The Exchanges

All Star
Daps
Right. I don't think MBJ is like the Michael Jordan of acting, nor did I think he was the best actor in this movie, much to the disagreement of others. However, I damn sure know he's many miles away from terrible, to say the least, especially in this movie.

I think the one thing he pulled off was his charisma and presence.

He drew attention in every scene he was in for me.

The fact that despite him being at the mercy of Wakanda, he still had a threatening feel to him.

black-panther-michael-b-jordan-chadwick-boseman.jpg

He didn't do anything new as a villain but the fact that he was resolved made him enjoyable. With Loki I always figured 9/10 he'd somehow end up helping or being on the side of Thor. Killmonger made it known that words are bonds.

Knowledgeable, unassuming, charismatic and deceitful just off the museum scene alone. even accepted his defeat like I figured he would.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
What the fukk was his issues with T'Challa?:hhh:

T'Challa was the fukking man. nikkas is bugging.
BLACK PANTHER GETS SO MUCH RIGHT, AND ONE CRUCIAL THING WRONG (REVIEW)
As for what it is? Black Panther is like the most delicious cake you’ve ever tasted in your entire life, but which isn’t quite cooked all the way through.
In fact, every character’s wants and needs are clearly defined, with one exception: T’Challa’s. When the film opens, he wants to be king. Ten minutes and one ceremonial duel with rival tribe-leader M’Baku (Winston Duke) later, he’s king. After that, he wants to maintain the status quo: Preserve the Wakandan way of life. But the status quo, by definition, is static, and stasis isn’t drama. His romance with Nakia never exceeds nascence; by the time the film ends, you might’ve forgotten they had ever been “a thing.” For too much of Black Panther, the Black Panther has everything he wants.

On top of this, he is also almost entirely devoid of flaws. He’s a deadly martial artist, a stalwart friend, well-educated, even-tempered, quick to smile, and, despite all that, he’s humble. Flaws are the grooves, the nocks that add depth. Perfection in fiction, unlike in life, can be boring. I mean, even Indiana Jones was afraid of snakes.
The movie leaps to its feet when T’Challa, Nakia, and Okoye find themselves in Busan, South Korea, hot on the heels of the criminal Klaue. For a hot 15 minutes, Black Panther becomes the best Bond movie you’ll ever see, partially because, here, the Panther wants something—to kill or capture Klaue. But this can also be thanked to the bone-crushing, wall-smashing action executed to perfection by director Ryan Coogler, who takes to it like an artist in love with the ways human bodies can cause destruction. Quickly, the sequence morphs into a car chase that feels as inspired by anime as it does by John Frankenheimer’s Ronin.

Then, Black Panther settles back into its groove, in which everything on the periphery is awesome (especially the Dora Milaje…my gods, the Dora Milaje), but the center does not hold. Though Boseman pivots from dignity to delight on a dime, the screenplay (by Coogler and Joe Robert Cole) has trouble finding ways to emotionally engage with the character, all the way through to an action climax whose humanity is outweighed by its CGI.
BLACK PANTHER Gets So Much Right, and One Crucial Thing Wrong (Review) | Nerdist

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Ludwig Goransson fukked around and scored the OG four hour long director's cut :ohhh:

“I remember the first director’s cut was four hours long, but I already had a lot of material written and recorded. So, I actually scored the four-hour cut of the film. Which is really great.”

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I just saw the movie. :wow: Had that cathartic high when
Killmonger took the throne and was getting ready to launch that global attack.
Same feeling I had when Brodie in Homeland was about to trigger that vest with all them elites in the bunker :picard: fukkin' demonic.

Folks in the theater had some low energy. Thought I was the only one a few kids in there that liked the movie.
You know what would have been an even crazier or dope ending...

Problem is it would be similar to the The Dark Knight, but still..

Imagine if BP/Killmonger are squabbing and then at the end he reveals this was their 2nd shipment :ohhh:

Then cut to a scene showing black people already got some weapons. So it would be more of a question if they decide to use them or not :wow:

Leaves the door open for T'Challa to come back to the states to hunt down the vibranium.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I admit this was kinda funny :manny:

KyCDdprZzeRZbLeIx6ikl08RuuyVOI3SFJFoDDDv604.jpg

I like this quote from reddit though
:ohhh::ohhh:
Just realized... Despite it basically being a meme, the whole "I never freeze" saying was basically the core of his character arc. He's shown at the beginning to freeze for Nakia. Nakia is symbolic of change, or revolution.
Throughout the movie, I was paying attention to the one criticism I read about Black Panther: that he's a flawless character. Maybe he is in some ways, but he still has struggles, and the whole theme of the movie is him struggling with change and revolution.
But then he literally freezes to stay alive. When he's saved, they cover him in snow in the mountains of a tribe that was different than his, effectively outsiders in a different way. While "frozen" (more just really cold), he reaches the climax of his arc, where he realizes what he has to do. Then he unfreezes.
The meme was his biggest character arc.
:wow::wow:

Low key he froze a bit when Killmonger started talking that shyt in the Throne Room as well.

He bounced back and then brought change :ehh:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
And I fukks with the mountain tribe. Those nikkas were all Linebackers. I bet they throw they illest parties. :mjgrin: