Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
just strikes me as soft racism

Oh the police just need better education, training, wages and xyz doesn't cut it... yes it is part of the issue but it doesn't scratch the surface to rooting out racism and police brutality

I don't think the police shouldn't exist but their funding, militarization, and function needs to drastically change. The fact that the NYPD has a 6 billion dollar budget is completely unacceptable.

The criminal justice as whole needs a top down revamp.

I feel as though saying better define policing roles is a code for the police shouldn't be doing X Y and Z cause they shouldn't be doing those and funds should be diverted to those things

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Didn't he want to abolish ICE though? Which is basically the same thing as "defund the police". Are we fighting against injustice or how Trump will spin?
no ICE is a new agency that was created in the post-9/11 security rush (like DHS). these post-9/11 agencies are not effective, extremely prone to profiling and racism, and do not have equivalents in most developed countries.

also ICE is a federal agency which the President has a lot more control over than “the police” which exist at many local levels.

abolishing ICE would be a lot less complex and easier to accomplish at the executive level than defunding police throughout the country. i am not against defunding police but it should be the decision of local communities (like in Minneapolis)

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
dc5374552fcd3e852c1fd0496075aa50-1.png
ANTIFAAAA!

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
just strikes me as soft racism

Oh the police just need better education, training, wages and xyz doesn't cut it... yes it is part of the issue but it doesn't scratch the surface to rooting out racism and police brutality

I don't think the police shouldn't exist but their funding, militarization, and function needs to drastically change. The fact that the NYPD has a 6 billion dollar budget is completely unacceptable.

The criminal justice system as whole needs a top down revamp.
Reduce police spending/force by 50% would be a good place to start.