Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This is the biggest point to me. Trump is down significantly and there's not much time left. He could come back but every day that passes from here on out makes its more and more difficult to recover.

We have the first high quality live caller poll in a while from Ann Selzer, a national poll with Democrats +8 (49%-41%) done right after the Republican national convention ended, which should put all discussions of a tightening on ice for a while. The poll, a Likely Voter screen poll with a whiter electorate in 2020 than 2016, shows Joe Biden firmly ahead, and without any crosstab based landmines on his way to winning the White House.

Let’s start with the race data, where Joe Biden is only losing whites by 3% on route to this D+8 result. It is the second poll this week to show this kind of white support, and unlike AtlasIntel, they don’t have Trump winning 29% of Blacks and 41% of Hispanics. For Democrats worried about the fact that there is 10% not going to either Biden or Trump, fret not: 7% of whites are not voting for either major party candidate, whereas 13% of non-whites are, meaning that any expected split of undecideds should break to Biden, and any notion of a shy Trump voter should be tossed out the window.

Dig into the possible sources of polling error, and it doesn’t exist. Some pollsters are getting samples that are more diverse since 2016, and run some risk of getting a sample low on non-degree whites – but here, only 25% of the sample is non-white, as opposed to 26% in 2016. They’re not missing white voters, and their education splits for white voters (after some analysis, given what was released in the press release didn’t explicitly say it) looks quite like what the NYT/Siena had the last time they polled. And, for any claim that may arise, this poll was low on Biden in March – they only had a 4% lead when others flirted with the high single digits.

Suffolk is also out with a national poll, D+7 (50%-43%) – and both pollsters polled right after the RNC. The chances are that these numbers are artificially good for Trump, if anything, and given he’s losing badly, that’s a horrible sign for him. Could he come back? I mean, I guess anything is possible, but he is running out of time and of potential reasons he would come back. It was supposed to be the Conventions, but at this point he either got a convention bump – which means this D+8 is really a D+10 with the bump taken out – or he never got one at all, which would mean that even four nights of free airtime can’t save him. I’m not sure if either is preferable for the President, but both are horrible for him.

Nothing as of right now suggests that the result of the November election will be anything but a blowout for the former Vice President. Trump needs to shake up this race to get rid of that fundamental truth. His convention failed to do it, his law and order attacks have failed to do it, and he has lost five and a half months now in his quest to turn this ship around. Refusing to live in that reality isn’t smart punditry, it is denial of facts, and as day follows night, Donald Trump is on track to be the first one-term President of my life. After all, he’s running out of time to stop it.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Biden is targeting seniors and the villages in florida with a new ad. This ad will be playing statewide in florida.

This one played in Tampa and Orlando earlier this month.

again I'm astonished @ how at least in some polls cac seniors at this point show stronger support for Biden than cac mid-aged :dwillhuh:

Gen X wypipo still thinkin like this - FOH

alxktnfmlyts-530x400.jpg

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Trump doesn't care what these polls say. They can show Biden leading all they want. Trump has the entire government minus the house and intelligence agencies working for his reelection. He's got Dejoy destroying the post office, Barr running the DOJ, and the Senate, SCOTUS and Republican states suppressing the vote. All it has to do is be close and he'll take it to the courts to win reelection or have Barr find voter fraud

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
every so often I go back and look at 2016 data.

I don't remember FL being this close - but it was. As frustrating a state as it is, this gets me excited - cos without the Sunshine State Trump is OVER :lolbron:

and with Gov DeSatan fukking up bigtime on the pandemic and unemployment and much else...

Florida Election Results 2016

Donald J. Trump Republican 4,617,886 48.6% 29

Hillary Clinton Democrat 4,504,975 47.4

Gary Johnson Libertarian 207,043 2.2

Others Independent 81,731 0.9

Others 89,982 0.9

100% reporting (6,027 of 6,027 precincts)

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
This is the biggest point to me. Trump is down significantly and there's not much time left. He could come back but every day that passes from here on out makes its more and more difficult to recover.
Feel like I've been saying this for months. There just aren't a lot of touchdowns for him to get back into the game.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

maybe the whole blaming joe biden for violence that’s happening under your presidency thing isn’t the most convincing strategy

Yep, the riots & chaos during 1968 didn't help LBJ's VP Hubert Humphrey. Humphrey narrowly lost to Nixon largely due to the chaos that had taken place throughout that year (though Nixon also committed secret treason).

The LA riots in 1992 didn't help President Bush 41 either. He lost LA County, California as a whole & the election.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Feel like I've been saying this for months. There just aren't a lot of touchdowns for him to get back into the game.
Yeah, he's going to ratchet things up. Looks like Monmouth has him back in the game in PA now though. Not unexpected but Biden still going to have to fight in the upper Midwest. :francis: