Reppin
Texas
Update

Joe Pantoliano Returning as Captain Howard in Bad Boys For Life
Cap back

Update
Martin Lawrence Confirms Bad Boys 3 Return

Update: Bad Boys 3 Release Date Moves to November 2018

The upcoming Bad Boys 3 aka Bad Boys for Life is slated to once again star Will Smith (Suicide Squad) and Martin Lawrence (Big Momma’s House) as the buddy-duo from the previous, Michael Bay-directed films. Set to be directed by series newcomer Joe Carnahan (The Grey), the third Bad Boys installment will see Miami Police Department detectives Mike Lowrey (Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Lawrence) making a bold comeback that is sure to please longtime viewers of the two narcotics agents.

Following multiple release date delays, it would appear that Carnahan, Smith, Lawrence, and producer Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean) are all set to begin work in earnest on Bad Boys for Life. Standing as the first movie in the Bad Boys franchise that will not have been directed by Bay, the cast and crew will have quite the task ahead of them in the production of this belated third chapter; though it would appear that production is firmly set to get underway at last than it has been in the past.

In a recent appearence on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (see above), Lawrence commented on the fact that the most frequently asked question that he receives from his fans is when the next Bad Boys movie is going to come out. Speaking to the enthusiasm still held for the project – while offering the added reservation that all parties involved will additionally have to be available – Lawrence offered the lingering hope that production on Bad Boys for Life will finally begin in March 2017.

Granted, the statement was made in an attempt at appeasing longtime fans of the Bad Boys series, and nothing is set in stone at this point in time. That being said, if what Caranahan has said most recently is true, then Lawrence could very well be correct in postulating that Bad Boys for Life will in fact begin filming within the first three months of the next calendar year.

Viewers who grew up watching Bad Boys and its immediate sequel Bad Boys 2 in the late 1990s and early 2000s are no doubt waiting with bated breath for production to finally commence in the making of Bad Boys for Life. On that note, fans of the action movie franchise might finally have something to cling all of their hopes to – provided Lawrence can be taken at his word.

Bad Boys 3 Aims to Start Filming By Next March

Will Smith said it, Martin Lawrence said it…a lot, and Sony even gave it a title. But it looks like Bad Boys 3aka Bad Boys For Life is officially a thing. Yes, we’ve been down this road before, but they really mean it this time! Lawrence even went on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to kinda sorta confirm a shooting date. Maybe.

Just going by the video, there’s a lot of conjunctions and qualifiers on the March 2017 shooting date. If they can get everyone’s schedule to line up. If they get the script right. MaybeMarch. None of it seems definite. Even the fact that the film has a release date isn’t a sure sign of anything because these days, studios handout release dates like Halloween candy.

The one encouraging sign — and one that backs up Marty Mar’s words — is an interview director Joe Carnahan did back in August. Carnahan takes over for Michael Bay since he’s busy instructing robots in disguise on how to make him billions of dollars. While those are certainly big shoes to fill, the director of The Grey seems more focused on very thing Lawrence is focused on: Getting the script right before a single frame is shot.

“Unless you’re Toy Story 3, usually third ones aren’t the strongest, and I think this one will be the strongest of the trilogy thus far,” Carnahan told io9.

He’s right. Picture a movie series you love then name how many of them manage to stick the landing on the third entry. Yeah, the list is pretty short, with the aforementioned Toy Story probably at the top of it. Outside of that little hurdle, he and Lawrence both cite busy schedules keeping this movie out our lives.

“We couldn’t all get in a room, go through this thing and really ring it out,” he said. “I’m a big believer in ‘Do the work at the script level until you’ve got something you know works.’ That everyone is happy with, the stars are happy with, the director is happy with, the studio is happy with.”

So there you have it. Bad Boys 3 or Bad Boys For Life — as our movie overlords wants you to refer to it as — is going to happen. It’s got a January 2018 release date so yeah, shooting next March sounds like the logical next step. If they push this thing back again though, they risk suffering the same fate as Zoolander 2, Independence Day: Resurgence, and other sequels that waited way too long and struck when the iron was ice cold.
Martin Lawrence Says 'Bad Boys 3' Is Official And He's Not Crying Wolf

@MartyMcFly

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
vEZvQKv.gif

Gonna be LIT :banderas:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Bad Boys for Life has been one of those long-gestating sequels that seems to be finally getting underway. Writer/director Joe Carnahan (The Grey, The A Team) was previously hired on by Sony to take on this sequel to Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2 – which originally featured Will Smith and Martin Lawrence and director Michael Bay at the helm. Despite various delays (most likely related to Smith’s schedule), Carnahan seems to have been hard at work in bringing these bickering Miami narcotics cops/friends/bad boys back to the big screen.

