Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Here they go :stopitslime:
Half the people commenting hating as well

Benin Empire would be dope tho :wow:
DX9EnL1X0AAa-Fr.jpg

No reason to hate on BP tho.:hhh:

IG and Twitter has infected people with binary thinking

He could've easily shouted out BP and just used the movie that people to teach about African empires

Nope, it's always "fukk THIS/I Love This"

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@MooseMouthMthafuga @flo @Diasporan Royalty @hex @Primetime

At 1hr 8 min is a good listen about MBJ's performance in Black Panther.
‘Creed’ With Bill Simmons, Wesley Morris, Sean Fennessey, and K. Austin Collins
They do like his performance but have some thoughts.
-Mentioned how when he shares a scene with Boseman or actors more seasoned than him you can see that there are some layers missing.
- He's at 10 all the time. Mentioned how Stallone in Creed wasn't, but had so much gravitas.
- How every other actor in Black Panther is a classically trained actor. Mentioned Winston Duke.
- Would like to see him working with other great directors. Learn some new things and then come back to Coogler.
- However, the choice of the character is like Boyz N the Hood (Tre?) if they were to be conditioned through the military.
- Also, you can make the case that Jordan is actually the avatar for Ryan Coogler.
- People talk about the lack of refinement of Jordan in comparison to the other actors. However, it resembles how Coogler is with interviews, etc. Where he just who he is.
- An outsider to the whats the expected norm, but who is not going to change who he is. That's the same with the choices they went for the character.

I think in their discussion that they are right. People can talk about if MBJ's performance works for them or not. Most agree that the characterization is strong. MBJ's performance is a reflection of Ryan Coogler and the choices they went with.

That's why it worked for me. Cause he adds a different dimension to the rest of the film/characters. Boseman is the subtle and polish. MBJ is pure energy and lack of refinement adds to the character. That helps with the ying and yang. The lack of layers (as an actor) goes along with the things he missed out on as a character.

Imo MBJ would have struggled with no Coogler, but with Coogler it works and has the best brought out of him.
I love the rewatchables and the ringer in general

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
IG and Twitter has infected people with binary thinking

He could've easily shouted out BP and just used the movie that people to teach about African empires

Nope, it's always "fukk THIS/I Love This"
The true irony is that the Empire of Benin during the age of European contact was one of the principal slave trading destinations in West Africa. Smart dumb nikkas smh.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
MBJ is a try too hard.

Movie wqs overrated imo. I believe the Iron Man movies to still be the best Marvel movies.

At 1 point I just smh and said of course this would turn into n1ggaz fightin n1ggaz :snoop:
What a coincidence, Because at one point I knew your goofy ass would try to fukk up another thread.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta check this again while its still in theaters brehs. Since it hit the billy i hope the next one displays more tech like having the suit cloak like this ship or energy daggers

:gladbron:

In the comics i thought they were so advanced i tech because they sold some of the vibranium and with the dough bought the best shyt and Traveled the world learning from the best and bringing it back?? In the movie it seems more mystical with healing and powering the city and weapons

teacher

All Star
Daps
I gotta check this again while its still in theaters brehs. Since it hit the billy i hope the next one displays more tech like having the suit cloak like this ship or energy daggers

:gladbron:

In the comics i thought they were so advanced i tech because they sold some of the vibranium and with the dough bought the best shyt and Traveled the world learning from the best and bringing it back?? In the movie it seems more mystical with healing and powering the city and weapons

This was the original Stan Lee/Don Mcgregor take. Christopher Priest rebooted it made Wakanda the actual source then Hudlin added Wakanda has always been ahead of the rest of the world.