Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Biden is up significantly more than Hillary was at this point, in national and state polling. I don't see how Trump rebounds in the short-term as the economy gets better. Obviously it's the end of May...people haven't really tuned into the election yet. Maybe things change. But as it stands now I'm hard pressed to imagine Trump building on top of his coalition, whereas Biden will be able to consolidate the democrat base (especially younger voters).

Are elderly voters gonna go back to Trump? Maybe he wins some back, but not at the margins he needs. It's not looking good for him. I don't think anyone expected Biden to be dominating such a diverse group of demographics like this. Suburban white women, older voters...these are typically people who vote republican.

#1 We're in a depression. We have 40M+ unemployed and that number I expect to rise even more now due to all the looting and riots behind the protests. The economy isn't going to recover how you think it is.

#2 I think Trump has completely lost the majority of elderly voters just off the cornavirus alone. Trump has proven he doesn't give a fukk about anyone but his own agenda: Money. He has already said that if there is another wave of corona he won't be shutting down the U.S.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
#1 We're in a depression. We have 40M+ unemployed and that number I expect to rise even more now due to all the looting and riots behind the protests. The economy isn't going to recover how you think it is.

#2 I think Trump has completely lost the majority of elderly voters just off the cornavirus alone. Trump has proven he doesn't give a fukk about anyone but his own agenda: Money. He has already said that if there is another wave of corona he won't be shutting down the U.S.
There will be those who publicly condemn him but will vote for him when the time comes.

ill_will82

Daps
impossible :yeshrug: trump will always have 40 percent of the country and they're going nowhere

just need biden to win all these states by fukkin 1 percent :wow:

Lol you said that the other day. I figure the worst shyt gets (unemployment rate/cornavirus) or out of control (police brutality/looting) it looks bad on Trump's part.

ill_will82

Daps
i mean, you would think it would :dead: this guy has an absolute cult. i've never seen anything like it

Yeah and that's the weird part man this dude had a legitimate cult from his voting base all the way up to his Administration in D.C. He really got them Republicans shook and I figured that much when he beat the impeachment case.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
on the other hand, it could stave off any bullshyt the repubs try to throw about the dems being "pro-looting"

i mean honestly, once kamala is past the primary and officially in position to be the first female VP in american history, does the democrat base really start condemning her for being a DA in the past? i'm not sure i even believe that will happen
The prospect of another black president in the wings - and the first female president - will keep people in line. Some leftists will be mad but it's clear they aren't dictating shyt when it comes to this election.