Official Arcane(Season 2) - League Of Legends Thread

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Going back down memory lane and looking at some of the initial teasers and previews for this series. So fukkin good. This shyt came out when I was like 31 years old and it made me feel like a kid again as far as the hype, excitement and just something so original and visually aesthetic.

Even a year later I'm still moved by all of it. Season 2 can't come soon enough. The amount of expectation and hype behind that is crazy. Not to mention the potential expansion of the overall universe. It's very deep and fleshed out like.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
A few months back when Netflix geek week was airing I was sure they were going to release some kind of arcane season 2 news, but they only ended up teasing the documentary series (which was cool)

Anyway, the League of Legends annual world tournament thing is currently going on. The finals are going to be on November 5th and I'm hoping during the opening ceremony for that they will show something new for season 2. They did last year and in a pretty big way. Every year they have live performances and things as well before the final match starts.

Would be kind of lame if they don't give the fans something. They actually released season 1 trailers and teasers and things like that like a couple years before the show actually officially released on Netflix. Hopefully they'll keep that same tradition going.

But I'm also aware that it's going to be tricky releasing a trailer to get people hyped and ready when you consider the nature of season 1 cliffhanger. It's going to be task to release a decent teaser trailer or something that doesn't give away what happens at the end of episode 9.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Came across a semi recent interview with the company CEO and some sort of head of television entertainment division new hire that confirms the second season isn't dropping until 2024

:francis:

At the very least I'm hoping we get some sort of preview or trailer or teaser this year, but at the same time what can you really show that isn't going to spoil that crazy ass cliffhanger?

They could very well keep us in the dark until the very day it drops. But at the same time you're going to want to advertise and promote the shyt out of this to maximize hype and viewership.

It's a bit of a dilemma. Between that and the spoilers

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Came across a semi recent interview with the company CEO and some sort of head of television entertainment division new hire that confirms the second season isn't dropping until 2024

:francis:

At the very least I'm hoping we get some sort of preview or trailer or teaser this year, but at the same time what can you really show that isn't going to spoil that crazy ass cliffhanger?

They could very well keep us in the dark until the very day it drops. But at the same time you're going to want to advertise and promote the shyt out of this to maximize hype and viewership.

It's a bit of a dilemma. Between that and the spoilers
I believe it took them a long time to make this due to the animation. I wasn't expecting anything for many years on that front.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I believe it took them a long time to make this due to the animation. I wasn't expecting anything for many years on that front.

I think the first season took like 6 years total but there was a whole bunch of delays and other things that took time since it was their first time doing something like this. Covid didn't help either.

If I remember correctly I think it took about 3 years for them to develop the whole show from start to finish (not counting the multi-year gap between the pilot and the other eight episodes).

CW_1991

Banned
Daps

Here's the full interview with one of the CEOs and another chick who is like the head of television and entertainment for the company and their plans for the future. They mention that she was 24 release date

And here's another guy who did an interview fairly recently who is like in charge of helping all of the live action movies and shows they're going to be doing in the future with the company

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
If of the same quality I'd wait years.
The same at the very least. But I'm expecting it to be better. They've said multiple times that quality is their biggest priority. They have a reputation to uphold now after winning Emmys and every other award they were nominated in.

Season 1 was just a whole different dimension of quality and greatness. I do feel like there ought to be enough material since the first 3 episodes are complete to release some sort of teaser or something to get people salivating. I posted earlier in this thread that somebody very close to the CEO of the company confirmed that season 2 will drop in 2024 and you had trailers coming out two or three years before season 1 even dropped. So I wonder how they're going to play that.

But at the same time, can you really release a teaser trailer or anything of that sort for season 2 that doesn't spoil everything that the cliffhanger leaves us with?