Official Black Lightning Season 3 Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The soundtrack for season 3 is :blessed:

More and more shots of Anissa cakes this season :whoo:

she so damn fine. shyt.

Just finished Season 3. Won't get caught next season being behind like I was this season ever again.

Now I gotta catch up on Flash (already watch the Crisis eps of the shows).

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man they shouldn't have even tried to tie this into the rest of the Arrowverse in they were just gonna half ass it. Because the crisis related episode has continuity issues with the rest of the Arrowverse.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:wow: just finished the shyt. Great season!

• Anissa fine than a mufukka! :banderas: I think the showrunners know it too bc they have her wearing wild spandex and plunging neckline shyt.
  • Jennifer had a weird season IMO. Feels like they dumbed down her abilities for an overwhelming majority of the show. Youngin could fly to space and absorb energu, but got duck flipped by Wayne Brady.
  • BL had a typical season. Weird how he started out looking homeless in the Pit w no cut or shape up, but the nikka Devontae (fat youngin w Lala) had the crisp line lol
  • Lynne was a full-blown junkie :wow: . She was buggin out in the lab like Pookie from New Jack City. She fine, but hard to like as a character
Loved this season. My guy Wayne Brady came through with a great performance. Jill Scott returned, titties out for every scene. Love it. Hopefully she returns next season, seeing the local shyt play out will be a good change of pace, especially with her and Lala.

On another note, the woman in black that worked the door at the brothel? :banderas: There was a strong number of fly joints on the show. Either way, looking forward to next season

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Aye to talk that have read the comics, does Painkiller have a big role in them? Low key a spin-off of his would be dope as fukk. Does his role grow in the comics and does he appear in any other comics on some crossover shyt?

Dunno.

everytime that nikka die, he come back though. I'd make that shyt a running gag on the show:skip:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
ghetto glow worm :deadrose:
neon negro :dead:
his wife looking like pookie from new jack :mjlol:
these nikkas playing fela kuti during a fight scene :dj2: they got hands down the best music during action scenes of any show, some of the best music period actually
you black women, always so tricky :birdman: ...you thick lipped b*stard :laff: son they be goin off with these insults
wayne brady :gladbron: going in on obama and mlk :wow:
the whole scene with mark jackson askin BL to take him outta there and BL sayin i cant you got a whole in your chest and i cant feel my legs im sorry it reminded me straight of major payne :mjlol:

damn the wife still on that shyt at the end :dead:
ending felt rushed, solid season tho

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Just caught up with this season on Netflix. It was a good season. But, first things first, most important acknowledgment of all----Nessa :ohlawd:. Should be a crime to be that fine.

They better not ever let BL go that long again without a pair of blades touching that line :scust:

Kinda salty Lala went from having like a higher purpose or mission back to his regular 1 Hunnid gang duties (besides tryna pop Tobias).

Khalil's character was hit or miss all season but when he hit Odell wit the :ufdup: at the end in the back seat? It was all worth it.

Can't believe Momma Lightning going out like Wanda from Snowfall :mjcry:

I'm kind of glad ole girl fell into a come. Got tired of her whining and changing into old men, lil girls, and tigers and shyt.

Smh. They ain't have to do da boy Henderson like that. Like this nicca BL and Thunder couldnt have put up a force field or some shyt like usual :comeon:

I hope they never get rid of Gambi.

Feel like they should have made the Lynn rescue the finale then paced that Gravedigger finally coming to Freeland shyt a little better. And what the fukk was with Lynn walking out with all 3 hereoes? :mjlol: nikkas already starting to guess and surmise who BL is since he keep showing up to save his girls and shyt. Think the rest of the world aint gon put 2 and 2 together seeing some shyt like that? :russ:

And soundtrack always been nice but got damn they was showing out this season :blessed:

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Caching up now, haven’t watched since season early season 2, static shock show up yet :unimpressed:?

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Just binged S2 & S3 through the week. The writing, esp S3, is the best by far in the tv superhero genre.

They cover the themes of time travel, mental illness/anxiety, racism, government psy ops amongst others so seamlessly with three dimensional, fully fleshed out protagonists & antagonists.

The many twists that occur half way through S3 & how character arcs consequently develop caught me off guard, the writers showed the fukk out.

All this with a 90% black cast & a top tier soundtrack (Cry Together!, A Place In The Sun! etc )

S3 is S tier sci fi and you don’t expect that level of quality from CW. Plus with the loose threads there’s much more to explore in S4 and beyond. GOAT superhero show, no debating.

Last edited: