Official Assassins Creed Unity Thread

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
What was wrong with it? I didn't play it
Although I'm a big fan of the series, black flag was basically a pirate game. dude became a master assassin without training, didn't give a shyt about the cause until near the end of the story, and there was zero sense of brotherhood or purpose. just a fukking pirate jacking ships and killing people. the ships were fun and double swords was a decent novelty but the game didn't deliver a true assassin's experience. I was already angry enough about connor being as interesting as a dead cockroach.

Personally, I think the story would've been better if adewale was the main character (obviously changing the story a little so he is the jackdaw captain and other stuff). But ubisoft isn't going to put a minority in the main slot. aveline was some side shyt and connor was light mixed.

i'm looking forward to unity, but idgaf about the co-op personally.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Although I'm a big fan of the series, black flag was basically a pirate game. dude became a master assassin without training, didn't give a shyt about the cause until near the end of the story, and there was zero sense of brotherhood or purpose. just a fukking pirate jacking ships and killing people. the ships were fun and double swords was a decent novelty but the game didn't deliver a true assassin's experience. I was already angry enough about connor being as interesting as a dead cockroach.

Personally, I think the story would've been better if adewale was the main character (obviously changing the story a little so he is the jackdaw captain and other stuff). But ubisoft isn't going to put a minority in the main slot. aveline was some side shyt and connor was light mixed.

i'm looking forward to unity, but idgaf about the co-op personally.

Edward isn't even a real Assassin, he just joins some alliance with them but never really joins. He's basically a pirate who stole an Assassins' clothes and pretends to be one. Them nikkas were fake assassin banging :dead:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Edward isn't even a real Assassin, he just joins some alliance with them but never really joins. He's basically a pirate who stole an Assassins' clothes and pretends to be one. Them nikkas were fake assassin banging :dead:
he did at the end, and there's stuff you can read that shows he became a real one after going back to england.

the actual storyline you play showed none of this shyt though.

i think they fukked up by making ezio so fukkin awesome. connor ain't shyt, haytham ain't shyt, edward aint shyt, aveline ain't shyt, the chinese one ain't shyt
arno remains to be seen. don't let him be some obsessed dikkhead like connor though

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
My hype for this had faltered tremendously.
I'll get it if it's on sale on Black Friday.
Otherwise, meh.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
he did at the end, and there's stuff you can read that shows he became a real one after going back to england.

the actual storyline you play showed none of this shyt though.

i think they fukked up by making ezio so fukkin awesome. connor ain't shyt, haytham ain't shyt, edward aint shyt, aveline ain't shyt, the chinese one ain't shyt
arno remains to be seen. don't let him be some obsessed dikkhead like connor though

I don't think they thought it through when they made him like that....Ezio was supposed to be THE assassin. The quintessential Assassin actually...but when they saw they could get that bread and they had at LEAST 3 major time periods they could do (American Revolution, Antebellum America and the French Revolution.) They went forward.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I don't think they thought it through when they made him like that....Ezio was supposed to be THE assassin. The quintessential Assassin actually...but when they saw they could get that bread and they had at LEAST 3 major time periods they could do (American Revolution, Antebellum America and the French Revolution.) They went forward.
Exactly. He was THE assassin. The GOAT assassin. No one could top him, and no one they ever made could top it. Those time periods were great but the execution just wasn't similar enough. I'm one of those guys who wants improvement over the old game but still somewhat/highly similar mechanics that can be closely related to the last one. I felt like they added too many small useless things and didn't focus on putting you in their shoes enough. Some games make this radical jump from one to the other. Like with Splinter Cell. 1, 2, and 3 were fukking dope but the ones after that sucked gorilla balls.

Whenever I play AC2 or Revelations, I feel like I'm kinda there. With 3 it's just like I'm pushing buttons while Connor is deadset on vengeance.
I'm still playing every major AC that comes out though regardless.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. He was THE assassin. The GOAT assassin. No one could top him, and no one they ever made could top it. Those time periods were great but the execution just wasn't similar enough. I'm one of those guys who wants improvement over the old game but still somewhat/highly similar mechanics that can be closely related to the last one. I felt like they added too many small useless things and didn't focus on putting you in their shoes enough. Some games make this radical jump from one to the other. Like with Splinter Cell. 1, 2, and 3 were fukking dope but the ones after that sucked gorilla balls.

Whenever I play AC2 or Revelations, I feel like I'm kinda there. With 3 it's just like I'm pushing buttons while Connor is deadset on vengeance.
I'm still playing every major AC that comes out though regardless.

There's also no development...through the course of AC2 Ezio goes from a petulant teenager to master assassin and keeper of a piece. NO other Assassin had that type of development. But then again AC2 is over the course of like 30 years.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
There's also no development...through the course of AC2 Ezio goes from a petulant teenager to master assassin and keeper of a piece. NO other Assassin had that type of development. But then again AC2 is over the course of like 30 years.
Exactly. They chronicled his whole damn life. ffs we made his goddamn feet move when he was born, all the way until when he retires his hidden blade and settles down with his girl.

Now all these games stuff the whole life into one disc. Just doesn't have the same development. I'd love if they had some insane cliffhanger for Arno and the story wasn't finished. and fukk all the dlcs

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. They chronicled his whole damn life. ffs we made his goddamn feet move when he was born, all the way until when he retires his hidden blade and settles down with his girl.

Now all these games stuff the whole life into one disc. Just doesn't have the same development. I'd love if they had some insane cliffhanger for Arno and the story wasn't finished. and fukk all the dlcs

OR just get better writers.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
OR just get better writers.
All that money and they can't do so.

Then again I often think we're outsiders, and haven't been exposed to the inside details of everything AC related. Like when you introduce someone to hip hop or mma or boxing. You've seen and heard the best so you only wanna see great shyt but the stuff that you consider rookieish and old as fukk, the newbie considers fukking amazing. Obviously we're not newbie mofukkas but you get the idea. They're so used to and sick of all the constant exposure to the data they come up with something new to THEM, which is a big, big departure for us.