Official Bad Boys For Life Thread

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
People saying Michael Bay, but correct me if I'm wrong, I thought they had put together a writer's room to make three (3) more Transformers movies. Even after this next one, there are supposedly two more coming. He's not avail.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bay is AVAILABLE. He's not directing the next Transformers. The one coming out this summer is his last. He's def available. But like others said, they probably approached him and he passed. They should still keep trying to get him though. Back up the Brinks truck if need be.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
People saying Michael Bay, but correct me if I'm wrong, I thought they had put together a writer's room to make three (3) more Transformers movies. Even after this next one, there are supposedly two more coming. He's not avail.

He says he's really done with the franchise this time. Like for serious

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
These cats waiting forever and a day to put out a movie that should have been made a decade ago.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do you believe him? I don't see him coming back to Bad Boys, no disrespect, but Martin is a has-been now.

Yeah I believe him. I don't see him coming back to bad boys either but he's been making transformers movies for 10 years now. I'm sure he'll be happy to just collect that producers check from now on or exec producer and let someone else do it. I don't think it was just the money that kept him coming back because he could demand as much money from anyone for any project. As weird as this sounds I think Bay has other stories he wants to tell

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They could hire a black action movie director:stopitslime:

F Gary Gray or Antoine Fuqua or Ryan Coogler

Cats out here talking about bringing Bay back, we just decent action scenes and Will and Martin to do their thing chemistry wise. You dont really an overstylized guy like Bay for that.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So who could replace Carnahan as director on the Martin Lawrence/Will Smith-led movie? IBTimes UK offers up a few suggestions...

Michael Bay

Okay, so this suggestion might be leaning towards more "wishful-thinking" than a realistic possibility but it's safe to say that fans of the first two instalments in the Bad Boys franchise would be happy for director Michael Bay to return. He knows the characters and he knows what kind of tone is expected but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he's too keen on taking on the sequel having previously told HeyUGuys: "They just can't get it together. There's a point when... life's too short."

Phil Lord & Christopher Miller

christopher-miller-phil-lord.jpg

Directing duo Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are hot property when it comes to Hollywood right now, having impressed audiences with animation The Lego Movie and its sequel The Lego Batman movie. Not only that, but they've also taken on the task of helming the upcoming Star Wars spin-off centred on young Han Solo.

Basically, these guys have filmmaking guts and know how to adapt to an already existing franchise making them very worthy candidates. But if that's not enough to convince you, they're also the brains behind both instalments of buddy-cop comedy 21 Jump Street...

Jordan Vogt-Roberts

jordan-vogt-roberts.jpg

Jordan Vogt-Roberts has impressed critics with his treatment of action in Kong: Skull Island so he'd undoubtedly nail the more thrilling sequences in Bad Boys For Life.

Indie director Vogt-Roberts is just getting to grips with large-scale blockbusters, but it certainly doesn't seem he's struggling to make the transition what with his latest outing, Kong: Skull Island, proving pretty popular with critics. The general consensus on that picture is that it's fun, vibrant and action-packed... exactly what fans want from future Bad Boys movies right?

Justin Simien
justin-simien.jpg

Dear White People filmmaker Justin Simien is young, fresh and can direct and write... what more evidence is needed?

Not only is Dear White People's Justin Simien a director, he's also a dab-hand at writing for screen too, so could easily take over from Carnahan when it comes to both duties. Unlike the other directors on this suggestions list, Simien – while having critical success with previous outings – hasn't really received his deserved big break yet either, could this be it?

Doug Liman

doug-liman.jpg

Edge Of Tomorrow proved that director Doug Liman knows a thing or two about thrills.

He proved himself to be a master of action movies with his 2014 outing Edge Of Tomorrow, but what really impressed cinema-goers about that film was how well it juggled comedy and more emotion-filled sequences along with its thrills. The Bad Boys franchise has always featured similar moments so it seems like Liman would be a good fit.

Matthew Vaughn

matthew-vaughn.jpg

Best known for Kick-Ass and Kingsman, Vaughn is certainly a maestro in all things action-comedy.

The reasons why Vaughn would be a great choice for Bad Boys For Life would be similar to those that have us championing Liman. Known best for helming Kick-Ass and Kingsman: The Secret Service, the English filmmaker is an expert at getting the balance between action and comedy just right and latelast year, he finished production on sequel Kingsman: The Golden Circle... The timing couldn't have worked out better.

Vaughn would be a good choice

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They could hire a black action movie director:stopitslime:

F Gary Gray or Antoine Fuqua or Ryan Coogler

Cats out here talking about bringing Bay back, we just decent action scenes and Will and Martin to do their thing chemistry wise. You dont really an overstylized guy like Bay for that.

His name should be at the top of their fukking list. Gray can do action, comedy, and suspense. They should be looking at Gray to do the next Beverly Hills Cop movie too.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:why: How hard is it to make 1 fukking last movie?!!? Jesus Christ
I think its supposed to be 2 movies. I dont think Will wants to do it he could get the ball rolling imo if he wanted to.