Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
This is the most stable presidential election since 1996. Biden is going to win by around 8% (easy EC victory as well).

The only thing that can save Trump at this point is either a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) scandal against Biden in the next 2 months which is unlikely or Trump & DeJoy's sabotaging of the USPS working - which many Dem voters are aware of.

Unfortunately, for ratings, the media is obviously going to continue to portray this election as a "close horse race".
This is where I stand as well.

And here's something that nobody is talking about. Historically, the presidential vote has very closely mirrored the congressional generic ballot. And that congressional generic ballot hasn't changed hardly at all this year--it shows Democrats up 7-9 points.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
What is Michigan and Ohio looking like? I heard Michael Moore saying Biden is losing Michigan. If Michigan fukks this up again, we need to let all those damn auto companies fall

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
What is Michigan and Ohio looking like? I heard Michael Moore saying Biden is losing Michigan. If Michigan fukks this up again, we need to let all those damn auto companies fall

MI is safer.

Ohio though, I'm not this optimistic bout after Trump won it by 8 in 16 and not much positive demographix since: Ohio President: general election Polls - if they stay close on good internal polls Biden/Harris can spend money there down the stretch, but they can't depend on it for 270

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Trump getting damn near 40% of Hispanics. :unimpressed:

Future of the Republican Party.

This is the main reason why I have a :unimpressed: response whenever I read anything saying the GOP is doomed because of demographics and the US becoming a "majority-minority" country.

IMO, the number of Hispanics that identify as white explains some of this. The assumption baked into that prediction is that the definition of who's considered "white" doesn't shift over time. Instead, it looks like the same old story of people migrating to the US being met with nativist hostility, but slowly integrating and becoming "white" over time is playing out again.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I called this days ago. "Law and order" can work as an attack, but the problem for Trump is that he is president. If the country is indeed becoming a lawless, violent hell hole it is happening on his watch. Claiming that current America is what you're gonna get if Biden becomes president is perhaps the weirdest, dumbest attacks in recent memory. Now if Obama were president, all this was happening, and Trump+Biden were running to replace him...then yes, the attack would make sense because you could say "the guy in office can't control the riots, and his VP will only be worse." But Trump is president! This is his America lol.

Meanwhile COVID is kind of moving a bit in the background but you know it's going to pop up again. We're seeing another cluster of cases right now. It's happening in states like SD and Iowa with smaller populations so the numbers aren't crazy, but what's to stop bigger states from exploding again now that college kids are back in town.

Trump needs something else to turn this race around. He can't wait until October to unleash whatever dirt he has on Biden.