Official BIG3 League Season 2 Thread

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
It's just not the same draw. Look at the summer league games attendance or the Pro-Am league attendance. Those have same young prospects you're speaking of. The Pro-Am have high school & college stars with professional players. Their games barely draw a couple of hundred. This league is built upon some great players as the draw. Originally they used AI as the main attraction and legendary coaches. They then realized that there is a true product and they don't even have AI anymore.
big3 has cube & major corporate promotion behind it

if all the summer.leagues & pro.ams had the same they'd be packed

look at the ones that are known to attract stars & are sponsored by big brands those joints be standing room only you can't even get in

Definitely in a full court setting they’d be food, but I think you’re underestimating how well these OGs would compete against young players coming out of college in a half court game like this.

freeze old man with one jab.step or hesi then torch him with the first step if someone dares to jump at the rim put them on a poster

i mean just look at what nate is doing & he's half washed but has more left than his opps so he's giving them hell

i just would like to see the most entertaining product possible former pros are cool if they prove they can out play the competition

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
big3 has cube & major corporate promotion behind it

if all the summer.leagues & pro.ams had the same they'd be packed

look at the ones that are known to attract stars & are sponsored by big brands those joints be standing room only you can't even get in

freeze old man with one jab.step or hesi then torch him with the first step if someone dares to jump at the rim put them on a poster

i mean just look at what nate is doing & he's half washed but has more left than his opps so he's giving them hell

i just would like to see the most entertaining product possible former pros are cool if they prove they can out play the competition

It's not for that demographic...

Big 3 is equivalent to old timers day...

The old heads come and bring the family to watch these nikkas play...

There is enough space in the marketplace for that demographic to have something just for them..

I don't expect them to be like they were in their prime, but for what it's worth it's a good product..

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
It's not for that demographic...

Big 3 is equivalent to old timers day...

The old heads come and bring the family to watch these nikkas play...

There is enough space in the marketplace for that demographic to have something just for them..

I don't expect them to be like they were in their prime, but for what it's worth it's a good product..
:hubie: y'all fighting hard for these washed muddasuckas i say hang em on the clothesline it's over

but whatever

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
these names are not drawing

like i said at this point they should go for the cats who are still local superstars name still ringing on campus

tap into the grassroots & college hoops supporters

the og's are welcome if they can outplay the young dawgs but i guarantee you at this point 99.9% of those cats is food to a younger killer easy

ESPN & THE NCAA had a 3 on 3 tournament in march consisting of seniors from each conference, and yet, it felt like I was the only one watching.

as for the OGs compared to the youngns, halfcourt basketball actually caters towards the oldheads.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
name value, nostalgia, intensity, physicality, and its an all-around spectacle.

plus some of these guys can still go but just cant hold up thru the duration of an entire season
i would like to see some more electricity

nate half.washed & he's lighting it up

youth is a valuable asset they are severely lacking

:yeshrug:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
i would like to see some more electricity

nate half.washed & he's lighting it up

youth is a valuable asset they are severely lacking

I mean, it'll be dope to see more recent NBA names, but nobody is tuning in to see a bunch of locals.

I actually have ideas for a full-court league with young unheralded talents & AWOL NBA players. but the big 3 aint it. this league is fine the way it is.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
I mean, it'll be dope to see more recent NBA names, but nobody is tuning in to see a bunch of locals.

I actually have ideas for a full-court league with young unheralded talents & AWOL NBA players. but the big 3 aint it. this league is fine the way it is.
folks will show up regardless of the names

i don't understand why folks are against better basketball on the court

like i keep saying if the og's can still cut it let them prove it but tap into all the available talent don't just limit yourself to various degrees of washed hoopers

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
th

like i keep saying if the og's can still cut it let them prove it but tap into all the available talent don't just limit yourself to various degrees of washed hoopers

they have a draft & a combine.

theyre not limiting themselves

Xavier silas got an nba contract after he showed out in the big 3 last year.
like half of Iverson's team last year was dudes I ever heard of, and he wanted them to get nba deals, specifically andre owens.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
th

they have a draft & a combine.

theyre not limiting themselves

Xavier silas got an nba contract after he showed out in the big 3 last year.
like half of Iverson's team last year was dudes I ever heard of, and he wanted them to get nba deals, specifically andre owens.
i see washed.hoopers ready for the clothesline

it's the summer there's gangs of young nikkas with no contract that would come through for a check

they need to get some real scouts out there looking for talent

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

But you have to realize, there isn't much of a market for basketball without the names/nostalgia. Most of these guys aer my age (mid-to-late 30s) so they can still go. People don't go to Pro-Ams, the summer leagues, even summer AA, celebrity games, and no one watches FIBA. Hell, people are barely tuning into the D-League. USBL failed, and the last thing people were into like that were Rock n Jock and they doomed that.

3-on-3 and 2-on-2 will always have a market, and add some mid-tier stars, with fan favorites and you have a product. There's very few ways you can present a bunch of people no one ever heard of for a sustainable product.