Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There's a transitional period but it seems like states are going to do some of the lifting for now like California eliminating gas vehicles within the next decade. There's the EV tax credits which should come in handy when these EVs are more affordable for the average family. Oil isn't going away tomorrow or in 5 years and I'm not sure it's been fully explained but the transition is happening and needs to happen regardless of what feelings are hurt along the way.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
But is the far left really advocating to shut down oil tomorrow? I feel everyone knows there needs to be a transition period, but the Dems don’t even offer one.

People are now being dramatic because time is running out.

I know they're not, but that's how people here are interpreting it. O&G is getting hit hard with covid since people aren't travelling so the demand is low. Exxon & Shell got hit HARD, especially Exxon. There were A LOT of layoffs earlier in the year, and I think there will be more before the end of this year/ start of next year. When you turn on the news and you hear Democrats go after O&G, you see the boogeyman threatening your job. People tend to be more concerned about the problem today as opposed to the long-term problems.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. I can see it slowly happening within the oil industry now. I think if the Democrats said they'd invest in Texas to build new jobs to develop that technology, they'd have Texas in the bag going forward along with Beto's campaigning. Beto is a fukking rock star in Texas, at least in all the major urban areas. Instead, the far left is just saying shut O&G down immediately with nothing in place to substitute it. That's why you have people voting for Biden and then guys like Ted Cruz/John Corryn/Dan Crenshaw.

The auto industry world wide is going full in on electrics. That is the biggest percentage use of oil right now. There's not really a choice. That's why Texas is one of the biggest wind energy producers in the world right now. The time to get in on this was 10 years ago, which Texas did. Far less volatile than the shale industry.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
But is the far left really advocating to shut down oil tomorrow? I feel everyone knows there needs to be a transition period, but the Dems don’t even offer one.

People are now being dramatic because time is running out.

My cousin is a communist and he supports developing countries destroying their environment to gain money.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I know they're not, but that's how people here are interpreting it. O&G is getting hit hard with covid since people aren't travelling so the demand is low. Exxon & Shell got hit HARD, especially Exxon. There were A LOT of layoffs earlier in the year, and I think there will be more before the end of this year/ start of next year. When you turn on the news and you hear Democrats go after O&G, you see the boogeyman threatening your job. People tend to be more concerned about the problem today as opposed to the long-term problems.

Big Oil that have made a footprint in the alternative energy sectors will be fine, people who refuse to adapt will be left out in the cold, it happened to U.S. steel, it happens with many industries... sorry to say

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is nonsense.

Anyone with eyes can see this is over. His leads in PA and NV are large and only growing, and the remaining ballots are all mail in and/or from super blue districts.

His lead in AZ is shrinking, but not by enough for Trump to take over.

What the media is doing right now is reckless and irresponsible. It's a ratings ploy that serves no purpose but to rile up Trump's base and have them question the legitimacy of the ballots even more. It's over. They need to call this.

The only state they can hold off on calling is GA because the lead is so small.
You act like the media calling it has any real meaning. These media outlets aren't the final authority on who becomes president. The process will continue despite what they call or don't call.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You act like the media calling it has any real meaning. These media outlets aren't the final authority on who becomes president. The process will continue despite what they call or don't call.

But if they called it, these hail mary tinfoil scenarios would die down some and it'd put pressure on other Republicans to accept defeat and in turn put the ball in Trump's court on how he wants to handle defeat....

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
But if they called it, these hail mary tinfoil scenarios would die down some and it'd put pressure on other Republicans to accept defeat and in turn put the ball in Trump's court on how he wants to handle defeat....

Yeah. But it looks like the PA updates are done for tonight. If Biden made it to 35k+ more votes than Trump, I think they'd call it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Like it ended when they called Arizona?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
fZ7pr_Q8p6Xd-Xu7NqqfXxBTG0cMyx6NxBDbpurdm8I.jpg