Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Bill Clinton should not be there. That’s the only real objection I have with anyone on this lineup.

Not a fan of Kasich, but I understand the political calculation.

Bill Clinton should be phased out of public Democratic Party politics. His presidency aged like shyt, young people hate him and he has credible rape and pedo allegations. Not a good look to have him on stage. He is a net negative at this point.
Absolute joke that he's still given such prominent space in the party. Shameful shyt. Boomers still have such reverent nostalgia for this guy. :scust:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Does Biden plan on taking questions from media any time soon? When we get inside that 75 day range I think the expectations of him as a candidate are gonna have to increase no? Isn't he going to have to answer direct questions on his VP pick, his plan for America etc. Don't want another repeat of '16 when Hillary seemingly disappeared.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Justin Fields created a petition on moveon for BIG10 football. I think Joe/Kamala can't afford to let Trump jump in and seize on this. They should issue a statement "If all protocols have been met regarding safety, I'll sign the petition supporting big10 football." If Trump comes out and signs this first he will take a large chunk of the midwest.

His petition:
We, the football players of the Big Ten, together with the fans and supporters of college football, request that the Big Ten Conference immediately reinstate the 2020 football season. Allow Big Ten players/teams to make their own choice as to whether they wish to play or opt out this fall season. Allow Big Ten players/teams who choose to opt out of playing a fall season to do so without penalty or repercussion.
We want to play, we believe that safety protocols have been established and can be maintained to mitigate concerns of exposure to Covid 19. We believe that we should have the right to make decisions about what’s best for our health and our future. Don’t let our hard work and sacrifice be in vain. #LetUsPlay!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Justin Fields created a petition on moveon for BIG10 football. I think Joe/Kamala can't afford to let Trump jump in and seize on this. They should issue a statement "If all protocols have been met regarding safety, I'll sign the petition supporting big10 football." If Trump comes out and signs this first he will take a large chunk of the midwest.

His petition:
That’s all well and fine but school presidents aren’t taking the risk. Trump signing that is pretty empty.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That’s all well and fine but school presidents aren’t taking the risk. Trump signing that is pretty empty.
It's all about symbolism though right. If it doesn't matter in the end, Dems might as well sign it to show support. This could be a big moment. He's probably the most popular player in college football.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

His petition:

i think that ship has sailed. Dems have already dug their feet in as being extremely cautious about the virus they can’t change course now

plus I think where politics is in 2020 it’s so divisive that you can’t outwardly agree with something the other side or candidate agrees with or your party gets upset.

Trump would then use it against them saying why are you making people lose their small businesses and jobs with the shutdown but allowing college kids to play

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Damn she’s really older than Bush in 2000?

It really don’t.
Bush 43 was 54 on Inauguration Day 2001 (he turned 55 later that year). Kamala is currently 55 and turning 56 in October.

LBJ was 55 when he became president in 1963. FDR was 51 when he became president in 1933. Carter was 52 on Inauguration Day 1977 (would turn 53 later in the year)

Most presidents enter office in the 50-60 age range (55 being the median age range for US Presidents). Kamala would be in the same category if Biden is a 1-term president and she gets elected in 2024. She turns 60 in 2024 and would still be 60 on Inauguration Day 2025.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i think that ship has sailed. Dems have already dug their feet in as being extremely cautious about the virus they can’t change course now

plus I think where politics is in 2020 it’s so divisive that you can’t outwardly agree with something the other side or candidate agrees with or your party gets upset.

Trump would then use it against them saying why are you making people lose their small businesses and jobs with the shutdown but allowing college kids to play
I believe small businesses should open as long as they are following guidelines. There doesn't seem to be a plan to reopen. What are the guidelines for reopening? 14 days of decreasing?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm glad he's heading into the conventions with a lead but...it's time to switch things up. "Mask mandate" shouldn't be the only COVID policy this dude is running on. Yea I know he has a comprehensive plan on his website but it's time to get serious, speak specifics, and lead. Even if Kamala has to do it...someone has to be out there talking specifics on how a Biden administration would tackle the virus in its first 100 days in office. That should be the focus. Not just a government mandate on masks, at a time when most people are wearing them in public.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm glad he's heading into the conventions with a lead but...it's time to switch things up. "Mask mandate" shouldn't be the only COVID policy this dude is running on. Yea I know he has a comprehensive plan on his website but it's time to get serious, speak specifics, and lead. Even if Kamala has to do it...someone has to be out there talking specifics on how a Biden administration would tackle the virus in its first 100 days in office. That should be the focus. Not just a government mandate on masks, at a time when most people are wearing them in public.
I would imagine that’s coming during the acceptance speech and post.