Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I just saw this trailer yesterday. Am I the only one who feels like we're in for a bait and switch? Like they made sure to show the daughter will develop powers, narrated half the trailer too. I feel like this dude gonna die or this show is mostly gonna be about the daughter, I just find it hard to believe they're making a show about a black superhero in his late 40's-50's on CW.

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I just saw this trailer yesterday. Am I the only one who feels like we're in or a bait and switch? Like they made sure to show the daughter will develop powers, narrated half the trailer too. I feel like this dude gonna die or this show is mostly gonna be about the daughter, I just find it hard to believe they're making a show about a black superhero in his late 40's-50's.
He's not gonna die but yeah I'd bet on the show focusing more on his daughters

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
000259168hr.jpg

That is clearly Barry's lab :pachaha:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
000259168hr.jpg

That is clearly Barry's lab :pachaha:

I meant to peep the interview he did since its on their site but I think I'll wait for the actual issue to drop tomorrow. And yeah :russ: clearly Barry's lab. But I said it before and I'll say it again: Props to Scooter for getting his man. :salute: Came a long long long way since Living Single

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black-lightning-tobias1.jpg

The CW has found its key villain for its upcoming DC Comics drama Black Lightning.

Rapper Marvin "Krondon" Jones III has boarded the midseason drama as a series regular and will take on the role of key villain Tobias Whale.

From exec producers Salim and Mara Brock Akil, the series stars Cress Williams (Hart of Dixie) as retired superhero Jefferson Pierce — aka Black Lightning — a former superhero who hung up his suit and secret identity. However, he is pulled back into the fight when one daughter becomes hell-bent on justice and the other, a star student, is recruited by a local gang.

Tobias Whale is described as an African-American man with albinism who is the leader of Freeland's most feared gang — The 100. But in the days before Black Lightning, Tobias was a politician, rising up the ranks of local government through corrupt and illegal means. That was until he was brought down by Alvin Pierce, Jefferson’s father. Enraged, Tobias killed Alvin and was driven underground into exile. It's here he found a place to rebuild, growing into the violent and methodical leader of The 100 as viewers find him today. But Black Lightning's recent return has ignited Tobias' desire to emerge from the shadows and face his biggest adversary, Jefferson Pierce aka Black Lightning.

Jones, who is also albinistic, is best known as hip-hop rapper Krondon, the frontman of Strong Arm Steady. He has written for artists such as Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre and Xzibit and recently released his debut album, Everything's Nothing. He's repped by Don Buchwald and Associates.

"I was excited about Krondon when I saw his audition. He's going to make a great Tobias. His authentic street sensibility along with an insightful intelligence is perfect for the Tobias character arc," showrunner Salim Akil said. "Not to mention his regal physical bearing will be additive to making our show exciting and different."

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Supposed to be rumored to be doing a album with Alchemist.

:ohhh: you bullshytting.... but yeah Krondon legit... his work with Strong Arm Steady is stellar. :banderas: Glad to see breh getting work... hope he shines and steals the show...

He's also responsible for this 2001 underground classic

Last edited:

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: you bullshytting.... but yeah Krondon legit... his work with Strong Arm Steady is stellar. :banderas: Glad to see breh getting work... hope he shines and steals the show...

He's also responsible for this 2001 underground classic

I know it rumored I don't think it a collabo album like mc eiiht x premo. I read it on a blogspot awhile back I slipped up on.

He is working on that album Evidence is involved.