Official Bad Boys For Life Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yes Will had a 4 straight Year Run:

95 Bad Boys
96 Independence Day
97 Men in Black and Big Willie Style (Went damn near Diamond)
98 Enemy of the State

So it was "Bad Boys" that literally set off his Legendary Career as a Movie Star. Everyone check out the 1st Single from the "Bad Boys For Life" Soundtrack. Black Eyed Peas and J Balvin with the club banger "Ritmo". It's already a worldwide smash.

Would have been the perfect run if he picked The Matrix over Wild Wild West in 99.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Are y'all sure Martin was a bigger star than will during the release of the first bad boys? I mean wasnt fresh Prince more popular than Martin? Plus he was a rap star too

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Are y'all sure Martin was a bigger star than will during the release of the first bad boys? I mean wasnt fresh Prince more popular than Martin? Plus he was a rap star too
Martins show was a huge success. He had a hit stand up in 93 also hosting def Comedy Jam which was also huge at the time. Martin was a big name.

I think a lot of people always think of Will as a big star but he wasn't yet. He was still growing into who he would become.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Martins show was a huge success. He had a hit stand up in 93 also hosting def Comedy Jam which was also huge at the time. Martin was a big name.

I think a lot of people always think of Will as a big star but he wasn't yet. He was still growing into who he would become.

Plus Martin was a creator and writer on the "Martin" show where as Will did not create or write "The Fresh Prince" show though it was based around his Rap Persona (Quince Jones was a creator). Will was a Star at that point but he wasn't a Mega/Super Star yet until after the "Bad Boys" through "Enemy of the State" run. So yes Martin was a Big Name at that point which is why he got the Staring role originally in "Bad Boys" and had to bring Will on to the movie.

Would have been the perfect run if he picked The Matrix over Wild Wild West in 99.

Yes huge misstep on Will's Part. "Wild Wild West" was a huge show from the 60's, he should of known taking over a beloved role like that would of been iffy. The Movie actually still did over 200 Million Worldwide but the budget was crazy something like 170 and that was huge for a movie back then so Will got paid on that. Will did get a #1 Hit Single from the "Wild Wild West" song out of it though, lol. Everything happens for reasons sometimes, Keanu was amazing as Neo but yes the "One" being a Black Man should still happen. 99-01 wasn't the greatest run for Will outside of "Ali" though sadly that didn't do to hot at the box office.

99 - Wild Wild West
00 - Legend of Bagger Vance
01 - Ali

His most successful Run came right after that slump in 02-08 where he made history having 8 straight 100 Million Dollar Blockbusters in a row:

02 Men Black II
03 Bad Boys II
04 I, Robot and Shark Tale
05 Hitch
06 Pursuit of Happyness
07 I Am Legend
08 Hancock

These last 10 years have been hit or miss honestly but he's been on the right track this last year.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Plus Martin was a creator and writer on the "Martin" show where as Will did not create or write "The Fresh Prince" show though it was based around his Rap Persona (Quince Jones was a creator). Will was a Star at that point but he wasn't a Mega/Super Star yet until after the "Bad Boys" through "Enemy of the State" run. So yes Martin was a Big Name at that point which is why he got the Staring role originally in "Bad Boys" and had to bring Will on to the movie.

Yes huge misstep on Will's Part. "Wild Wild West" was a huge show from the 60's, he should of known taking over a beloved role like that would of been iffy. The Movie actually still did over 200 Million Worldwide but the budget was crazy something like 170 and that was huge for a movie back then so Will got paid on that. Will did get a #1 Hit Single from the "Wild Wild West" song out of it though, lol. Everything happens for reasons sometimes, Keanu was amazing as Neo but yes the "One" being a Black Man should still happen. 99-01 wasn't the greatest run for Will outside of "Ali" though sadly that didn't do to hot at the box office.

99 - Wild Wild West
00 - Legend of Bagger Vance
01 - Ali

His most successful Run came right after that slump in 02-08 where he made history having 8 straight 100 Million Dollar Blockbusters in a row:

02 Men Black II
03 Bad Boys II
04 I, Robot and Shark Tale
05 Hitch
06 Pursuit of Happyness
07 I Am Legend
08 Hancock

These last 10 years have been hit or miss honestly but he's been on the right track this last year.
How you feel about him passing on Django?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
How you feel about him passing on Django?

Personally never had a problem with it. He produced, wrote for the story for, and starred in After Earth with his son Jaden. No matter what anybody says about that flick (which wasn’t NEARLY as bad as people made it out to be) starring in a scifi movie that you conceived and produced with your son as “The One” is better than starring in Quentin Tarantino’s slavery fantasy

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Personally never had a problem with it. He produced, wrote for the story for, and starred in After Earth with his son Jaden. No matter what anybody says about that flick (which wasn’t NEARLY as bad as people made it out to be) starring in a scifi movie that you conceived and produced with your son as “The One” is better than starring in Quentin Tarantino’s slavery fantasy
FACTS!