Official Black Lightning Season 3 Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I have heard Black Lightning is the most watched show on the CW right now (don't know if it only includes shows showing new eps right now) so they might be bigger than Flash at the current moment.
This is a double edge sword. On one hand, I'm super happy that such an unapologetically Black show is getting viewers and ratings. On the other hand, the bigger BL gets, the more likely it is to get tampered with by the CW higher ups. I really hope that they don't sanitize the show and strip it of all of its soul.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
True indeed. Not only is this show Black Excellence, but it's family friendly. That's dope, especially with the kind of negative light that they usually shine on us.
Yea, my daughter loves it and she is 11, she's not really into the hood shyt yet but she is growing up around it and I can tell she respects that side of the show. Low key it's what separates it from other similar shows, black culture is all over this show and they give zero fukks about pushing it into the viewers faces. I love it.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Yea, my daughter loves it and she is 11, she's not really into the hood shyt yet but she is growing up around it and I can tell she respects that side of the show. Low key it's what separates it from other similar shows, black culture is all over this show and they give zero fukks about pushing it into the viewers faces. I love it.
You're right, Breh. I love the fact that little Black boys and girls have positive role models on tv.
When I was growing up, Black superheroes weren't on tv, and always played the sidekick role.
Also, like you said, they talk about real Black issues on this show (racism, health, politics, culture, etc.). They keep it 100 on every episode.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
- damn wayne brady is actually killing it as a villain :salute:
- gravedigger even got the asa and odell :whoa:
- crackhead lynn telling pierce that gravedigger was his unc was a very crackish thing to do:wtf:
She need to be finding a weakness in his genome, not running an ancestry.com kit :gucci:
- the way annissa and grace were looking in bed :whew::noah: Wish This show was on starz sometimes :takedat:
- im surprised lady eve let lala punk her like that. Thought she was gonna spit that shyt at him and leave him speaking in tongues again:lawd:
- baby girl really thought she was going to:cape:trying to fight gravedigger solo:dahell:
- they might need to hit up braxton to see if he could steal some of his powers :lupe:

full