Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
New article today.
(CNN)A new project to encourage Republicans to support former Vice President Joe Biden over President Donald Trump has launched a $10 million ad campaign targeting GOP-leaning voters in top swing states.

The initiative, called Republican Voters Against Trump, has produced multiple ads featuring disaffected GOP voters who say they are not voting for Trump. Many of these testimonials are recorded on smartphones and include voters who have voted for Republican candidates, some of whom voted for Trump in 2016.

"I voted for Donald Trump in 2016, but I won't vote for him again," says Jay, a Pennsylvania voter who recorded one of nearly 100 videos featured on the project's website. Some of the testimonials will be featured in the ads.

"People need to see other people like themselves," said Sarah Longwell, a longtime conservative and Republican consultant who is the executive director of Defending Democracy Together, the nonprofit behind the effort. The New York Times first reported on the new ad campaign.

Longwell told CNN the ads will initially target specific voters in the swing states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Arizona, primarily through digital ads. Some television ads have also been produced and will air in those states.

Other involved in the project are Bill Kristol, the former Weekly Standard editor and a prominent Never Trump commentator; and Tim Miller, a one-time adviser to former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's 2016 presidential campaign. Their group, Defending Democracy Together, has also backed an initiative called Republicans for the Rule of Law, which has purchased TV and digital ads to push congressional Republicans to seek more information on the Ukraine investigation that led to Trump's impeachment last year.

That campaign helped the group find like-minded Republicans, conservatives and moderates who oppose Trump but have not been traditional Democratic voters. Longwell said the new project's goal is to highlight these people for other voters who may be on the fence about supporting Trump in 2020.

"The whole point of the project is for people to credibly make their case to other people," Longwell said. "Trust in the media is down, trust in politicians is down. The people who they trust are people like them."
So it looks like the group behind this is also the same group that is behind the Republicans for the Rule of Law group.
Defending Democracy Together

They are separate from the Lincoln Project.

It seems like these never Trump Republicans want to blow up the party completely, then try to rebuild it.

Edit-This is the direct link to the project:
Republican Voters Against Trump

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Let Romney endorse Biden, and Trump might as well physically attack his campaign manager.
If Romney endorses Biden, Trump might try to physically attack Romney on some...

EYT7ltJUwAE7psA-768x431.jpeg

:dead:

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
New article today.

So it looks like the group behind this is also the same group that is behind the Republicans for the Rule of Law group.
Defending Democracy Together

They are separate from the Lincoln Project.

It seems like these never Trump Republicans want to blow up the party completely, then try to rebuild it.
They will try but the base is activated. This is 30 years in making. No going back for the Republican Party at this point.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
While he critiques the 1% in the right terms he often frames it like they are ignorant to the effect they are having on society by their actions. Or that once you explain the overall effect of their companies and their dogma they get enlightened and are willing to change. Maybe some people working at these places feel that way but overall the CEO, CFO, Board of Directors aka people making the actual decisions know exactly what they are doing and the effect they are having and they just don't care. If it is counter to increasing shareholder wealth they just aren't interested. It's like he is trying to kum ba yah the relationship between workers and the corporation or society and the corporation when it is indeed very adversarial and everyone is aware that it is just that.
:jbhmm: I've read his book and follow him on twitter, he seems pretty much in agreement with what you just wrote. His whole thing is about how the "Win-Win" model that these elites keep pushing is bullshyt because they're making off with all the gains in a Winner Take All economy. He's very antagonistic towards these power structures and I've never really seen him prescribe ignorance or naivete on behalf of these elites.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:jbhmm: I've read his book and follow him on twitter, he seems pretty much in agreement with what you just wrote. His whole thing is about how the "Win-Win" model that these elites keep pushing is bullshyt because they're making off with all the gains in a Winner Take All economy. He's very antagonistic towards these power structures and I've never really seen him prescribe ignorance or naivete on behalf of these elites.

I like Anand. He's got to keep his ins with rich people though :mjgrin:

^He has a reputation that precedes him. lol
I couldn't find the vids I saw which were around when his book was coming out a year ago but he likes to say when he confronts the people he is talking about in his book they say to him, "You're right." Maybe they are just being dishonest with him but he phrased it like he was buying it.
And most people who talk like this don't come from McKinsey and Co. or work at the New York Times, or MSNBC and now Vice. :patrice:
I dunno, he seems to be the respectable antagonist who shields the elite from the rest of their antagonizers. lol Just a perspective and by and large I like his message.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This is a point I been making and some posters on here are choosing to ignore it. I think people think because I don’t like Biden I am being bias. I work in the community and I know people that are semi plugged in. There is a extreme lack of enthusiasm for Biden among Black voters 45 and under. The Trump campaign have been making inroads. Again, it don’t have to be major inroads, they just need to pill a few percentage points or depress turnout. That is why I want a VP that can excite Black voters. Biden might still be able to win without excitement from younger Black voters/younger voters in general, because seniors love him and Trump horrible handling of covid.

Last edited:

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whew:
This is a point I been making and some posters on hear are choosing to ignore it. I think people think because I don’t like Biden I am being bias. I work in the community and I know people that are semi plugged in. There is a extreme lack of enthusiasm for Biden among Black voters 45 and under. The Trump campaign have been making inroads. Again, it don’t have to be major inroads, they just need to pill a few percentage points or depress turnout. That is why I want a VP that can excite Black voters. Biden might still be able to win without excitement from younger Black voters/younger voters in general, because seniors love him and Trump horrible handling of covid.

That is what Michelle and Barack are for

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
How you figure? The Dem party is the Dem party. They can't conjure up someone new and exciting out of thin air. They like Biden going have to pick out of what is available.
Uncle Barry is the most popular figure in the Democratic Party and the nation :whew: :obama: