Official Bad Boys For Life Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think there's any pump faking with this announcement. I think it's really happening this time. The directors they got are really strong, young talent. They are a great match for this material.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think there's any pump faking with this announcement. I think it's really happening this time. The directors they got are really strong, young talent. They are a great match for this material.

So was joe carnahan. The issue isn’t the directors or the script. The issue has been talent not being willing to commit. The reason carnahan walked is because he wanted to move on and they were taking too long. And we know it ain’t Martin dragging his feet. It’s big willie style

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Will wrapped filming on both Aladdin and Gemini Man so I think he’s free as of right now.

Only issue is I thought they were fast tracking the Suicide Squad sequel :patrice: maybe with the recent creative reshuffling over at DC they aren’t putting hold on shooting new films until fix that disaster of a “universe” they tried to force feed us...

Pretty sure Gemini Man films this Spring and Suicide Squad in October

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Bad Boys won't be the same without Micheal Bay, say what you want his direction and the cast helped elevate both movies, you need both.
If you can't get Bay, get Snyder to direct, he is the only one of the modern directors who is in the Cameron, Bay family of action direction, just tell him no slo-mo

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Bad Boys won't be the same without Micheal Bay, say what you want his direction and the cast helped elevate both movies, you need both.
If you can't get Bay, get Snyder to direct, he is the only one of the modern directors who is in the Cameron, Bay family of action direction, just tell him no slo-mo

I was saying that for YEARS but finally made my peace with it. Bay wanted to do it several years ago but moved on from it and doesn’t seem to have any interest in it as he can make millions of dollars shytting out Transformers sequels for the rest of his life.

Snyder should stay FAR FAR AWAY from BB3. His DC movies besides the first half of MOS have ALL been awful. He’s overrated and needs to disappear for awhile.

I actually like the idea of getting some fresh blood in the Director’s Chair. New ideas and a fresh perspective might breathe life into a third installment.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was saying that for YEARS but finally made my peace with it. Bay wanted to do it several years ago but moved on from it and doesn’t seem to have any interest in it as he can make millions of dollars shytting out Transformers sequels for the rest of his life.

Snyder should stay FAR FAR AWAY from BB3. His DC movies besides the first half of MOS have ALL been awful. He’s overrated and needs to disappear for awhile.

I actually like the idea of getting some fresh blood in the Director’s Chair. New ideas and a fresh perspective might breathe life into a third installment.

Gotta stop you on the first point. I don’t believe he ever wanted to do it again once that transformers movie started rolling in. He moved on from it and was good with what he did. And I never believed you need him anyway. Yes he can shoot action. But the Michael bay of bad boys and bad boys 2 has been dead a long long long time. He poke his head out for pain and gain but that was brief.

You need someone who can make an action movie for 2018 not still be stuck in the early 2000s, which is where he’s been for a while now. The genre has moved on. If you’re trying to compete with the fast movies, the raid movies, and the John wick movies, you gotta step it up and bay’s 2003 way of action won’t fly now. Neither will his insistence on racial stereotypes, gender stereotypes, and lack of focus on a script. He can kick several rocks.

Also not for nothing but the best way to do a bad boys movie now for this decade is mold it after the fast and furious movies. In fact they should’ve just found a way to do a crossover and have Marcus and Mike turn up in the fast and furious movies.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Pretty sure Gemini Man films this Spring and Suicide Squad in October

Gemini Man is actually supposed to start filming in spring like you said. SS2 doesn’t have an official filming schedule yet so either it’ll be pushed back to accodomate Will’s schedule if he’s doing BB3 or DC still and their shyt in limbo...

The fact is however that Sony needs to get the train moving FAST because Will has pretty much proven he isn’t gonna sit around waitin. Make sure the script is good, sign those directors and back the truck of cash at Jaden’s Playhouse Will’s front yard and let’s get it!