Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The story looks interesting but they need to tone down the suit... it needs a redesign... keep it basic, but I get where it's coming from because BL is an inventor as well. the suit might channel his powers, force fields shyt like that. Maybe it will grow on me, this wasnt a bad trailer.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also that Static Virgil Hawkins cameo is imminent when he flies on the screen gonna be...:banderas:

DC doesn't own Static, that's a common mistake people make.

In order for them to do anything with Static they have to get permission from Milestone. Milestone owns ALL the rights to their characters. That's why DC hardly every does anything with them, because they don't want to pay for any of them. Only reason we saw Static in the DCAU is because Dwayne McDuffie was real cool with the people at DC animation.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dunno fam. Think he's being held. Either a solo or part of the Titans series on that streaming service if I were a betting man.

Like I said, it's unlikely DC is going to use Static because they'd have to get permission from Milestone and would have to pay those guys to use Static.

Milestone 2.0 is still in the works and they mentioned a long time ago they had their own plans for a live action Static show.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
DC doesn't own Static, that's a common mistake people make.

In order for them to do anything with Static they have to get permission from Milestone. Milestone owns ALL the rights to their characters. That's why DC hardly every does anything with them, because they don't want to pay for any of them. Only reason we saw Static in the DCAU is because Dwayne McDuffie was real cool with the people at DC animation.

Wait, Milestone comics wasnt Absorbed by DC?!!? :wtf: I couldve sworn they brought them and their properties out?! :ohhh:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Wait, Milestone comics wasnt Absorbed by DC?!!? :wtf: I couldve sworn they brought them and their properties out?! :ohhh:
The actual publishing company yes but creators still hold the rights. Milestone got about minute of mainstream dcu shine before flashpoint

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nope, they've always been an independently owned company. They just have a good relationship with DC. DC publishes and distributes the Milestone comics, but they could take their characters to any company they want.

If they decided they wanted to take the Milestone characters to Marvel, Image, or even Valiant they could.

Before he died Dwayne was working with DC and he had publicly complained that he felt he wasted money on lawyers trying to work out a new deal with DC only for them only show interest in Static and let the other characters fall to the wayside. Part of why that last Static series flopped and was canceled was because DC started making changes to the characters without permission from anybody at Milestone.

They supposedly worked out a new publishing deal with DC sometime last year, but nothing has come of it.

*edit*

This is from 2015
DC ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES THE RETURN OF THE MILESTONE UNIVERSE WITH THE CREATION OF ALL-NEW ‘EARTH-M’

This feels like what happened last time. DC announced they were going to publish some Milestone stuff and then we don't see or hear anything for nearly 3 years because of a bunch of legal red tape.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The actual publishing company yes but creators still hold the rights. Milestone got about minute of mainstream dcu shine before flashpoint

Nope, they've always been an independently owned company. They just have a good relationship with DC. DC publishes and distributes the Milestone comics, but they could take their characters to any company they want.

If they decided they wanted to take the Milestone characters to Marvel, Image, or even Valiant they could.

Before he died Dwayne was working with DC and he had publicly complained that he felt he wasted money on lawyers trying to work out a new deal with DC only for them only show interest in Static and let the other characters fall to the wayside. Part of why that last Static series flopped and was canceled was because DC started making changes to the characters without permission from anybody at Milestone.

They supposedly worked out a new publishing deal with DC sometime last year, but nothing has come of it.

*edit*

This is from 2015
DC ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES THE RETURN OF THE MILESTONE UNIVERSE WITH THE CREATION OF ALL-NEW ‘EARTH-M’

This feels like what happened last time. DC announced they were going to publish some Milestone stuff and then we don't see or hear anything for nearly 3 years because of a bunch of legal red tape.

Good shyt...:wow: If the creators of Milestone had the funds they can build their own comic universe with a ton of black superheroes... WATTBA:blessed:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Supergirl tried to be independent but needed that Flash stimulus package to get a little boost :pachaha:

But maybe this could be different cuz the trailer does look cool as hell.

Supergirl started out on a different network, shows on CBS have to bring in higher ratings than the ones on CW.

I can see them keeping this totally separate from the Arrowverse if only because this show looks like it'll deal with racism and some other heavy topics and the Arrowverse largely ignores that sort of thing.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good shyt...:wow: If the creators of Milestone had the funds they can build their own comic universe with a ton of black superheroes... WATTBA:blessed:

That's essentially what they did. Dakota Universe was an entirely different universe from the DC universe until around 2007. They didn't just have black characters either, they had a lineup of characters that was more diverse than even the shyt we see today from publishers.

Before they announced the new publishing deal with DC I was hoping they were going to take the Dakota Universe to Image.

Priest has already said he's been in contact with the other founders about putting some stuff together. We'll see though, because nothing official has come out about Milestone 2.0 in a minute.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Looks interesting ... like a luke cage with different powers .. (that's not a DC vs Marvel) just saying the war on gangs is a similar tone

I liked the Bruce name drop ...

"Bruce doesn't have kids" .... guess she doesn't know about Damien