Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. Most republican voters support Trump and will want to MAGA in 2024 just watch. It’ll be Pence, Pompeo, or maybe Cruz. I don’t buy Cotton because he has no charisma.
the thing is, trump is a once in a lifetime anomaly :yeshrug: i dont even think there can be a "maga" again. and maga doesnt work as a loser. trump losing in november will force the party more moderate

pence, pompeo, cruz are all scumbags but they wont be sinking to the level of depravity that trump and his base did :dead:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
the thing is, trump is a once in a lifetime anomaly :yeshrug: i dont even think there can be a "maga" again. and maga doesnt work as a loser. trump losing in november will force the party more moderate

pence, pompeo, cruz are all scumbags but they wont be sinking to the level of depravity that trump and his base did :dead:

I agree with you halfway. Trump is a unique figure, and I would compare him to Obama in the sense that he changed politics and bases. The Obama base is still required to win democrat nominations, even though no candidate will truly be able to fully turn out the "Obama coalition" like he did. Likewise the Trump base will determine the republican nomination but no candidate will be able to fully turn out that coalition. In part because the next nom won't be Trump but also because that coalition has lost a LOT of support and will continue to dwindle over the next few years.

We aren't going back to Romney types winning the republican nomination IMO. If it wasn't for Trump, Ted Cruz probably would have won the nomination in 2016 using similar tactics. He was poised to win the south until Trump blew everything up. And in 2020, the racist white south will once again be where most of the early delegates are. Sure maybe a semi moderate wins Iowa's caucus, and NH...but after that? It'll be a far right candidate winning primaries while arguing we need to return to pre-COVID Trump America.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
w1znmh40bib51.jpg

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with you halfway. Trump is a unique figure, and I would compare him to Obama in the sense that he changed politics and bases. The Obama base is still required to win democrat nominations, even though no candidate will truly be able to fully turn out the "Obama coalition" like he did. Likewise the Trump base will determine the republican nomination but no candidate will be able to fully turn out that coalition. In part because the next nom won't be Trump but also because that coalition has lost a LOT of support and will continue to dwindle over the next few years.

We aren't going back to Romney types winning the republican nomination IMO. If it wasn't for Trump, Ted Cruz probably would have won the nomination in 2016 using similar tactics. He was poised to win the south until Trump blew everything up. And in 2020, the racist white south will once again be where most of the early delegates are. Sure maybe a semi moderate wins Iowa's caucus, and NH...but after that? It'll be a far right candidate winning primaries while arguing we need to return to pre-COVID Trump America.

Facts. The base will double and triple down again and again during the primaries.

It might take a few elections before they realize far right views are not a winning path going forward.

The last time they won the popular vote in almost thirty years was in 2004 and it took 9/11 and two wars. The electoral college has been saving GOP presidential candidates, but that advantage is going to end due to demographic changes in the South.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
trump might have really damaged this party for a decade :dead:

Think with the way things are going, the Republican party is going to split with "Republican Classic" (i.e. Romney, Hogan, Charlie Baker) aligning with the Lincoln Project to lead one party and the rest of the scumbags that are MAGA or bust being the "New Republican"

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Agreed. I’m sure some will try to return to normal. Maryland’s republican governor is talking about running in 2024 and he’s been torching Trump lately. But that shyt will not fly in the primaries. Most republican voters support Trump and will want to MAGA in 2024 just watch. It’ll be Pence, Pompeo, or maybe Cruz. I don’t buy Cotton because he has no charisma.

Tucker Carlson most likely. The right looooves him.

Uncle Phil 36

All Star
Daps
Tucker Carlson most likely. The right looooves him.

Read something where the premise was he wouldn’t want the trouble/“work”

I think it's one of those, "if he wants it, its his" kinda things. He might be content making millions and not want the stress like you said. Unless he wants to be remembered forever which Presidents are unlike TV hosts.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I think it's one of those, "if he wants it, its his" kinda things. He might be content making millions and not want the stress like you said. Unless he wants to be remembered forever which Presidents are unlike TV hosts.
Related if Trump starts his own network that could get interesting.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Facts. The base will double and triple down again and again during the primaries.

It might take a few elections before they realize far right views are not a winning path going forward.

The last time they won the popular vote in almost thirty years was in 2004 and it took 9/11 and two wars. The electoral college has been saving GOP presidential candidates, but that advantage is going to end due to demographic changes in the South.

If Kerry won 100,000 more votes in Ohio, Bush loses the electoral college while winning the popular vote.

And of course there was the fukkery with the voting machines.