Official Art Thread (painters, fine artists, etc Come In)

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
The entire video is them muthafukkas copying from pics...this is why I'm against art school besides the technical training...they teach you extreme eurocentric art.

Esp with this being a foreign academy/school...they stifle creativity. In fact they let them.use projectors which is bullshyt. They gotta learn to draw what they see instead of applying shadows/value/chiroscura. Their hand and eye coordination will be off when it comes to free form drawing

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
The entire video is them muthafukkas copying from pics...this is why I'm against art school besides the technical training...they teach you extreme eurocentric art.

Esp with this being a foreign academy/school...they stifle creativity. In fact they let them.use projectors which is bullshyt. They gotta learn to draw what they see instead of applying shadows/value/chiroscura. Their hand and eye coordination will be off when it comes to free form drawing
Damn! Didn’t expect this type of response

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

yeah, them folks are gonna be good on a technical draftsman level, but they not learning hand eye connection with that late renaissance, grid/projection shyt. to me, that shyt should only be used to transfer something onto some BIG ass canvas, like a mural. doesnt seem like they learning how to tap into their own creativity from that video.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Damn! Didn’t expect this type of response
Like breh...no art student should learn to do art by using a projector. Yes there are famous historical artists that use projectors and I even use them too. It speeds up the process and even Leonardo DiVinci used projectors called the Lucy. So did Norman Rockwell....but they didn't use them shyts while LEARNING ART.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
yeah, them folks are gonna be good on a technical draftsman level, but they not learning hand eye connection with that late renaissance, grid/projection shyt. to me, that shyt should only be used to transfer something onto some BIG ass canvas, like a mural. doesnt seem like they learning how to tap into their own creativity from that video.
Not at all. They look like drones and a class full of future art forgers.

Again. Everybody "cheats" in art. And yes just cause a projector can be used doesn't mean the work will turn out great or masterful.

But there was a reason why E.L. Briscoe and Guy Jones refused to let us copy from pictures to. shyt...you mention a projector and my professors would str8 up tell you..."you have a picture...what you need a projector for?"

Granted Art School stifles your creativity to a MAX but we wasn't using projectors at all.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Like breh...no art student should learn to do art by using a projector. Yes there are famous historical artists that use projectors and I even use them too. It speeds up the process and even Leonardo DiVinci used projectors called the Lucy. So did Norman Rockwell....but they didn't use them shyts while LEARNING ART.
I don’t see no projector, what are you referring to?
Is this a good exercise?