EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Its a damned if you do damned if you don't kind of thing.

On one hand if its "less of a Marvel" film we could have really dove deep into some shyt. Probably get a 2hr 30 to 2hr 45 min run time. Let the 3rd act breathe. Let Killmonger's reign last for a bit *Think The Dark Knight Rises with Bane......but a plan and motivation that actually makes some sense*
Its probably less CGI heavy at the end and its on some Game of Thrones Battle of the Basterds type shyt.

On the other hand...Marvel probably is the only one that could have pulled off Wakanda. Without Wakanda on point it doesn't work so you gotta take what you get.

I'll say this....it doesn't NEED the Avengers at all.

Disney is about to milk the hell out of Wakanda because it can be their Lord of the Rings.

they could make a prequel with how Wakanda started with all the tribes earring and the original black panther that united them

:wow:

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Killmonger can’t just be one and done for the MCU though, right? He’s too good of a character and judging from the response from everywhere, he could be Marvel’s answer to the Joker (a charismatic villain that has a lot of fans who are willing to spend a lot of money on merchandise). :patrice:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I just got back from watching...caught the $5 Tuesday night special. The movie exceeded my expectations. Micheal B Jordan absolutely killed his role as Killmonger. As evil and destructive as he was to the Wakandans, I empathized with him and understood his mission. T'chala and Killmonger are 2 sides of the same coin but T'Chala is more about peace, unity and harmony for his people on the planet. Killmonger is for unity, radicalization and annihilation of suppressors/colonizers.

The girl that playe Shuri, T'Chala's sister killed it too....she constantly had the theater laughing. I might go see it again this friday but Marvel has a goldmine on they're hands with Wakanda. It could very well become its own Star Wars or something close to it.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are being so intellectually disingenuous with Killmonger. “oh he’s an oppressor bla bla bla” completely ignoring that Killmonger is a reaction and byproduct of white imperialism , colonization and oppression of black people for centuries. Killmonger is a consequence. and that is why people are sympathetic to him to an extent and find his anger relatable and understandable.

The amount of posts berating Killmonger without contextualizing his existence is annoying, more so when they come from black people.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Me too. I just saw it Saturday and I already feel the need to restore the feelin':wow:
Just got back from fourth viewing

How ANYONE could say that the first half of the movie is slow is insane. Everything from the opening narration up to T’Challa’s coronation is spectacular. Yes we all know the second half is fantastic (because that’s when Kilmonger starts swagging out) but the little character building moments (T’Challa/Shuri) (T’Challa/Okoye) (T’Challa/Nakia) (T’Challa/W’kabi) (Kilmonger/Klaue) that lead to the second half are all handled with perfection in that first hour.

We also get the glory and splendor of Wakandan culture

The Genius Of Shuri

The Miracles Of Vibranium
I haven't posted in this thread in awhile only because I'm like 200 pages behind on BP posts in various BP related threads.
Wakanda Forever! :blessed:
Man im sitting here thinking about seeing it again. It is 5 dolla Tuesday :mjgrin:
i gotta see this shyt again damnit.
Movie has me like

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif