Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think Bernie is too old and I knew he wasn't going to win this time around (there's no Hillary) :yeshrug:.

I think Biden is too old as well but hey, he won the primary so he gets my vote and support :yeshrug:.
Hmm . . . I guess your calculations were wrong. He got a lot closer than Warren. :francis:

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
here's why i think trump has a real serious chance at winning reelection..... he caters to his base, at least rhetorically, more than any other president i've observed... the reason why certain statements don't sink trump is because he doesn't apologize for them or back peddle... he's built a solid 40% base that will support him no matter what... he just has to get 7 - 8% more people just to casually vote for him to win....

for example, when mccain's supporter said that obama was a muslim out to destroy america, mccain corrected her and told her that obama was a good decent american that he just had a disagreement with on how to run government.... that way of campaigning depressed republican voters....

when the romney 47% moocher speech leaked, romney immediately apologized for suggesting that..... i worked with a boatload of angry white cacs who agreed completely that 47% of the country are just a bunch of worthless freeloaders... in fact, they thought the percentage was closer to 52 or 53%... when romney apologized for saying that, he depressed the republican support as well....

enter trump... he says mccain isn't a war hero because he got captured, made fun of disabled reporters, badmouthed gold star families, suggested a judge couldn't be fair because he was of mexican heritage, said a tv commentator was bleeding from her whatever, and the list goes on... he never apologized for any of that... he just doubled down on it... there are people who agree with this line of thinking.. him doubling down on that made them feel like he really gets them and think just like them.... they are devoted to this man.. let's also not forget about the build the wall thing.... a lot of us really don't understand how mad white people are about the browning of america....

i'm not saying trump wins reelection... he's also alienating a lot of people too... a lot of people ignored his boorish behavior in 2016 because they thought once he got into office he would act more presidential... i'm just saying, i've never seen a more dedicated base of people than trump's base.. i think that is why a lot of people are cynical that he can be beat... plus he's the incumbent, so there's that as well....

biden is relying on the "hate trump" vote... there is no where near as many people slavishly devoted to biden as there are people slavishly devoted to trump....

Daps
Picking some direct quotes from this article on Trump losing senior support.

Tommye and Rody Johnson have been registered Republicans for almost seven decades. So while the couple from Vero Beach, Florida, had some reservations about then-candidate Donald Trump in 2016, they just couldn’t imagine voting for Hillary Clinton.

Now, after nearly four years of President Trump’s tweets, the impeachment scandal, and especially, what they see as his disastrous handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, they can’t imagine voting for him again.

They’re not the only ones. According to a recent Morning Consult poll, Mr. Trump’s approval rating among voters over the age of 65 dropped 20 points between March and the end of April, making seniors more critical of the president’s performance than any other age group aside from 18- to 29-year-olds. Much of that decline seems directly related to the virus, which so far has posed a far more serious health threat to older people.

“The people my age, we have become dispensable,” says Wendy Penk, a lifelong Republican in her 60s from Charlotte, North Carolina.

Ms. Penk, like the Johnsons, voted for Mr. Trump last time around, but is now part of a “Republicans for Biden” Facebook group. She worries about her husband’s health, and says Mr. Trump’s handling of the pandemic cemented her decision to vote a “straight blue” ticket in November.

“I’ve never seen this level of mishandling my entire life, and I was around during Richard Nixon and Watergate,” says Ms. Penk. “This coronavirus situation has just highlighted how inept [President Trump] is.”

Mr. Holmes, who works as a receptionist at a local hospital outside Jackson, recently had a friend die from the virus. He says he knows he’s not the only 2016 Trump voter souring on the president. For him, the final straw was when Mr. Trump called the coronavirus a hoax.

The crisis “has just confirmed how incompetent [President Trump] is – and how uncaring he is for others,” says Mr. Holmes. He’s planning to vote for Mr. Biden in November, the first time he’s ever voted for a Democrat, he says.

Ms. Stanley does say she sees fewer “Trump 2020” flags flying lately – the only visible form of political support permitted in the community. Similarly, Cathy Hardy, chair of the Sumter County Democratic Party, says that anecdotally, she’s heard a handful of locals say Mr. Trump’s handling of COVID-19 was “the nail in the coffin.”

“The health concerns people have nationwide are intensified here,” she says.

Ms. Stanley does say she sees fewer “Trump 2020” flags flying lately – the only visible form of political support permitted in the community. Similarly, Cathy Hardy, chair of the Sumter County Democratic Party, says that anecdotally, she’s heard a handful of locals say Mr. Trump’s handling of COVID-19 was “the nail in the coffin.”

“The health concerns people have nationwide are intensified here,” she says.

For some seniors, virus is shifting their views of Trump

I don't think Trump is going to get the seniors back. Which sinks Trump in a re-election bid.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
here's why i think trump has a real serious chance at winning reelection..... he caters to his base, at least rhetorically, more than any other president i've observed... the reason why certain statements don't sink trump is because he doesn't apologize for them or back peddle... he's built a solid 40% base that will support him no matter what... he just has to get 7 - 8% more people just to casually vote for him to win....

for example, when mccain's supporter said that obama was a muslim out to destroy america, mccain corrected her and told her that obama was a good decent american that he just had a disagreement with on how to run government.... that way of campaigning depressed republican voters....

when the romney 47% moocher speech leaked, romney immediately apologized for suggesting that..... i worked with a boatload of angry white cacs who agreed completely that 47% of the country are just a bunch of worthless freeloaders... in fact, they thought the percentage was closer to 52 or 53%... when romney apologized for saying that, he depressed the republican support as well....

enter trump... he says mccain isn't a war hero because he got captured, made fun of disabled reporters, badmouthed gold star families, suggested a judge couldn't be fair because he was of mexican heritage, said a tv commentator was bleeding from her whatever, and the list goes on... he never apologized for any of that... he just doubled down on it... there are people who agree with this line of thinking.. him doubling down on that made them feel like he really gets them and think just like them.... they are devoted to this man.. let's also not forget about the build the wall thing.... a lot of us really don't understand how mad white people are about the browning of america....

i'm not saying trump wins reelection... he's also alienating a lot of people too... a lot of people ignored his boorish behavior in 2016 because they thought once he got into office he would act more presidential... i'm just saying, i've never seen a more dedicated base of people than trump's base.. i think that is why a lot of people are cynical that he can be beat... plus he's the incumbent, so there's that as well....

biden is relying on the "hate trump" vote... there is no where near as many people slavishly devoted to biden as there are people slavishly devoted to trump....
You miss one key thing....MOTIVATION.

Many anti-Trump voters are fearful and angry about what Trump has done as President. FEAR & ANGER are huge motivators in voting and it's a big reason why Trump won in 2016. A lot of Trump voters were tired of the status quo and because of their anti-Obama and anti-Hillary hate...they turned out and voted for Trump. Furthermore, Democratic voters got a bit complacent and those things combined led to Trump's narrow victory.

This time around things are completely different. Biden isn't as disliked as Hillary was and Trump doesn't have the "outsider" advantage. Also, Democratic voters aren't complacent this time around.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You miss one key thing....MOTIVATION.

Many anti-Trump voters are fearful and angry about what Trump has done as President. FEAR & ANGER are huge motivators in voting and it's a big reason why Trump won in 2016. A lot of Trump voters were tired of the status quo and because of their anti-Obama and anti-Hillary hate...they turned out and voted for Trump. Furthermore, Democratic voters got a bit complacent and those things combined led to Trump's narrow victory.

This time around things are completely different. Biden isn't as disliked as Hillary was and Trump doesn't have the "outsider" advantage. Also, Democratic voters aren't complacent this time around.
I would add that the motivation won’t really subside between now and the election. Hard to believe much of anybody is going to wake up the morning of the election and feel good about what he’s done outside of his base.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I mean, I don't disagree. Trump is the incumbent, has a rabid base, etc. etc.

However, the main thing I got from this article was not that people believe Trump has some built-in advantage or anything like that.

It came down to two things:

1. People either don't believe or are fearful or polls

2. The public thinks Trump is a cheater and will do anything to win.

That's it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
trump is continually shooting himself in the foot with his lies about the economy

every day, it's "big 3rd quarter bounceback" and "huge 4th quarter". nothing happens quickly in this country :dead: if he's LUCKY he'll have 10 percent unemployment by the election. and in the meantime he's just gonna get worse and worse and more unhinged every day

Daps
i really, really hope trump gets voted out.... his non-concession speech is going to be.... :banderas:

who will he throw under the bus first....? it's gonna be hot in the white house if trump loses....:russ:
Either he'll pull a Hillary and not come out, or he'll come out after a "delay" where he calls the election and its results fake. Says he's going to challenge it. He might even pull a stunt where he says the reason he was late coming out was because he was talking to the intelligence agencies and they told him there was massive voter fraud/rigged voting.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Either he'll pull a Hillary and not come out, or he'll come out after a "delay" where he calls the election and its results fake. Says he's going to challenge it. He might even pull a stunt where he says the reason he was late coming out was because he was talking to the intelligence agencies and they told him there was massive voter fraud/rigged voting.
100% chance he does NOT concede on the night of the election