Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I don’t know either but I mean in general, anything that makes voting convenient Republicans fight against.

The New York Times
·
In interviews with 2 dozen executives and employees at Facebook, Google and Twitter over the past few months, many described a tense atmosphere of careening from crisis to crisis to handle the newest tactics being used to sow discord and influence votes.

After spending billions to avoid a repeat of 2016, the tech giants are careening from crisis to crisis as their foes change tactics.

About this website

NYTIMES.COM

Facebook, Google and Twitter Struggle to Handle November’s Election

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Trump’s base is so cult like and so mindwarped, that we’re discussing a “close” race while the incumbent presides over the worst disaster and economic downturn in American history.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I don’t know if this is good or bad just because Hillary also had an early lead there in 2016.

On the other hand, that was an open, non-incumbent election. Trump losing as incumbent winner of that state is pretty bad.

Tony Evers has good favor ability as Governor there. It could help Joe in the general election.

F K

All Star
Daps
The only thing that concerns me is the enthusiasm gap. For most people (myself included) Joe was their second choice, hopefully that doesn't impact turnout because whatever the polls say, the margins will be tight

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
The only thing that concerns me is the enthusiasm gap. For most people (myself included) Joe was their second choice, hopefully that doesn't impact turnout because whatever the polls say, the margins will be tight
Last time I checked an unethused vote for Biden (eg Me) and an enthused vote for Biden (eg Warren Moon) count the same...

Enthusiasm is a terrible metric to go by, it says nothing about whether or not somebody plans on voting. There's connotation happiness or excitement with the word, which seems irrelevant to the current circumstance. Trump increases our collective anxiety and getting rid of him is a relief. Biden has routinely polled the best against Trump nationally and in battleground states, that's why he's done do well in these primaries and turned out new voters.

Biden is winning with prospective voters who dislike both him and Trump, which is a demo that Clinton lost in 2016. I think that's important. Moreover, simply asking people "if they intend to vote and for whom?" would yield useful data.