Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
People aren’t talking about this enough. They are going to try and steal this shyt. GA and WI were test runs. 2020 might be the nail in the coffin of American democracy.
This part is terrifying and I can see it happening

Salon: During an interview several years ago, Donald Trump literally said that he wanted riots and social unrest, presumably as a way for him to take power and "make America great again." With the United States in a state of economic calamity, a pandemic and social unrest, is this an opportunity for Trump and his movement to advance their goals?

Greg Palast: These are politicians, along with the billionaires who back them, who thrive off chaos. That's how they make their money. It is also how they win their elections. It is the same process of chaos and mayhem. First of all they use the bogeyman of illegal voters, fraudulent voters, dead voters, foreign voters and double voters to create hysteria. It is a type of right-wing hysteria factory, the goal of which is to change voting requirements.

What I am very worried about is how Donald Trump and the Republicans could use the 12th Amendment to the Constitution to steal the 2020 election. We have had two presidential elections in the United States in which a candidate won both the popular vote and the Electoral College vote but did not become president.

The 12th Amendment states that if the Electoral College does not reach a majority, which is 270, the election then goes to the House of Representatives. How could that possibly happen with Trump and Biden in 2020? The answer is the rabidly right-wing legislatures in Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida say that there is so much voter fraud and that the mail-in ballots are not to be trusted. Trust me, those states are going to do things such as misprint ballots. Many "mistakes" are going to occur in those red states.

So the result could be that Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida do not certify their electors, and Biden has lost those three states' votes. There are still not enough votes for Trump, but Biden does not hit the 270 threshold in the Electoral College to be elected president.

The 2020 election now goes to the House of Representatives, where every state gets a single vote. New York, California and Illinois each get a vote. Wyoming, South Dakota and Oklahoma each get a vote. Who wins? Most state delegations are majority Republican, even though the Republicans don't control the House and have far fewer voters in America. But by the rules of the Constitution, Donald Trump could be re-elected even if he loses both the Electoral College and the popular vote.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
People aren’t talking about this enough. They are going to try and steal this shyt. GA and WI were test runs. 2020 might be the nail in the coffin of American democracy.
i agree that wisconsin is going to be an issue.... maybe not mi and pa so much, because dems are mostly in control in those states... but dems are not as much in control in wisconsin... i keep telling people, dems have to play this game like they are down by 15 points... it's not about who people want to win, it's about who wants to win the most... reps want to win and are willing to cheat to make it happen....

Uncle Phil 36

All Star
Daps
i agree that wisconsin is going to be an issue.... maybe not mi and pa so much, because dems are mostly in control in those states... but dems are not as much in control in wisconsin... i keep telling people, dems have to play this game like they are down by 15 points... it's not about who people want to win, it's about who wants to win the most... reps want to win and are willing to cheat to make it happen....

the only good thing about wisconsin is that we have a Dem governor

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
the only good thing about wisconsin is that we have a Dem governor
But that gerrymandered fukking GOP state legislature is a problem

It’s why I can’t take the Biden being tied in GA shid seriously too. FL will not be fair either

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
But that gerrymandered fukking GOP state legislature is a problem

It’s why I can’t take the Biden being tied in GA shid seriously too. FL will not be fair either

Still got NC, AZ, and Iowa. WI can pull through, as well as PA and MI rather easily.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This part is terrifying and I can see it happening

Salon: During an interview several years ago, Donald Trump literally said that he wanted riots and social unrest, presumably as a way for him to take power and "make America great again." With the United States in a state of economic calamity, a pandemic and social unrest, is this an opportunity for Trump and his movement to advance their goals?

Greg Palast: These are politicians, along with the billionaires who back them, who thrive off chaos. That's how they make their money. It is also how they win their elections. It is the same process of chaos and mayhem. First of all they use the bogeyman of illegal voters, fraudulent voters, dead voters, foreign voters and double voters to create hysteria. It is a type of right-wing hysteria factory, the goal of which is to change voting requirements.

What I am very worried about is how Donald Trump and the Republicans could use the 12th Amendment to the Constitution to steal the 2020 election. We have had two presidential elections in the United States in which a candidate won both the popular vote and the Electoral College vote but did not become president.

The 12th Amendment states that if the Electoral College does not reach a majority, which is 270, the election then goes to the House of Representatives. How could that possibly happen with Trump and Biden in 2020? The answer is the rabidly right-wing legislatures in Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida say that there is so much voter fraud and that the mail-in ballots are not to be trusted. Trust me, those states are going to do things such as misprint ballots. Many "mistakes" are going to occur in those red states.

So the result could be that Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida do not certify their electors, and Biden has lost those three states' votes. There are still not enough votes for Trump, but Biden does not hit the 270 threshold in the Electoral College to be elected president.

The 2020 election now goes to the House of Representatives, where every state gets a single vote. New York, California and Illinois each get a vote. Wyoming, South Dakota and Oklahoma each get a vote. Who wins? Most state delegations are majority Republican, even though the Republicans don't control the House and have far fewer voters in America. But by the rules of the Constitution, Donald Trump could be re-elected even if he loses both the Electoral College and the popular vote.
They really want to create civil war huh? :beli: People ain’t gon like this shyt and ain’t going to let it stand.