Official Bad Boys For Life Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gotta stop you on the first point. I don’t believe he ever wanted to do it again once that transformers movie started rolling in. He moved on from it and was good with what he did. And I never believed you need him anyway. Yes he can shoot action. But the Michael bay of bad boys and bad boys 2 has been dead a long long long time. He poke his head out for pain and gain but that was brief.

You need someone who can make an action movie for 2018 not still be stuck in the early 2000s, which is where he’s been for a while now. The genre has moved on. If you’re trying to compete with the fast movies, the raid movies, and the John wick movies, you gotta step it up and bay’s 2003 way of action won’t fly now. Neither will his insistence on racial stereotypes, gender stereotypes, and lack of focus on a script. He can kick several rocks.

Also not for nothing but the best way to do a bad boys movie now for this decade is mold it after the fast and furious movies. In fact they should’ve just found a way to do a crossover and have Marcus and Mike turn up in the fast and furious movies.

I agree doing it in the vein of the FF movies is the way to go. NOT with a crossover though. Crossovers between franchises mostly suck, leave that to Marvel and the CW DC television shows.

That’s why I think getting younger directors is a good thing. They can bring that FUN back to the franchise and give it new life.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree doing it in the vein of the FF movies is the way to go. NOT with a crossover though. Crossovers between franchises mostly suck, leave that to Marvel and the CW DC television shows.

That’s why I think getting younger directors is a good thing. They can bring that FUN back to the franchise and give it new life.

That’s why I wanted Carnahan. He knows how to make a fun movie and a good movie lol. And has a sick twisted mind for action

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That’s why I wanted Carnahan. He knows how to make a fun movie and a good movie lol. And has a sick twisted mind for action

Yea I thought losing Carnahan was the true death blow for the franchise but I’m very interested in seeing what these young guys can do if they sign on.

Really I’m very interested in Will Smith’s movie choices as he ages. He’s got Gemini Man, Aladdin, Suicide Squad 2, and presumably Bad Boys 3 on the horizon. It looks like he’s stopped Oscar chasing and is getting back to doing the fun type of films that made him the MAN ATL begin with.

Not to say I don’t want to se him try to expand his range with dramatic work. He can act his ass off with the RIGHT type of script (anyone whose seen Six Degrees Of Separation or the last scene in Pursuit Of Happyness and says he can’t act is a hater) but he needs to rebuild his brand as bankable Star. Every time Tom Cruise flops, he does another Mission Impossible Movie and reminds people why they liked him to begin with. Bad Boys could be Will’s MI: Impossible

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Gemini Man is actually supposed to start filming in spring like you said. SS2 doesn’t have an official filming schedule yet so either it’ll be pushed back to accodomate Will’s schedule if he’s doing BB3 or DC still and their shyt in limbo...

The fact is however that Sony needs to get the train moving FAST because Will has pretty much proven he isn’t gonna sit around waitin. Make sure the script is good, sign those directors and back the truck of cash at Jaden’s Playhouse Will’s front yard and let’s get it!

UPDATE: ‘Suicide Squad 2’ Expected To Begin Filming Next October

And DC started filming Shazam a couple days ago and WW2 will film in July

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I thought losing Carnahan was the true death blow for the franchise but I’m very interested in seeing what these young guys can do if they sign on.

Really I’m very interested in Will Smith’s movie choices as he ages. He’s got Gemini Man, Aladdin, Suicide Squad 2, and presumably Bad Boys 3 on the horizon. It looks like he’s stopped Oscar chasing and is getting back to doing the fun type of films that made him the MAN ATL begin with.

Not to say I don’t want to se him try to expand his range with dramatic work. He can act his ass off with the RIGHT type of script (anyone whose seen Six Degrees Of Separation or the last scene in Pursuit Of Happyness and says he can’t act is a hater) but he needs to rebuild his brand as bankable Star. Every time Tom Cruise flops, he does another Mission Impossible Movie and reminds people why they liked him to begin with. Bad Boys could be Will’s MI: Impossible

Here’s the difference tho: mission impossible has been a consistent franchise for 20 years. Bad boys hasn’t. And Martin already said he can’t do bad boys forever. Tom Cruise has already shown he plans on dying on the set of a mission impossible movie

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Here’s the difference tho: mission impossible has been a consistent franchise for 20 years. Bad boys hasn’t. And Martin already said he can’t do bad boys forever. Tom Cruise has already shown he plans on dying on the set of a mission impossible movie

And lord knows we praise Xenu for the man's courage. He's a national treasure.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Save that title for a fourth movie and name this something else :hhh: shyt, if you don't bank on this making a return you wouldn't make it in the first place

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They better stop playing with my emotions. This movie franchise made me fall in love with miami

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Will wrapped filming on both Aladdin and Gemini Man so I think he’s free as of right now.

Only issue is I thought they were fast tracking the Suicide Squad sequel :patrice: maybe with the recent creative reshuffling over at DC they aren’t putting hold on shooting new films until fix that disaster of a “universe” they tried to force feed us...
Gemini Man hasn't started filming yet.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah cause they’ve never hired a director for this movie, announced a start date, and announced a new writer. :russ:

I’d love to be wrong but until I see set pics like I’m seeing from the new Halloween movie, I won’t believe it. Two directors have already walked. And two writers.
Yea I even thought this was an old thread b/c I've heard all of this shyt before. Nothing to see here :russell: