Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
I have my own personal views. I think the black family unit is represented when voting for black candidates. That will be a top 3 issue for me until I die.

Now I can also remove my own opinions from analyzing that there are others who think that way too.

Some black, some white.

Now the issue with “higher learning” ppl is y’all can’t separate your own personal feeling from evaluating her as a candidate for all.

you’re not evaluating entire populations to win at this point. It’s subsets of populations.

Trump and Biden will be fighting for middle class, blue collar workers in battleground states. White and black. Biden needs to try to increase black turnout, mainly black working class males in battleground states.

Kamala ain’t getting them folks if anything she’d losing them

You can hold whatever views you'd like, the election isn't going to be decided by who Biden picks for VP. Suburban voters/women love Harris anyway and that's the demo you need to render the GOP irrelevant. Schumer's view of the political map was proven to be correct in 2018.

The majority of working class people already vote for Democrats because the majority of them are minorities. I get that the media has focused on wwc, which makes up about 42% of the entire working class, but don't let that trick you into thinking this is a battle for the working class as a whole. Harris doesn't have Clinton's unfavorables and, again, she isn't going to win or lose the Democrats this election no matter how much you wish that were the case.

The bolded is a incredibly weak strawman. Harris was the candidate with the most criticism in HL before Buttigieg became a thing. There are only 3, maybe 4, posters on this forum who seem to like her. Just because the rest of us aren't crying about her white husband and understand lowest level of political mathematics doesn't mean we like her or want her to be anywhere near the presidency.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

i was reading a great article about this the other day. asians are a fast growing, wealthy, highly educated, pro-business demographic, exactly the type of voters the rethugs need to stay relevant. and trump is turning them away with his bullshyt :dead:

Asian-Americans turned away from the Republican Party long before Trump. The last Republican presidential candidate to win a majority/plurality of the Asian vote was Bob Dole in 1996. Dole got 48%, Bill Clinton 44%.

Every Democratic nominee since Gore in 2000 has gotten the majority of the Asian-American vote. Trump is just making EVEN MORE Asian-Americans be turned off by the GOP.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Been saying this but cats not trying to hear. The enthusiasm gap is there, Trump voters are way more excited about voting for Trump than Biden voters are voting for him. That's a problem. Hate for Trump doesn't necessarily mean support for Biden.

Biden is not running against Trump, he's running about turnout.

yep. biden has to convince quasi apathetic voters to show up for him...which includes not having major gaffes on the big stage. i expect the debates to have record viewership and he has to be solid. he really should be taking this "downtime" to prep for it..i dont care how far away it is. hes gotta be prepared for any and everything

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Been saying this but cats not trying to hear. The enthusiasm gap is there, Trump voters are way more excited about voting for Trump than Biden voters are voting for him. That's a problem. Hate for Trump doesn't necessarily mean support for Biden.

Not really. This election is a referendum of Trump. Also, there's a lot less people this year saying that they're not voting or voting 3rd party.

3rd party candidates are hardly going to be a factor this year like they were in 2016. Howie Hawkins & JoJo Jorgensen aren't getting more than 2% of the vote nationally (combined), if that at all :mjlol:.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Which poll is this, and what was Hillary's numbers compared to Biden's?
Trafalgar...republican bias but they got Michigan and PA right in 2016 (had Trump leading Hillary) and they also correctly predicted DeSantis and Rick Scott winning in 2018

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The Biden campaign should do a debate or two, if any at all. Debates don't turn elections, and Trump is clamoring for them, which should be the signal, to just avoid them or play them down, like his campaign did in 2016.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
The Biden campaign should do a debate or two, if any at all. Debates don't turn elections, and Trump is clamoring for them, which should be the signal, to just avoid them or play them down, like his campaign did in 2016.

hes gotta do at least one

people were saying for a while that they thought trump would duck them..now biden would duck them?

id be amused if they mutually agreed not to debate but would be simultaneously very disappointed

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they just agreed to 3 :yeshrug:

hes gotta do at least one

people were saying for a while that they thought trump would duck them..now biden would duck them?

id be amused if they mutually agreed not to debate but would be very disappointed
trump might p*ssy out. theres gonna be arguments over moderators

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

I guess you haven’t been paying attention to any elections since 2018...

fukk out of here with that concern trolling bullshyt

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
I guess you haven’t been paying attention to any elections since 2018...

fukk out of here with that concern trolling bullshyt
2018, Trump wasn't on the ballot. And Dems lost in 2010 congressional races as well, that's not an indicator of how the presidential election will go.

But, nah Biden's got this in the bag, we shouldn't be concerned at all. :bow: