

All Star
Daps
Has anyone touched on why did N’Jobu help Klau get vibranium in the first place? He was trying to start a black revolution but help a racist Cac steal vibranium from your country? Was he trying to force Wakandas hand by doing that?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

That's all following the Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi structure.

Start with a battle. Middle is seeming defeat and revelation (Vader is the father/Leia the sister) and a threeway battle at the end.

I don't think anyone did that before George Lucas.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Has anyone touched on why did N’Jobu help Klau get vibranium in the first place? He was trying to start a black revolution but help a racist Cac steal vibranium from your country? Was he trying to force Wakandas hand by doing that?

I got the idea that he wasn't aware of the fact that Klaw actually killed Wakandans to get the vibranium, iirc he looks surprised when T'Chaka tells him that people died.

I do think the writers kind of missed this a bit with the Erik/T'Challa interactions. What you just typed would've been a hard ass comeback if T'Challa told Erik "Your pops betrayed Wakanda with a man who calls us savages :ufdup:"

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was retrieved from another tribe when europeans were doing what they do best...raping and pillaging
Completely forgot it was stated how the axe was retrieved. But how did Killmonger know it was made out of vibranium?

Side note: "Don't trip. Imma take it off your hands for you."

shyt had me :dead: when he said that.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I got the idea that he wasn't aware of the fact that Klaw actually killed Wakandans to get the vibranium, iirc he looks surprised when T'Chaka tells him that people died.

I do think the writers kind of missed this a bit with the Erik/T'Challa interactions. What you just typed would've been a hard ass comeback if T'Challa told Erik "Your pops betrayed Wakanda with a man who calls us savages :ufdup:"

He needed someone to smuggle the vibranium out that wouldn't be traced back to him. Klau is the last person you would expect him to work with which is why he was the perfect choice. I'm guessing he planned to kill Klau once things he had all the vibranium but never got the chance.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Is it me or does anyone else think they should've toned down the tech a tad bit in BP. I think high futuristic tech is great in flicks long as its not too overpowered. Just my opinion:yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Is it me or does anyone else think they should've toned down the tech a tad bit in BP. I think high futuristic tech is great in flicks long as its not too overpowered. Just my opinion:yeshrug:
just for the suits. Now it gives them an excuse to unmask him every five seconds during a fight scene so we see the actors face.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

Dont think they went far enough:mjgrin:
My thoughts exactly. Unless you're being sarcastic then :pacspit:

But yea I thought they should've shown way more tech stuff but for the purpose of the first movie I can understand why they didn't stuff it with too much new tech. Same reason as to why they didn't show much of the country either.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I completely disagree with this. This is supposed to secretly be the most advanced nation on an earth that has already introduced so much advanced technology that they had to go overpowered to eclipse what already exists.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts exactly. Unless you're being sarcastic then :pacspit:

But yea I thought they should've shown way more tech stuff but for the purpose of the first movie I can understand why they didn't stuff it with too much new tech. Same reason as to why they didn't show much of the country either.
You're saying to exact opposite of what he's saying.