No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Yeah this shyt won't be re-released unless it's just out of reach of a billion. And it'll be toward the fall/winter when there are theaters to occupy

And the more I think about it, can't get with anything about Killmonger. The way he treated the women in this flick. Complete disregard for all of those black women. shyt the first thing he did when he got Panther Power was choke a woman on the spot. Crazy how many people rolled out the theater bigging him up while ignoring that shyt
Yeah, you're on your own with the Killmonger slander bro. He treated everyone the exact same regardless of gender. Don't do that bro. It would have been strange if he didn't act like that because the whole point of the character was his singular goal and not giving a fukk about anything in his way.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yeah this shyt won't be re-released unless it's just out of reach of a billion. And it'll be toward the fall/winter when there are theaters to occupy

And the more I think about it, can't get with anything about Killmonger. The way he treated the women in this flick. Complete disregard for all of those black women. shyt the first thing he did when he got Panther Power was choke a woman on the spot. Crazy how many people rolled out the theater bigging him up while ignoring that shyt
When the army opposing you is female who are you supposed to attack? I agree about the gardener but the Dora Milaje are fair game. T'Challa helped more cacs with their technology than he did African Americans:sas2:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Had to dig this up :laff:

Who the fukk can say with a straight face that Fruitvale Station is generic :mindblown:

Hell Creed breathed new life into a rusty franchise that had jumped the shark 2 movies ago. Got Stallone a goddamn OSCAR nomination. If anything Coogler took a franchise that was generic and made it fresh again

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Who the fukk can say with a straight face that Fruitvale Station is generic :mindblown:

Hell Creed breathed new life into a rusty franchise that had jumped the shark 2 movies ago. Got Stallone a goddamn OSCAR nomination. If anything Coogler took a franchise that was generic and made it fresh again
Some dudes say stuff just to say it man.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When the army opposing you is female who are you supposed to attack? I agree about the gardener but the Dora Milaje are fair game. T'Challa helped more cacs with their technology than he did African Americans:sas2:

That, murdering the other chick just because. Choking someone out, dismissing the Dora Milaje and basically putting W’kabi and his people above them. Like I said, I get the angle. I get what he’s saying. But I’m not going to cheer for the dude all because he’s playing a song I like. That’s like saying r Kelly isn’t an a$$hole or worse just because he made you step step step in the name of love

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Finally saw it. Dope flick (a bit predictable, but at this point in my movie snobbiness, I don't consider predictability to be a poison pill).

It's very clearly a white man's story/property, tho, so I think Black folk need to chill on sucking it off. They pretty much shyt on American Blacks, really non-Wakanda blacks in general. They did Erik Killmonger DIRTY! They made him a madman to avoid having a real discussion on what he was proposing.:snoop:
I don't know if that's what happened and people excuse me if I'm late here. I don't be on here like I used to. But Killmonger was cast in a sympathetic shade IMO. He was given a backstory and a justification. And the ending showed a middleground. It was even said that Wakanda had created him through negligence. I don't think African-Americans were shyt on. I think it showed the Wakandan indifference and then the result of that indifference. Killmonger caused them to re-engage with the world. He was useful.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know if that's what happened and people excuse me if I'm late here. I don't be on here like I used to. But Killmonger was cast in a sympathetic shade IMO. He was given a backstory and a justification. And the ending showed a middleground. It was even said that Wakanda had created him through negligence. I don't think African-Americans were shyt on. I think it showed the Wakandan indifference and then the result of that indifference. Killmonger caused them to re-engage with the world. He was useful.

It’s also the magneto professor x thing. Magneto’s views are never shown to be completely wrong. His methods are questioned but it’s never ever been shown to be wrong. He has his philosophy and his way of going about it. T’Challa has his. Like you said he was presented very sympathetically and made salient points.

But it’s the coli, you expect shyt like that

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this nikka posting like a lipstick alley member:hhh:

Trillmonger ain't with that "Stone Cold Gentlemen" shyt it is what it is get out of line man, woman, or child and Tillmonger will straighten that ass with the quickness equal opportunity head busa

i thought you of all people on the message board would be all for gender equality:mjgrin:

Erik might even need a ancestry DNA test and see if he ain't truly part of the Jabari tribe the way he was Gorilla Pimpin on bytches in this movie
:mjlol:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
this nikka posting like a lipstick alley member:hhh:

Trillmonger ain't with that "Stone Cold Gentlemen" shyt it is what it is get out of line man, woman, or child and Tillmonger will straighten that ass with the quckness equal opportunity head busa

i thought you of all people on the message board would be all for gender equality:mjgrin:

Erik might even need a ancestry DNA test and see if he ain't truly part of the Jabari tribe the way he was Gorilla Pimpin on bytches in this movie
:mjlol:

I got standards breh :manny:

He can save the beat Debra shyt:russ: