Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I've been worried about Trump supporters turning up ever since the NH primary. Hoping those fears prove paranoid come Nov 3

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i still say on these polls, trump has SO much optimism baked in right now :dead:

let Q3 roll around when the economy hasn't recovered like he promised, and tell me what they're looking like at that point. i'm still scared of october optimism, but long term, his promises about the rebound are utter trash

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
i still say on these polls, trump has SO much optimism baked in right now :dead:

let Q3 roll around when the economy hasn't recovered like he promised, and tell me what they're looking like at that point. i'm still scared of october optimism, but long term, his promises about the rebound are utter trash
The economy can’t make up for his blunders this year

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
2020 was a wide open primary too

I think what he meant is the likelihood of Biden deciding not to run for a 2nd term is higher than probably any president since LBJ.

not taking anything for granted, but wouldn’t read too much into this.

Covid has Dem voters less likely than GOP voters to leave the house for unnecessary trips, like a primary when your party’s General Election candidate has already been decided.

Steve Bullock is Montana’s Democrat governor (pretty popular if I recall correctly), just won his senate primary and is favored to win that seat in November. Bluer state than you might think.

Trump has also been getting it from all sides lately, his base may be digging in to show their support for him at the polls right now.

Philadelphia has been sort of consumed by the civil unrest, so that probably depressed voter turnout in urban areas vs Trump’s solid PA rural voter base.

The other thing is the Dem nomination has been wrapped up for months. If there was somehow still a rival candidate to Biden, I'm guessing Dem turnout would have been higher.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
the Dems had no incumbent in 2020. I am not sure how we cant say 2020 wasn't wide open until Obama made the phone call.

had this pandemic started sooner Bernie would probably be the nominee.

I think corporate dems conceded that trump would probably lose no matter who the candidate was. Bernie would’ve put all of them on notice.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

Yeah, I think that many people don't remember '08 or '12 well enough. Re-election was NOT a forgone conclusion for Obama in 2012. I remember thinking and feeling that the election was going to be close and that's how many other people felt. I also felt that the country was going to vote out Obama because he was Black and White people would vote back in a White man (Romney).

Democrats are still traumatized by 2016 (understandably). However, 2020 is different and most major elections after 2016 have proved that as long as Democrats show up, we're gonna be fine - WE WIN! 99% of Democrats are not taking this election lackadaisically and we're gonna show up in November whether through the mail or at the polling booth.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Yeah, I think that many people don't remember '08 or '12 well enough. Re-election was NOT a forgone conclusion for Obama in 2012. I remember thinking and feeling that the election was going to be close and that's how many other people felt. I also felt that the country was going to vote out Obama because he was Black and White people would vote back in a White man (Romney).

Democrats are still traumatized by 2016 (understandably). However, 2020 is different and most major elections after 2016 have proved that as long as Democrats show up, we're gonna be fine - WE WIN! 99% of Democrats are not taking this election lackadaisically and we're gonna show up in November whether through the mail or at the polling booth.
It's basically voting and potential death at this point. I know people (myself included) doing it. Mail-In mandatory voting would be great moving forward.