Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The battery on my Max seems to be draining way too fast. Gonna fully kill it a couple times and see if that fixes it.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
The battery on my Max seems to be draining way too fast. Gonna fully kill it a couple times and see if that fixes it.

Turn off screen time. That’s a battery killer!

shyt i work 7:30AM to 6:00PM and still have 50 percent battery when i clock out. what do you do on your phone? if you sit on your phone browsing the internet or on social media constantly obviously the battery is gonna drain. I have podcasts playing all day and still end up with 40-50 percent.

And i have screen time on with an apple watch and bluetooth headset connected all day.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
shyt i work 7:30AM to 6:00PM and still have 50 percent battery when i clock out. what do you do on your phone? if you sit on your phone browsing the internet or on social media constantly obviously the battery is gonna drain. I have podcasts playing all day and still end up with 40-50 percent.

And i have screen time on with an apple watch and bluetooth headset connected all day.
Of course. Audio doesnt do shyt to the battery. I got like 7 hours on the s9 by just dimming the screen and watching Amazon prime along with browsing YouTube.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

Breh I only use my phone at lunch and on break time at work from 7-5:30. My X would have an easy 80-85 left. This shyt is ridiculous

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was this posted already? Battery comparison between XS Max and the Note 9

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
dudes think they can rip out usb cords from the wire every day wrap it around everything every which way and the cord is supposed to stay pristine. i could see if people were removing the cords and handling them properly and they fray for no reason.
I'm sorry but I still have Micro USB cables from the first few HTC EVO phone and the Palm Pre and they still work just fine.

Apple cables are the only ones I have that continually fray at the ends. They're cheaply made and you can blame whoever you want but its a known problem other cables don't have.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I'm sorry but I still have Micro USB cables from the first few HTC EVO phone and the Palm Pre and they still work just fine.

Apple cables are the only ones I have that continually fray at the ends. They're cheaply made and you can blame whoever you want but its a known problem other cables don't have.

Yup, Apple cables are trash. They're made of some garbage ass eco friendly material. Great that they're thinking about the environment, but they have to find something better than what they're using.

I used a braided cable for my lightning cables.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps

You got to sort your phone settings out

My Max is getting better as time goes on. Barely drops to the red. Been abroad for the weekend, taking pictures, using Google Translate, using Maps, etc and battery wasn’t even taxed

Also got the AirPods. These shyts are :blessed:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

How To Calibrate iPhone Battery |

According to Apple, 100% means that you will get the expected battery life, but the device can charge beyond this. Keeping the device in the charger after it reaches 100% will ensure it is fully charged. Two additional hours should do it.

It is best to charge your iPhone when it is off. After you plug in the charger, your iPhone will automatically start up in a few minutes. When it is back online, simply hold down the sleep/wake button and slide your finger over the off switch. Your iPhone will charge faster when it is off. It will also generate less heat, which will extend overall battery life.

If you turn your iPhone off to charge, make sure to estimate how long it will take to charge beyond 100%. Five hours is a safe bet for an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. My iPhone 6 will charge to 100% in three hours, but the extra two hours will ensure that it is fully charged — beyond 100%.

Now that your device is fully charged, you should reset it. This is done by holding down the sleep/wake button (on the top of the device) and home button, until the Apple logo appears. Your device will boot up and is now reset. Remove the charging cable when your device is up and running.

When draining my battery, I usually let it sit for an hour or so afterwards just to make sure any remnant energy is totally discharged as well. Then, once it's charged to 100%, I'll continue to let it sit on the charger for another couple hours.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

Yup, Apple cables are trash. They're made of some garbage ass eco friendly material. Great that they're thinking about the environment, but they have to find something better than what they're using.

I used a braided cable for my lightning cables.

Their standard cables are indeed trash, but they must make their usb-c cables with better materials or something because Ive had that one going on a year and it hasnt started splitting or anything yet. I bend it and pack it in bags and everything.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Their standard cables are indeed trash, but they must make their usb-c cables with better materials or something because Ive had that one going on a year and it hasnt started splitting or anything yet. I bend it and pack it in bags and everything.
What are y'all doing to these cables? I've only had 1 lightning cable go to shyt on me. Now those 30 pin connectors were indeed trash. I don't know howany of those I had to replace.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Anybody get the XS or Max that used to have the X? Can you tell any difference in speed, battery, overall performance, display, etc? I'm not really trying to upgrade right now, but interested in whether there is a noticeable difference from those who had the X.