Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
My only problem with the show at this point, albeit a potentially major one. Black superheroes are always tryna stop basic ass crime and Black villains never have truly villainous aspirations. I'ma need one of these nikkas to try to destroy the city or disrupt the timeline or find immortality or some shyt :francis:
I feel you, I fw this show but I see where you're coming from. Hopefully they expand beyond that.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Man, I'm sorry. I thought I was finally getting the live-action Static Shock we deserve. This is corny and heavy-handed with its message mongering. My man gets yanked out his car in the rain and thrown across the hood and in the process complains about it being the "third time this month" :mjlol:.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I'm sorry. I thought I was finally getting the live-action Static Shock we deserve. This is corny and heavy-handed with its message mongering. My man gets yanked out his car in the rain and thrown across the hood and in the process complains about it being the "third time this month" :mjlol:.

:what:

If the social commentary in the show bothers you, why in the hell would you want a Live action Static Shock? The Static comic and cartoon had just as much social commentary in it.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Static BEING a teen who directly deals with gang activity is the gateway to this show if he's ever introduced:dahell:His brother and his bully both have crews:dahell:Plus BL actually mentors Static:dahell:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
:what:

If the social commentary in the show bothers you, why in the hell would you want a Live action Static Shock? The Static comic and cartoon had just as much social commentary in it.
Static BEING a teen who directly deals with gang activity is the gateway to this show if he's ever introduced:dahell:His brother and his bully both have crews:dahell:Plus BL actually mentors Static:dahell:
Some people just ain't here for black issues :francis:

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
As much as I want another Static show, BL deserves it more. He was the first and he'd been pushed to the side for way too long.