Official Battlefield 3 Thread

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
These nikkas know their fukking guns :ohhh:

They hardcore with it down to the most miniscule calculation. Post-patch I went back to the swiss army of assault guns the M16A3, but they posted this argument for the AK post-patch

[YOUTUBE]dwqzVLhjXJQ[/YOUTUBE]

BF3 In Depth Weapon Comparison: AK-74M vs M16A3 - YouTube

I gave the AK a run and with a controller, the lessened recoil got me feeling like :ahh:

Jet

Banned
Daps
Double XP Weekend Ma - Blog - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Double XP Weekend May 26-27 on PC

Console players had a great time during our Double XP event the other week. Now, the time has come for our PC players to rank up faster.

During Saturday and Sunday this weekend (May 26th-27th), every point you make gets doubled at the end of round!

If you want to know exactly how we calculate your Double XP, head to this forum post [battlelog.battlefield.com]. The gist of it is that double XP will be accrued across all ranked servers and matches on PC. Start and end times below.

Now tell your friends and let’s have a great 48 hours of gaming!

Starts Saturday 26th May
00:01 PDT
07:01 UTC
09:01 CET

Ends Sunday 27th May
23:59 PDT
06:59 UTC (Which is Monday 28th of May in this time zone)
08:59 CET (Which is Monday 28th May in this time zone)

Jet

Banned
Daps
The Battlefield Blog | Inside DICE: Adapting the Battlefield visuals for Close Quarters combat

Inside DICE: Adapting the Battlefield visuals for Close Quarters combat

You create the chaos

One important aim for me with Close Quarters is to let players generate ambient environmental chaos. All HD Destruction leaves behind a big and very long-lived dust particle cloud that shows the trace of war and turns the surrounding dusty.

On the “Skybar” level [our internal title for Ziba Tower] for example, you have the sprinklers that will trigger if someone shoots at them or if an explosion goes off nearby. We also have gas stoves that burst into flames during the entire round. Showers start to leak water and steam, TV’s are buzzing with static, lights are flashing, and so on. The experience I want to convey is that you generate the chaos, and you can track were the action is by following the signs of destruction. Put simply, at the end of a round, a Close Quarters map should look and feel completely different from when the round started.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV6q63GA7a0&]BF3_Close_Quarters_VFX_Test.mov - YouTube[/ame]

Randomly shooting at stuff

Above you can see a demo montage that I put together, just randomly shooting at stuff to showcase the destruction internally here at DICE. I just added a slow motion effect in post-production because I wanted to see all the details in our HD Destruction.

Besides what has already been discussed in this post, a lot of work went into tweaking existing effects. The RPG explosion has been remade, for example, and now has a very unique look. Players should now be able to see a distinct difference between an RPG explosion versus a hand grenade explosion, especially since the latter also has seen a revamp with Close Quarters. These changes not only look pretty – they were absolutely necessary from a gameplay perspective as well, since the base game FX would effectively block visibility in two entire rooms inside the Ziba Tower map!

Other explosive items that have been revamped for Close Quarters are the C4 and Claymores. The C4 explosion radius should now match its actual gameplay area more closely, and the Claymore now has a directional based cone of mayhem, also modified to fit its actual gameplay range. These are all changes that were essential in bringing the Battlefield indoors, where space is much tighter than on a traditional Battlefield map (like Caspian Border, for example).

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm tired of the vehicle spam in some matches. It's cool that they're releasing that CQC DLC cause while I love the maps and BF steez, it can get annoying as shyt at times.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm tired of the vehicle spam in some matches. It's cool that they're releasing that CQC DLC cause while I love the maps and BF steez, it can get annoying as shyt at times.

Which vehicles in particular? As an engineer when i see vehicles i know im about to eat. I look down the street at a tank and be like :shaq: I want that one, right there. :takedat: Plant them mines at intersections and stay getting double kills from idiots driving like the wild wild west in a dune buggie.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I usually stick to playing non-infantry maps unless I'm playing in a party. Because people don't want to use common sense when dealing with vehicles. You on a map where you have to defend on Rush with tanks? Lay down some mines. A helicopter? Use a fukking stinger. I can't stand when dudes make shyt harder than it has to be because they want to go off and play Rambo :dry:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Which vehicles in particular? As an engineer when i see vehicles i know im about to eat. I look down the street at a tank and be like :shaq: I want that one, right there. :takedat: Plant them mines at intersections and stay getting double kills from idiots driving like the wild wild west in a dune buggie.

Depends on the map.

But it only gets annoying when I'm on a team with no one that gets in the vehicles to go against the dudes on the other squad who stay in them the whole match.

But the choppers get on my nerves the most. I can take out tanks in numerous ways, but the nikkas that just hover around wrecking shyt all match...:wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Depends on the map.

But it only gets annoying when I'm on a team with no one that gets in the vehicles to go against the dudes on the other squad who stay in them the whole match.

But the choppers get on my nerves the most. I can take out tanks in numerous ways, but the nikkas that just hover around wrecking shyt all match...:wow:

*sees annoying chopper*

*switches to recon*

*gets in tank and drives to vicinity of chopper *

*drops soflam*

*activates heat seeking m!$$les*

*feels endorphin release watching chopper 3xpl0de*
:win: