Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh:

no bullshyt

if Dems are smart, they'd stick to not running tickets that aren't all white

:patrice: but what do you think this means overall breh? is it truly white guilt?
I'd say you (not you personally) can't generalize it all. Some Whites genuinely want diversity.

Should the Dem Party just ride that white guilt to victories tho?

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
screen-shot-2020-11-07-at-8-44-23-pm-png.1715547

Only in America do people commit suicide or theeaten to leave over a candidate that will improve the economy

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
does the overwhelming majority of the money from every social program have to benefit white folks?

I said this will widen the wealth gap.

can you quote the part where I said I didn’t want white people to benefit? (Of course you can’t)
What are you even arguing. If I create a program where people at or below the poverty line receive a benefit, most of the people who qualify will be white. You do realize block people are less than 14% of the population right.

This is also a weird ass way to view policy. If the goal is to help as many black people as you can, why do you even care that struggling white people will receive help too. There is no way to directly target blacks people with economic help like that. Even ideas that would help bolster blacks, like targeting infrastructure in heavily black areas of inner cities (which was a focus of one of the first reparations ideas from the 20th century) would also help whites.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What are you even arguing. If I create a program where people at or below the poverty line receive a benefit, most of the people who qualify will be white. You do realize block people are less than 14% of the population right.

This is also a weird ass way to view policy. If the goal is to help as many black people as you can, why do you even care that struggling white people will receive help too. There is no way to directly target blacks people with economic help like that. Even ideas that would help bolster blacks, like targeting infrastructure in heavily black areas of inner cities (which was a focus of one of the first reparations ideas from the 20th century) would also help whites.

If the goal is to help as many blacks as possible then no one in their right mind would argue that 1.5 trillion dollars on loan forgiveness for people making up to 125k would be the best way to do it

Yes a poverty line program would benefit more whites, but not at nearly the same level.

Poverty line has a 1.75:1 ratio
Loan forgiveness has a 5:1 ratio

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If the goal is to help as many blacks as possible then no one in their right mind would argue that 1.5 trillion dollars on loan forgiveness for people making up to 125k would be the best way to do it

Yes a poverty line program would benefit more whites, but not at nearly the same level.

Poverty line has a 1.75:1 ratio
Loan forgiveness has a 5:1 ratio
Agreed. Not enough black people have federal loans for this to help most of the community. That being said...that doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea. It’s a great idea.

Things that help black people are largely things that help poor or working class people. Affordable healthcare. Affordable colleges. Allowing the post office to create credit unions in order to put pay day loan places out of business. Eliminating federal funding/support for private prisons. Making weed legal on a federal level and dropping all current+past charges from records.

All of that helps white people. But black people are disproportionately helped because those issues plague us more.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. Not enough black people have federal loans for this to help most of the community. That being said...that doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea. It’s a great idea.

Things that help black people are largely things that help poor or working class people. Affordable healthcare. Affordable colleges. Allowing the post office to create credit unions in order to put pay day loan places out of business. Eliminating federal funding/support for private prisons. Making weed legal on a federal level and dropping all current+past charges from records.

All of that helps white people. But black people are disproportionately helped because those issues plague us more.

The things that you listed are gonna help blacks way more disproportionately than loan forgiveness would. It is absolutely a bad idea from a wealth gap perspective (which is what I was talking about from the jump) so it wouldnt be my first choice on how to spend a trillion dollars.