Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, I gotta admit, I stuck my head in forgetting the new Ep was out and saw the posts about Lalo taking out the hit squad..

the way some of you were criticising it I was expecting Lalo to be on some John Wick shyt lol, I’m not sure why y’all thought that was so unbelievable, he literally just got behind them :yeshrug:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They been building up to this too. I remember a few seasons back where they hustled a couple in a restaurant and Kim was all about it.

Which comes full circle when came went back to grab this after she quit her job.

Better-Call-Saul-Tequila-Bottle-Stopper-Vertical.jpg

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly! i feel like some people missed how much of a "fukk you" her response was to jimmy. on some "YOU checking ME?!? !" shyt. as much of a "fukk you" as she would ever give him, since she clearly loves... something about the dude.

also, to the people tripping about kim being the hard one... from the very little we've seen of their lives, it seems like kim is the one who grew up hard, while jimmy was the sheltered/protected one.

that showed in their confrontation with lalo.

if anything i feel like that's gonna be her undoing. when pushed, she doesn't back down. jimmy goes into self-preservation mode (unless his ego gets in the way).

This scene was a perfect metaphoric foreshadow to Kim's fate. She's going to over do it, and fall asleep behind the wheel and crash!

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
There’s also something about the lighting and/or makeup that they use on him, Mike, and Saul/Jimmy that IMHO makes them look older and can even be noticeably distracting.
And he looks like he lost some 15kg. But imo, and a BIG #nohomo, he still looks fine for his age.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lalo a damn genius. I thought he was gonna dip, but naw he went back to surprise them assassins. He pulled that reverse uno card on em:picard:

that look on his face in that last minute when he was walkin, this dude goin nuclear next season:lupe:

it might be over for Ignacio:to:

People sayin kim wont die and goes to jail, but its lookin like Lalo goin scorched earth policy for season 6
.Everybody can get it:patrice:

Nah, Kim of all people maybe safe from Lalo for the pure fact she hipped him up on game about he need to watch his own people. Lalo truly TRUSTED Nacho and that betrayal proved Kim right. Kim's fate is definitely not be due to Nacho....

GUS on the other hand... :yeshrug:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
And he looks like he lost some 15kg. But imo, and a BIG #nohomo, he still looks fine for his age.
Good point. Past a certain age it helps to have more weight on you. At a certain point after 60 if you get too thin you start looking gaunt in the face and drawn out.

15kg (30+ lbs if anyone needs a translation) is a lot of weight to lose.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nah, Kim of all people maybe safe from Lalo for the pure fact she hipped him up on game about he need to watch his own people. Lalo truly TRUSTED Nacho and that betrayal proved Kim right. Kim's fate is definitely not be due to Nacho....

I agree. I think Lalo has much bigger concerns than Jimmy or Kim.

for some reason I don’t think the demise of Saul/Kim will be her getting murdered by Gus or any cartel folks.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm :dead: at people talking about this is out of character for Kim. It's not even really about her "breaking bad".

It's about her taking offense anytime anyone (including Jimmy/Saul) questions her agency. Just last week they were about to get into a big ass argument about her leaving the Mesa Verde case, before Lalo showed up.

Then there was this scene:

And in that scene with Howard, he basically played her like she's just Saul's side kick and she's incapable of making her own decisions.

That's why she's suddenly going so hard at him.

As far as the whole Lalo vs hit squad debate....we seen the cousins kill an entire building full of goons last year.

So :dahell: at people suddenly needing realism in these scenes.

Ep was great and not at all what I expected. Which is why I watch a Vince Gilligan show. The only :what: thing is there was supposed to be a flash forward.

Fred.

I knew that rumor was fake because they never had a flash forward except when it is the first episode of a NEW season. Season 6 maybe an exception, but all 5 seasons, the flash forwards were only on the first episode of that respective season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I agree. I think Lalo has much bigger concerns than Jimmy or Kim.

for some reason I don’t think the demise of Saul/Kim will be her getting murdered by Gus or any cartel folks.

That's true but at the same time he thought somebody shot up Saul's car....then was convinced it wasn't Saul's fault....then a hit squad came after him.

So he might look at it like, had he been hipped to the fact that goons already tried to steal his money.....maybe he would've moved more carefully in Mexico.

Regardless, I find it hard to believe the "he's gonna be dead by this time tomorrow, everything is fine" conversation between Mike and Saul wasn't foreshadowing for something.

I knew that rumor was fake because they never had a flash forward except when it is the first episode of a NEW season. Season 6 maybe an exception, but all 5 seasons, the flash forwards were only on the first episode of that respective season.

It was on the official Cinnabon Twitter account. So it's not as if some random person said it.

Fred.