Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
okay, let's look at these keys objectively and see how many of these are false.....
  • Party Mandate - After the midterm elections, the incumbent party holds more seats in the U.S. House of Representatives than it did after the previous midterm elections.
    reps won 247 seats in 2014 and won 197 seats in 2018 (-50 seats) - rating: false

• Contest - There is no serious contest for the incumbent-party nomination.
    trump had very minor primary challenges that were squashed early on - rating: true

• Incumbency - The incumbent-party candidate is the sitting president.
    rating: true

• Third party - There is no significant third party or independent campaign.
    there are no serious third party challenges, unless you're counting kanye running... lol - rating: true

• Short-term economy - The economy is not in recession during the election campaign.
    we're definitely in a recession, no doubt... - rating: false

• Long-term economy - Real per-capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms.
    to be fair, i don't know enough about the economy to answer this, but i'd have a hard time believing this one is true... rating: false

• Policy change - The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy.
    other than a tax cut, i don't think trump has gotten any major legislative victories... - rating: false

• Social unrest - There is no sustained social unrest during the term.
    omg, the country is literally on fire right now... - rating: false

• Scandal - The incumbent administration is untainted by major scandal.
    what scandal is trump not involved in...? - rating: false

• Foreign/military failure - The incumbent administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs.
    i can't think of one... to trump's credit so far, no new wars.... - rating: true

• Foreign/military success - The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs.
    but trump hasn't had any major successes either, he's actually embarrassed and alienated us on the world stage... - rating: false

• Incumbent charisma - The incumbent-party candidate is charismatic or a national hero.
    i can't stand the ass wipe because he's a clown and we need a serious person as president, but *gags* he does have charisma... - rating: true

• Challenger charisma - The challenging-party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero.
    this one is hard for me to gauge.... i'm going to say biden is seen as charismatic and a national hero for being obama's #2... - rating: false
based on my assessment, i see 8 false keys and 5 true keys.... :ehh:

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I learned something new from Election Twitter today. This is a non-vote based forecasting model that has predicted every presidential winner since '88. :ehh:

Keys to the White House – PollyVote

These guys plugged the results into their model and yeah...

Would love that to happen. I just hope people don't see these predictions and get complacent.
Go out and vote!!!
Even if you're and a strong blue or red state go out and vote. I want this Orange fakkit to be crushed in the electoral college and popular vote by a Landslide. Make it an absolute embarrassment for anyone to ever associate with the Trump family again.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I thought about reading for obvious reasons, I also really like memoirs, especially of the extremely rarified circles on Manhattan, Beverly Hill, and so forth, but it's only 225 pages, the review I read was fair to good, didn't highlight much wrong or right with it, except her controlled delivery, empathy, and odd family details.