Various pieces of information on the development of a Bad Boys 3 have been in the news over the years, as it’s an action series that is both exciting (due to Bay’s explosions and action filmmaking) and generally likable thanks to the chemistry between Smith and Lawrence. Bad Boys 2, in particular, may not be called out for its high quality, as far as critical praise goes, but it does have enough of a following for fans to want more (not to mention insane action). Based on a new interview, it seems Carnahan knows he has a duty to deliver something special for those who have waited.

In an interview with Collider, Carnahan talked openly about what he’s been up to concerning Bad Boys For Life and what the fans can expect. While confirmations have only been made via quotes, the way he spoke confirms that Smith will be heavily involved (many have questioned if a new director also meant getting new stars). Carnahan even offered information about the relationship of working with Smith and the many rewrites of the film’s script:

“It’s been a pretty centralized process. I’ve been writing this thing for the better part of a year. And at times, Will and I have discussed this too, it’s nice to drop back and just worry about the directing part of it and have people come to you, so that you don’t burn out completely. We know we have to satisfy X, Y, and Z, let me take a shot at this, and see if it comes back and see if you like it, see if it works. In that respect, Will’s been wonderful and a lot of fun, and always a willing participant, always welcoming… It’s a constant search for making it better and better and better. And I applaud that, that’s a hell of a trait to have, because he could be the other way, like whatever, but that’s not his style.”

Carnahan also spoke about the chemistry between Smith and Lawrence, as that is actually what interested the director most. He states:

“It’s a very grounded, as much as it can be, Miami narcotics/robbery/homicide cops [story], two lifelong friends, these things are all appealing to me. That and knowing and doing something that I thought would be interesting, that would be an interesting challenge. Because those other films are Michael Bay’s and if you’re gonna come in you really gotta take it, you really gotta own that franchise. I came at it from a screenwriter’s standpoint and wrote my own version of the story, which is always exciting and fun. That’s what it was, being able to, as a writer, put my own spin on that world, more than anything else.”

There was also talk about creating new villains for the series, during Carnahan’s Bad Boys 3 discussion with Collider:

“It wasn’t challenging [coming up with the antagonist]. It should’ve been. You’ve got all these years in the game and you’ve made all these enemies, you’ve accumulated all this, so in that respect it would be easy. But I don’t wanna say anything else because I don’t wanna ruin the delicacy of who our antagonist is, because I think it’s very cool. It’s not one person. It’s a multi-headed hydra, I’ll say that. It works beautifully.”

Lastly, Carnahan spoke about the film’s potential R-rating, which has been key for the series. He states:

“I think it’s gonna be R. I don’t think we’re trying to make a PG-13 version of Bad Boys. We haven’t discussed the rating, but both the other films were R-rated; Deadpool made $800 million globally and was an R-rated film, the new Wolverine is R-rated. I think these things don’t factor it, my theory is people gravitate more toward R-rated films than PG-13, I think the PG-13 thing is betwixt and between now. It’s not fundamentally rooted in any metric where you can go, ‘Okay, we can prove that this had success because it was PG-13.’ Look at the Matrix trilogy, that was wildly successful and they were all R-rated films. Unless things change, I think we’re making a Bad Boys film and that’s an R-rated movie.”

One thing to keep in mind is how Bad Boys 2 did come 8 years after the first film. While this sequel has nearly doubled the amount of time found in the last break, there could be something to say in regards to looking at how action filmmaking has changed from the ’90s to the early ’00s and into the ’10s. Carnahan’s credits have certainly allowed him to dip his toes into different kinds of action (from Narc to Smokin’ Aces) – so while Bay may be busy with Transformers movies and personal projects, it could potentially be great to team up Carnahan with producer Jerry Bruckheimer for a new kind of explosive fun.

Best of all is the potential of another ride through the streets of Miami, while Smith and Lawrence argue with each other in hilarious ways. Ideally the film also tones down some of the “Bayhem” found in the more ridiculous moments of Bad Boys 2, but at the same time, what else would audiences really want with another film like this? (Well, more Joe Pantliano, but what else?) Everyone will find out in the near future, but it will surely lead to a lot of gun fights and yelling, at least.

Bad Boys 3 Update; Director Teases Multiple Villains & R Rating

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
will-smith-martin-lawrence-bad-boys-ii-big.jpg

From now on, that’s how you tease.

Speaking to Jimmy Kimmel on Monday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live, Will Smith said a third Bad Boys film was close to becoming a reality.

“It is very, very, very close. It is very close,” Smith said, offering little other details. He also praised costar Martin Lawrence, saying, “I love that dude. That’s among the best times I’ve ever had making movies. So I’m looking forward to it.”

Back in October, Lawrence appeared on Kimmel’s late-night show and revealed the film would possibly shoot in March. “It’s just a matter of getting the script right and doing it at the right time.”

In August, Sony dated Bad Boys 3, titled Bad Boys for Life, for Jan. 12, 2018.

Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' Is 'Very Close'