28152197_259782211230658_1494934599405404160_n.jpg

28153682_162921701028230_5987420242983256064_n.jpg

28153086_1886794101352277_1328088893915922432_n.jpg

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
@Versa excellent review for the film :salute:. Do you write movie reviews anywhere else? You hit just about every point that needed to be made. Where’d you learn that the opening narration was MBJ being told the stories as a kid? Yeah the film seemed layered on just about everything with a hidden message that didn’t require too much digging but managed to tell things in a way that doesn’t obnoxiously make a point that takes you out of the film (here’s looking at you last Jedi :stopitslime: ).

Thanks brother I appreciate that. This is actually my first time writing a movie review, but you guys have motivated me to do another. Maybe for Wrinkle in Time or Infinity War.

The producer Nate Moore confirmed that it is N'Jobu talking to a young Erik.

My man!:myman: Yeah, this essentially like 99% of my feelings/review of the movie as well. My only difference is what you said about in that
He didn't really turn quick when you think about it. Klaw killed his father almost 30 years ago, which akin to Killmonger's reason for vengeance as well, has sat within him that whole time. Plus, unlike Killmonger, W'Kabi actually had the promise of his own best friend to be responsible for his capture/demise, but was once again let down with that (to which he also felt betrayed with), on top of Killmonger being the one to ultimately grant him that lifelong request sated.

The other side of it too, was also like Killmonger, W'Kabi already expressed interest in cleansing the rest of the world as well. W'Kabi and Killmonger have quite a bit in common, which is why he sided with him and main difference really is that at least W'Kabi still grew up with his true home, with family and friends around him, so that his vengeful hate didn't truly overcome him the way it did Killmonger. His was more a temporary lapse in it for good reasons. But love and honor for his woman and even more importantly, the overall well being of his country and brothers & sisters put his moral compass back on the right track. I definitely would have liked for that scene of him talking with Okoye about their differences about all that as well, but the movie shed enough info on it w/o it being undercooked.
And I think Kaluya played the part very nuanced and incognito superbly. Everyone riding high on the more dynamic performances, mainly in MBJ's (which, while great, I honestly feel like several did better and that it's more the writing and character than his acting that got folks so infatuated in his role), but honestly, I believe Chadwick and Sterling did the greatest overall, with Kaluya, Danai, Letitia and Winston being next, in that order. I want to see much more from the latter two in future movies too. Such fine acting across the board tho.

Thanks man. I did like W'Kabi. Daniel did his thing. I just wish we got at least one extra scene with him and Okoye where he vents his frustrations a bit before Erik shows up. Miniscule flaw/complaint.

You're the THIRD person to throw shots at my guy MBJ haha

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
How would you rate this

I don't want to watch bernardin be annoying
Bernardin's issue is T'Challa so its good outside of him shytting on him.

However, it becomes a really good listen when everyone else shows up and start shooting down his claims. Plus they start breaking down the movie. So you can jump to when they show up. Really good roundtable.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You are bugging on about 10 different levels right now my man.

Right. I don't think MBJ is like the Michael Jordan of acting, nor did I think he was the best actor in this movie, much to the disagreement of others. However, I damn sure know he's many miles away from terrible, to say the least, especially in this movie.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Bernardin's issue is T'Challa so its good outside of him shytting on him.

However, it becomes a really good listen when everyone else shows up and start shooting down his claims. Plus they start breaking down the movie. So you can jump to when they show up. Really good roundtable.

What the fukk was his issues with T'Challa?:hhh:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks brother I appreciate that. This is actually my first time writing a movie review, but you guys have motivated me to do another. Maybe for Wrinkle in Time or Infinity War.

The producer Nate Moore confirmed that it is N'Jobu talking to a young Erik.

Thanks man. I did like W'Kabi. Daniel did his thing. I just wish we got at least one extra scene with him and Okoye where he vents his frustrations a bit before Erik shows up. Miniscule flaw/complaint.

You're the THIRD person to throw shots at my guy MBJ haha

Wasn't really a shot, just rather don't think he's the best acting in the film. Also, since the reception is going a bit into hyperbole category with him and his performance a bit, I'm reeling it in a bit, lol. Definitely the best MCU movie verse villain thus far tho. No question. And great acting on his part as well. Everyone brought their A game.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I just saw the movie. :wow: Had that cathartic high when
Killmonger took the throne and was getting ready to launch that global attack.
Same feeling I had when Brodie in Homeland was about to trigger that vest with all them elites in the bunker :picard: fukkin' demonic.

Folks in the theater had some low energy. Thought I was the only one a few kids in there that liked the movie.