Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
These guys are feeling themselves :dead:

Stop Being Surprised

by Evan Scrimshaw | May 27, 2020 | Uncategorized | 1 comment

On Wednesday, two polls were released – one in the US, and one in the UK – which showed numbers that are currently outlier to consensus opinion, and caused some amount of noteworthy response. And in both cases absolutely nobody should be surprised if they’ve listened or read anything we’ve said.

Let’s start with Dominic Cummings because why not, honestly. The “data guru” who didn’t know how to thread tweets on Twitter is still in hot water for blatantly breaking lockdown rules, and after a press conference that put anything Armando Iannucci ever wrote to shame, he is still in office, hated by his Prime Minister’s caucus but apparently too important to sack in Boris Johnson’s mind. And then YouGov showed a 6% Tory lead, down 9% in the span of weeks, and everyone was freaking out at this eminently predictable poll. On Monday, I wrote that this scandal was the perfect scandal to fukk the Tories with Northern leavers who had finally trusted the Tories, and guess what? That’s who swung to Labour.

From a 4% Tory the last time they were in the field to a 10% Labour lead on Wednesday, YouGov is showing the Northern swing that I warned on Monday was possible if the government didn’t get rid of Cummings. To see it validated so quickly was a bit of a shock, but it was a perfectly logical expectation and it came through.

The US poll that came out was our buddies at Optimus with their latest US Presidential data. An 11% Biden lead, the poll is also notable for being a Likely Voter poll in May which is showing a Biden landslide. The demographic weights look pristine, so it’s not one of the junk polls that can come showing a 14% black electorate or some shyt like that. And yet, everytime we update one of our US models, the chorus is the same – bad faith arguments, 2016 whataboutism, and straight up lies about our record.

I don’t know how many times we need to see a trend first – whether it is the Canadian Liberals’ demographic efficiency that saw them lose the popular vote and win government handily, the Red Wall being sliced and diced by the UK Tories, calling all three 2019 Gubernatorial elections right, coming in second in the Democratic Primary model-off, correctly seeing both Montana and Kansas Senate as places where Democrats are currently leading, Republican weakness up and down the ticket in Georgia – before people stop being shocked by things that either our amazing models or writers see ahead of time. Both the big hit to Boris of YouGov and the landslide possibilities of Optimus are things that LeanTossup has pointed out before it happened, and they’re added to a proud list of such events. Obviously our record is not unblemished – while we got the Democrats winning both state houses in Virginia, we were overenthusiastic on their chances in a few seats per chamber, and my column archive is not unblemished of takes that make me feel like a moron. But on the whole, we have been right. We disagreed with consensus in Canada and kicked ass, and then we took on YouGov’s MRP and beat that too. All we can ask for is that the next time something happens that seems shocking happens in the land of polls and numbers, check here – we might have already called it.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
well, trump isn't going to like me... i got my vote by mail application today and i just filled it out and am sending it back on monday.... that's for michigan's primary in august and the general election in november.....

:manny::yeshrug:

big gretch said to stay home, so, i'm staying home... but i'm voting for biden by mail regardless......

:umad::ufdup:
did you see she got her buffs?

i voted for abdul but big gretch is winning me over :wow:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
the result of trump's job approval is sad.

maybe i'm dejected but i feel like trump is going to win the GE. he has a strong base, minorities seem split between biden or trump, russia is most likely involved and trump will go as far as possible to win. seems like he has too much power and can manipulate everything.

Nah. Especially after George Floyd, no black person gonna vote for Trump. Even registered Republicans are pissed off at Trump enough that they openly stated to vote for Biden.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
trump watching 60 percent of america laughing at him from november to january could be dangerous. you know hes gonna do something awful :huhldup:

We need to know where the nuclear football is after the election when he loses. I'm definitely terrified of him letting some shyt off of his chest in the form of nukes.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Nah. Especially after George Floyd, no black person gonna vote for Trump. Even registered Republicans are pissed off at Trump enough that they openly stated to vote for Biden.
the people fretting about minn possibly being in danger of going red, they can safely throw that fear in the trash

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
In terms of net approval, the only incumbents at Trump's level of net approval are Bush I and Carter. He's historically unpopular and has been for the entirety of his term.

Minorities are not split between the two and there is absolutely no evidence of such.

His base is resolute and small. You're overestimating their size.

You're acting like Trump is fukking Thanos. He's arguably in the worst position of any incumbent in modern history. Can he still win? Sure, but let's not act like anything about the current world outside of political polarization is advantageous to him.

my belief that minorities are split on trump and biden is based on what i see on thecoli. i know thecoli isn't a reflection of society but i said the same thing in 2016.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
b4oqDEf.jpg