Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I’m concerned on those swing states.

Any info of Harris hurt or helped?
Which swing states are you concerned about and why?

There's been no state or national polls since the announcement of Kamala as the VP so we don't really know yet. However, based on the fundraising totals, Kamala has given the Biden campaign a boost.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Which swing states are you concerned about and why?

There's been no state or national polls since the announcement of Kamala as the VP so we don't really know yet. However, based on the fundraising totals, Kamala has given the Biden campaign a boost.
The rust belt states and Florida.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The rust belt states and Florida.
Biden has been consistently leading in the polls in those Rust Belt states by decent margins (except in Florida obviously where he has lead by a slim margin in most polls).

Michigan is Likely Biden. Pennsylvania is Lean to Likely Biden. Wisconsin is Tilt to Lean Biden. Florida is a tossup to tilt Biden.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He has to be the GOAT conman. Even Bush reached a point when people were ready to throw him in the bushes. As much damage as he did, Trump eclipses him and yet Trump hovers around 40% approval rating.

Trump gets passes that no politician has ever enjoyed. It is mind boggling.

conservatives are afraid they're losing control, I'm all for making that fear a permanent reality

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I believe that Biden will win. However, it's an embarrassment that over 60 million Americans see all the craziness going on right now and the chaos of the past 3.5 years and yet will still vote for 4 more years of Trump.

Our mental health and educational systems need to have massive overhauls and massive investments into them :francis:.

It's the 2 party system breh, it's almost impossible for people to vote how they really feel once "their guy" is elected to their party. The 2 party system must go. There's no need in the digital age for big political parties. Print media, television media, webpages, social media, satellite radio are all good enough vehicles to have your voice heard, this isn't the 1920s where you had radio and newspaper.

Once I declare a party I automatically have 40 percent of the nation's support :dead:. If each person ran as independent, people would be more willing to entertain other ideas and hold politicians accountable. If Trump didn't have a R by his name he would have been run out of the country a long time ago.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Pollsters weighing by education is revealing. If Biden is only losing whites without a college degree by 15% like in the NPR/PBS Marist poll, then forget about it, the election is over. The 17% advantage with whites holding college degrees is about what Hillary got.

That poll also had Biden getting 48% of the white vote and only 80% of the black vote, so I doubt that'll be the case.

Pew's poll has Trump winning whites without a college degree by 30%. Double of NPR/PBS Marist poll. If that's the case, Biden is running 6% BETTER than Hillary Clinton did. Pew is also saying 64% of college educated whites is going for Biden which is bigger than Hillary.

Just to put these numbers in perspective from 2016:

An examination of the 2016 electorate, based on validated voters

Overall, whites with a four-year college degree or more education made up 30% of all validated voters. Among these voters, far more (55%) said they voted for Clinton than for Trump (38%). Among the much larger group of white voters who had not completed college (44% of all voters), Trump won by more than two-to-one (64% to 28%).